Jimbobcook's Mk2 FL Leon Cupra R (sold)

Deleted member 103408

Children, I expect better behavior from you, if you are naughty you wont be able to go to the meet.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So new list for the car whilst keeping it as standard as possible.

Genuine mudflaps
Battery cover mod (cheers @theoldboy)
New servo pipes as mine are starting to split
New battery (still original one I think)
Wheels blasted and put as gloss black again
Stage 2 machine polish

Once all that's done and it's at show room condition I think I'll pass it over to the next lovely owner who will be picked based on their love for it lol

Maybe I'll just do cars up to showroom condition and just sell them on from now on haha

Deleted member 103408

i think that hobby will cost you more than modding cars.

maybe start a car restoration business that way you get paid to have fun.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
So new list for the car whilst keeping it as standard as possible.

Genuine mudflaps
Battery cover mod (cheers @theoldboy)
New servo pipes as mine are starting to split
New battery (still original one I think)
Wheels blasted and put as gloss black again
Stage 2 machine polish

Once all that's done and it's at show room condition I think I'll pass it over to the next lovely owner who will be picked based on their love for it lol

Maybe I'll just do cars up to showroom condition and just sell them on from now on haha

If you sell it on what will you replace it with? A Mk3 Cupra? Maybe even a Mk4 when they are available?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
White

Cars are very hard to keep clean believe me haha, when you thinking of selling your cupra r?
White doesn't show imperfections as much as blue or red surely... I need a colour that looks good but doesn't catch the sun like a metallic lol

Probably mid this year (forgot it was 2019 now haha) I'd say maybe a little later...

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
White doesn't show imperfections as much as blue or red surely... I need a colour that looks good but doesn't catch the sun like a metallic lol

Probably mid this year (forgot it was 2019 now haha) I'd say maybe a little later...
If you get a white car get a polish that goes in in a different colour as you cannot see where it is and is not without running round the car and sitting at angles looking rather weird to your neighbours to see where it is and then you drive some where and see a Matt patch that was missed haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Did a detail on the wheels today...

Autobrite purple rain
Autobrite britegel
Autobrite cherry gloss
Poor boys wheel sealant

My car is a mess currently so I'll have to get a few hours off work so I can sort it out before the meet lol

IMG_20190101_150829-1305x2320.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Did a detail on the wheels today...

Autobrite purple rain
Autobrite britegel
Autobrite cherry gloss
Poor boys wheel sealant

My car is a mess currently so I'll have to get a few hours off work so I can sort it out before the meet lol

View attachment 3644
Looking good is the purple rain good? I've cleaned, polished, waxed the car and done a full valet and shampoo inside to then pick my youngest up who open a wispa bar in the back and I don't think I have to tell you the rest.......

Not a happy daddy

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looking good is the purple rain good? I've cleaned, polished, waxed the car and done a full valet and shampoo inside to then pick my youngest up who open a wispa bar in the back and I don't think I have to tell you the rest.......

Not a happy daddy
I've not used anyone else's iron fallout stuff so I have nothing to compare to but it has led me to believe that my rear drivers side wheel has an issue and is the one squeaking as it went double as purple as the rest and its a rear so shouldnt be doing as much work so off to the garage tomorrow to make sure they have my new servo pipes ordered and see if they can check all my brakes and get stuff ordered if needs be.

I've learnt that for wheels all you need is purple rain and britegel Aslong as you agitate them once they've been on for a few minutes when you wash it off the wheels are clean and you just dry, polish and seal them. Not a slow job with these wheels but worth it hopefully...

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
I've not used anyone else's iron fallout stuff so I have nothing to compare to but it has led me to believe that my rear drivers side wheel has an issue and is the one squeaking as it went double as purple as the rest and its a rear so shouldnt be doing as much work so off to the garage tomorrow to make sure they have my new servo pipes ordered and see if they can check all my brakes and get stuff ordered if needs be.

I've learnt that for wheels all you need is purple rain and britegel Aslong as you agitate them once they've been on for a few minutes when you wash it off the wheels are clean and you just dry, polish and seal them. Not a slow job with these wheels but worth it hopefully...
Might look at investing in them products I've looked at purple rain a few times. I have been using simonize alloy cleaner however since I let the Mrs park the car and kerbbed the front alloy almost 1/2 the way round I have stopped being picky about my wheels haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Might look at investing in them products I've looked at purple rain a few times. I have been using simonize alloy cleaner however since I let the Mrs park the car and kerbbed the front alloy almost 1/2 the way round I have stopped being picky about my wheels haha
Yeah the previous owner decided to curb the rears alot then kindly file down the rough bits and respray it seems so they need sandblasting then tig welding to make them look normal then respray gloss black again. That will be last on the list before selling it lol I know what I'm like.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.