My Mk4 Ibiza FR - then MX5 - Then M3 - Now E36 328

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Since having the car (just over a week now I've had to replace the battery because it had the wrong one which was far too small and I've ordered a CSL style diffuser :)

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Bit of an update, sorry these are copied from one of my other build threads so may not make sense!

Christmas has been kind to the M3.
I've got some HSD coilovers, a pair of rear 18" M3 wheels for a square set up.
And a pair of 20mm spacers on their way for the rear

Friday night me and a few mates fitted the coilovers.
The fronts were really easy and didn't take very long at all.
The rears took a lot longer due to the original springs being a ball ache to get out!
All was going well until I was driving to work on Saturday morning and the droplink tab decidd to spin round and hit the inside of the wheel.
Luckily I was only 100m from work and it's only marked the paint.
So Saturday night I locked all of the lock rings off properly and lowered the front a bit more.
Tonight I think I am going to raise the back a touch to match th front and leave it to settle.

I've since re-adjusted the ride height and it's about level now finally!
I test fitted one of the rear wheels on the front, it pokes a touch but should fit nicely with the arches rolled and a touch of camber.
I'm thinking about putting my 225/45 tyres on the fronts, I know people will say why run different size tyres on a square set up but it will give extra clearance and realistically on normal roads under normal driving conditions it wont make that much or a difference surely.

I expect some replies to that one!

My 20mm spacers for the rear should be turning up today as well so I will get on with getting those on tonight

After a little bit more arch work the 15mm spacers are on with no rubbing what so ever :)
I will eventually get the 20mm spacers on but i'm not in as much of a rush now.

Here are a few pics, I really need to borrow a decent camera and get some better pictures!

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
I shall do, the pics above have the 15mm spacers on but it's still not right.
The 20mm ones should be on next week :)

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Haven't been on here in a while so thought I would come and update.
The M3 is now gone! I'm trying to save for a house so it had to go, I got a bit more done to it before selling but everything was so expensive!
I now have an E36 328 which I love.

Pics:

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
This is copied from another forum so may read a bit weirdly at first!

After selling my E46 M3 just over a week ago now I was on the hunt for a tidy E36 328.
A few cars popped up that I liked and I was pretty set on one car but the seller dropped out.
So the next night I went and viewed this one and left a deposit.

It's on just under 108k, light grey leather in Techno Violet.
I think the owner before the person ~I got it from is on here.

The car already has HSD coilovers, M50 manifold, big bore throttle body, Dave F induction kit and a remap.
The wheels were recently refurbished and had Michelin PS2's all round.

I've since fitted black front grills and a Milltek cat back exhaust.

I'm also collecting bits to fit amber lights all round.

Future plans are spacers, possibly wheels, a good detail inside and out and to rewire all of the speakers.

Here's the only pics I have at the moment.

Earlier in the week I managed to re wire all of the speakers, tidy everything up, mount the speakers properly and get them amped.
It took quite a while as the previous attempt was pretty messy, but it's all nice and neat and everything is where it should be, sounds a million times better as well!

I had to take the glove box out to get to the previous wiring, the tweeters were hot glued to the A pillar so I moved them into the doorcards.

Then I ran the speaker cable through the door loom to keep them hidden which took a while!

The RCA's and remote cable were run through the centre console them over the carpet, so I ran the cables under the carpet, what a pain that was!
And an extra set of RCA's so I can put a sub in.
All cables had connectors crimped, soldered and heat shrink put on so it all looks neat and tidy :D

Yesterday I spent the day giving the car a good clean, the paints not particularly good, it's been repainted at some point and the prep work was pretty poor.
It looks like it was sanded with 40 grit and painted straight over!
There's quite a few scratches all around, I managed to make them less noticeable with the polisher but they were too deep to get rid of completely.
The plastics were all grey so I treated them and the engine bay with some Auto Finesse Revive which has worked really well.
Unfortunately I ran out of time before being able to seal the paint but managed to seal the windows with Carbon Collective Platinum Glass.

All in all it looks much better and the Purple has really come out which I was pleased with as it looked a bit dull before.

Over Christmas I got a bit more done to the car.
I fitted my Grip Royal steering wheel.

Got some new exhaust rubbers fitted but the Milltek is still sitting a bit low and not straight, not sure what to do about that.

Gave the car a wash and sealed the paint and glass with Carbon Collective Platinum paint and glass.

Fitted amber lights all round.
And spaced the wheels by 20mm front and back.

I picked up a set of Throwing stars last week, they were in decent condition but needed a freshen up so me and a mate sanded back the wheels and resprayed them Titanium Silver.
We left the stars as they were and they will be painted at a later date because I like the colour :)

I got them fitted last night and needed to lower the front about 40mm to close up the arch gap but it still needs to come down a bit more I think.
I'l probably space them 10mm at the front and 5mm at the back.

Pics:

The car is pretty much where I want it now after only owning it three weeks or so.
Future plans will be to fix the passenger window motor, get it sitting right and drive it!

Lost my locking wheel nut key the other night, went to BMW Bishops Stortford and they were very helpful I had a new one for less than a tenner after 5 minutes of being there.

After sorting that out I lowered the front another 10mm, but I still think it needs to come down a bit more.

And that brings us up to date, I've had ti about a month now and I've done most of the bits I wanted to do!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.