My Mk2 Ibiza GTi 20VT Track Car Project *The end is here*

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
When i go down to pick it up i'll ask for you!

Cheers mate, just let me know how much i owe you and i'll get it sorted.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
My new silicone hoses arrived today thanks to Forge:)

18032008004.jpg

18032008006.jpg

Spoke to my local metal supplier and they can only sell me 5 meters of 51mm alloy pipe for just over £20. To get it home it'd have to be cut and they can charge up to £15 extra for it:(

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Love the hoses mate,have got all of them?that pipe is a bargin,shame about the cutting charge,take a hacksaw wiv you,

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Love the hoses mate,have got all of them?that pipe is a bargin,shame about the cutting charge,take a hacksaw wiv you,

I've got all the silicone pipes to sort the intercooler. The TIP is staying red though.

That's the plan, i'm hopefully going down on tuesday to get it and i'll cut it in the car park!

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Small update.

Battery cover arrived on thursday, finally got round to fitting it today.

23032008021.jpg

Neatens it up a little. Still need to sort out a few bits but it's still raining outside:(

Got a bit more paint off the inlet manifold, going to pick up a spare tonight so i can bolt that on and get mine polished asap.

23032008020.jpg

Should hopefully have the intercooler pipework on tuesday so i can start cutting that to size.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
A bit more progress today.

I fitted the inlet manifold that's on loan to me and sent mine away to get polished. Got my new bolt down coil packs and also fitted them.

I trial fitted some of the intercooler pipework and measured up the lengths of alloy pipe i'll need. Turns out i need more silicone too so that's on order with forge :)

Just had a call and my rocker cover is ready for collection, on my way to get that now. Pictures to follow!

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
As promised

25032008031.jpg

Might not be everyones cup of tea but i think it'll look good once it's all in.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Cheers guys:)

It looks better with the oil cap on, managed to get some red electrical tape so i can wrap the coilpack wiring.

Ben, i don't think i have to worry about it scratching. I was sanding down the earthing point and it took ages. The paint is really thick.

I do want to get the alternator done, but it's having it off the road that'll be the problem. I'll have to get insured on Mum and Dad's Volvo! Haha!

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Martin where local did your get that pipe from when i was after some i couldn't find any?

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Martin where local did your get that pipe from when i was after some i couldn't find any?

When i went to Parker's on Vauxhall Road in Canterbury last week they said they had 51mm(2") OD pipe. I phoned them today to pay for it and go and collect it but now they're saying they have never had any and never will!:confused:

Hopefully a guy Roly knows is going to help me out with some.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Dont tell me you were served by a coloured gentleman who was as much help as a poke in the eye?

Hahaha!

The guy i spoke to last week was really helpful and seemed to know what he was talking about. The guy i spoke to this morning seemed like he couldn't get off the phone quick enough.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.