My New Platinum Lcr With Pics...700 Mile Trek Successful!!

chris_adair

Feb 4, 2006
My New Platinum Lcr With Pics...700 Mile Trek Successful!! And an APR remap!

Hi all, sorry it took a while for me to puit these pics up.

After driving a mint peugeot 306 d-turbo for few years, I decided to get a decent motor, and my mate recommended a leon cupra r.

My story all started a few weeks ago when I saw the advert in autotrader for a mint platinum LCR:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/advert.jpg

PROBLEM WAS I LIVE IN BELFAST, CAR IS IN PLYMOUTH!!!

After a phone call, I decided for peace of mind on a RAC inspection.
The £160 inpsection including road test, and 100 point engineer check (£125), HPI report (£25) and believe it or not a £10 charge for the engineer to call you straight after the test. (slight rip-off there!!)

The engineer had found a large nail in the front tyre and worn pads. The 'mature lady owner' managed to replace these and give me a new 12 month MOT, even though its not actually due until this week coming (car is late june 04)
Despite this, I was pleased I knocked her down a little to £11,750.
My deposit was off and all now was to arrange a little finance...

Mature lady owner didnt like the idea of me coming from belfast to (basically) lands end with cash, so it ended up a bankers draft was the way to go.

My flight arrived in Bristol at 9.00, and i got the train to Plymouth, arriving at 12.15, with mature lady owner picking me up from station in her 120k mile renault laguna.
'I only use the leon for the odd nice trip out, but i have this laguna and a bike, so its hardly used'
Buying a car and signing over documents at 12.30 at night is hardly ideal, and I didnt like the idea at all of it....BUYING IN THE DARK COULD HAVE COST ME ALOT OF MONEY!!!!!!! :help:

But it was not to be....I couldnt resist but cane the car up her road, and it felt fantasic.
Driving around Plymouth trying to get on the A58 I think, was great car felt so solid.

DRIVING WAS A NIGHTMARE!!! Rain was so bad, aquaplanning was a common feature, and i really was taking it easy. People overtake the artics doing little more than 3mph faster, and all you can see is SPRAY!!!
After a long drive, these were taken around 5AM in the morning (yes, i drove all night)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/DSC00120.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/DSC00121.jpg

I got up to preston at 9.00 that mornong, and had some kip for few hours, before my mate came down to meet me...

It was time for AWESOME GTI and a stage 1 REMAP and DOGBONE MOUNT. Yes, less than 15 hours after I bought it the car was in getting a remap!! Was I insane....no definately not chris

I had decided before I came, not much point in driving up england, and coming back home without a remap because no one in Northern Ireland does a recommended remap, and having read on here, dobones are recommended.

The car was left in at Awesome, guy said only fault codes being the passenger airbag sensor (common), and a warning that some time ago the rear speaker cable was faulty. Hardly urgent!!
After taking the car up the road, it felt soooo much more responsive.
It felt another half turbo was under the bonnet. Amazing performance. :headhurt:

So chuffed is not the word....
some more pics from stranraer....

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/DSC00125.jpg
stranraer 1
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/DSC00126.jpg
stranraer 2
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/DSC00127.jpg
queue 1
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/chris_adair_2007/DSC00128.jpg
queue 2

Hope you enjoyed my story, it werent too long and zzzzzz
HAVING NOW HAD THE CAR OVER A WEEK THE ONLY PROBLEM IS ONE STONECHIP ON THE BONNET, THATS IT!!!Fab order throughout.

Ps.....little R badge on front I put on myself...bought it before I bought the car!! (sad i know)
:funk::funk::funk:

Last edited:

chris_adair

Feb 4, 2006
Awesome story m8! Great example of the things we will do for the right car!

Thanks, next modifications are the BECKER GRAND PRIX BLUETOOTH 7992 MP3 PLAYER, and possibly a LEON R registration plate. (although I dont fancy paying more than £300 really.

Glad you like the story! Was some drive, especially after AWESOME and as you say its dedication to getting the car you want. [B)]

The bill from awesome to include:

STAGE 1 REMAP
DOGBONE MOUNT
LABOUR
VAT
was only £478!!!
I thought it was a bargain!!!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
that does sound quite cheap for a re-map plus dogbone mount, good work there mate. i got a leon plate for mine chris 250 quid including vat. all the LEON plates ending with an r will all be away, folk on here buy all of them, mines has got L30N then my initials, looks the b***ocks , i've just checked the DVLA website for you and L30N CA is available for 250 inc. vat. you know you wanna

chris_adair

Feb 4, 2006
that does sound quite cheap for a re-map plus dogbone mount, good work there mate. i got a leon plate for mine chris 250 quid including vat. all the LEON plates ending with an r will all be away, folk on here buy all of them, mines has got L30N then my initials, looks the b***ocks , i've just checked the DVLA website for you and L30N CA is available for 250 inc. vat. you know you wanna

Ha, thanks for that!! Hadnt seen that one...however iv seen one thats a little more like the Leon R, I dont want to say much more, or by time iv saved for it....
'SORRY SIR, SOME GUY CLAIMING HE WAS FROM LEON CUPRA FORUM BOUGHT THAT ONE LAST WEEK, THANKYOU AGAIN FOR CALLING DVLA'

However, I will keep that in mind :D

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Good work mate - linking the car a lot.

I thought I was quick getting mine remapped within 3 days of buying it, not a few hours!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks good.

It might be the picture, but the front splitter looks like it's not clipped in properly though, you'll find it scrapes even more like that.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
hmmm, sounds good. my only gripe is your claim that plymouth is near enough lands end. i went to uni in plymouth and it has to be a good 100 miles from lands end! ;)

i drove down to plymouth recently and absolutely loved blasting past all the other cars on that massive hill just by exeter. :)

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
Ha, thanks for that!! Hadnt seen that one...however iv seen one thats a little more like the Leon R, I dont want to say much more, or by time iv saved for it....
'SORRY SIR, SOME GUY CLAIMING HE WAS FROM LEON CUPRA FORUM BOUGHT THAT ONE LAST WEEK, THANKYOU AGAIN FOR CALLING DVLA'

However, I will keep that in mind :D

ok shhhh.:doh::whistle::headhurt:

Deleted member 9157

Bugger i was saving for this one.. L30N RR but its now sold:(

Nice story, really like the platinum LCR's ;)

chris_adair

Feb 4, 2006
hmmm, sounds good. my only gripe is your claim that plymouth is near enough lands end. i went to uni in plymouth and it has to be a good 100 miles from lands end! ;)

i drove down to plymouth recently and absolutely loved blasting past all the other cars on that massive hill just by exeter. :)

oooops......was a bit out there...didnt think it was that far from lands end! :shrug:

What you guys think about price I paid for car?
Got it down to £11,750 inc. new pads, and MOT.
It is absolutely mint, with only one stonechip blemish, and FSSH.
I know I bought it private, but I got that RAC inspection for a bit of peace of mind, and I have seen '04 plate Platinum LCRs from dealers with 30k miles for £13k.
Original autotrader advert is on first post (at top) [B)]

Last edited:

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Well done, looks like you got yourself a nice one there and best of all got the No.1 upgrade done immediately ... ;)

Even though now in the 2nd hand market they are well sort after by the sounds of it. Makes me wish I kept mine for the Mrs to use, would have saved me some cash.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.