My New Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDi

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Good Morning all.

Haven't posted in this section before because I have never owned a Leon!... Until now!
I collected it from the garage last night and what a joy to drive it is. There are so many gadgets inside the cabin I was a little confused at first as to what everything does!
So, the car is:
5dr Leon 2.0 Red
18' Wheels
Panoramic Sunroof
Technology Pack
Winter pack
Black Leather
Convenience Pack
Seat Sound System
Navigation System
Safety Pack
Driver Assist Pack.

Will upload pictures shortly.

Collected last night so have not really had all that much time to drive around yet. :ban:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Congrats on the new car, impressive spec list there :) Looking forward to the pics.

Spuddo

Aug 5, 2013
Nice one. I'm interested what you think of the seat Sound System. I love my music and I've also ordered the system off the back of reading a couple of good reviews.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
I have ordered the 150.

The sound system is rather impressive! I quite like it. I had to play around with some of the settings to get the best balance :) The sub for the size is quite impressive and also a bonus that it is stored under the boot inside the tyre so you do not lose any boot space!
I am making a trip to London on Friday so will have a good run in it then :)

Pics to follow.

Amigu

I agree, the Seat sound system is very good. Not as good as high quality aftermarket components though. The sub is impressive indeed. You can't even use the full capacity of the sub, because the interior will resonate at some point. I'm also impressed at the clarity of the sound at high volumes.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Yeah it is very good. I thought the standard speakers in my previous Ibiza FR were cracking too. Yeah the clarity is good in the car sound too. I have not played around with it all that much but I like what I have seen so far! What car is yours?

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
I have the sound upgrade, pleased with it, although I can't say how it compares to the stock 8 speaker setup.

Daniel1431 - Be interested to know what your settings are?

Amigu

Yeah it is very good. I thought the standard speakers in my previous Ibiza FR were cracking too. Yeah the clarity is good in the car sound too. I have not played around with it all that much but I like what I have seen so far! What car is yours?
I drive a 2.0 tdi 184 hp 5d nevada white leon on the 18 inch performance rims.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Nice one! I am wondering where the AUX port is in the new Leon?! I cannot seem to find it anywhere? Andrew what settings are you talking about? The ones for the car's audio?

Amigu

I think you have to get a cable for the MDI interface for that. But why would you want that? If you get an ipod, USB stick or SD card, you can switch to the next song on the steering wheel.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Yeah I was thinking that but it just threw me that it didn't have one as standard. I got two cables for my MDI. I got just a USB out one and an iPhone 4 one but I have a 5.
Plan to take many pictures over the weekend. :)

add017

I to collected my new Leon 150 fr on Wedensday and within 24hrs some dumb ass dented the drivers door with theres. Wasn't chuffed.:cry:

But it does have following options:)
5dr Leon 2.0 met white
18' black Wheels
Panoramic Sunroof
Technology Pack
Winter pack
Black Leather
Convenience Pack
Seat Sound System
Navigation System
Safety Pack
Driver Assist Pack.

add017

yeah and the dent!!!
the leather seems as good as the golfs, i've just come from, overall seems a decent car.

too hot

Sep 29, 2013
Scotchland
I would be really interested to know how you get on with this.what it's like to live with and drive on a day to day basis.i currently own a 2.0Tsi Scirocco that I am considering changing for the 184bhp TDI FR. I like the look of the Leon an particularly with the technology pack. It looks far better value than the equivalent Golfs and hopefully the build quality will be better. The new Volkswagens are disappointing to me!
What sort of mpg are you getting as these seem to be quoting 60+ which is great for the performance !

add017

I went via A roads to Manchester the other day, and managed 51-52 mgp, the engine seems quite capable of mid range overtaking no problems, and then comfortable just cruising in traffic. I was going to go for the 184 but the 150 suits me.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Nice one! I am wondering where the AUX port is in the new Leon?! I cannot seem to find it anywhere? Andrew what settings are you talking about? The ones for the car's audio?

are you referring to were you plug phone in to stream music off your iphone? when I collected my car the sales guy paired up my phone to the media system for me so I can play my iTunes library in the car. mine has 2 cables in the glove box near the cd player that you can plug and charge I phone and other types of phone. think I might have been lucky and this may have been his spare cable

correct me if im wrong which I may well be but you may not need an aux cable for playing music off your phone, can all be done via Bluetooth if you have the tech pack/nav/media unit

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.