My Seat Exeo progress thread........ the ongoing story!

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Cheers for the comments guys ;)

My main concern when I got it home, was would it fit on my drive......

Well, despite it looking wider than the Altea, it fits on the drive nicely and allows me to open the drivers door without hitting the wall on the right.... well, the door is about 10mm from the wall when on the 1st 'click', that's as long as I'm within 3" of the wall on the left...... :thumbup:

Having had the house/drive for the last 4 years, I've perfected the art of reversing up onto the drive (it's also on quite a steep slope!)

Noticed on the way home, that the drivers window didn't work on the one-touch.... spoke to Darryl when I got back, and he said to try resetting it.... will give it a try in the morning ;)

The only other downside is that I need to fill it up in the morning, as the fuel light came on when I got home... not looking forward to filling her up though.... 70L tank, that's going to be a £75 fill-up :eek:

andyj

Still no piccies :( Weather's been pants this weekend!

Will try to remember to take my camera to work with me during the week, just incase the sun comes out ! :lol:

Fill-up this morning wasn't as bad as I expected, only £62 from the red-light coming on to full.... think there's 10L in 'reserve', so only 60L to fill from red-light.

One-touch window is now working after resetting it ;)

Overall ride is very smooth, even with the sports suspension. Not overly crashy or harsh. Not had chance to see what it corners like, but I'm not expecting miracles to be honest, as it's definitely a commuting car rather than a performance one! :lol:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
need some piccies ? piccies ? piccies ?

even if it is just so i can play PS silly buggers with them ;)

andyj

:lol:

Here's a few snaps from my HTC Magic (not a great camera on it!)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Will get some better ones when the weather's a bit sunnier..... June Ok ?!? :lol: ;)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Nice to see some piccies posted up after all that whining.

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the Exeo but there again I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I remember UncleFester's article and his comments saying that it did look much better when you see it in the metal.

You can see the old A4 all over it which can't be a bad thing.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I've been teasing him in msn hence the moaning about pics

just gotta photoshop some Hoooge wheels/arches/spoilers on it now touring car stylee ;) jk

andyj

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the Exeo but there again I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I remember UncleFester's article and his comments saying that it did look much better when you see it in the metal.

I was the same until I went in to the dealer's and saw this one.... pictures just don't do it any justice tbh!

The colour looks so much better in the flesh to. Showroom lights aren't that kind to it either! In daylight it looks stunning, especially with the metallic paint.....

Hopefully I'm going to spend a few hours this weekend claying/polishing/sealing/waxing :thumbup:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
At the end of the day I'm sure you don't give a s**t what anyone else thinks and tbh I wouldn't blame you.

As long as it does the job you want it to do and you honestly 'like' the car then to me that's enough. I must admit I would never go as far to say that I've actually 'loved' a car..... yet.

Would love to see one in the metal to confirm what have already been said about them. I do like grey too as I think they look really good when clean and polished and they hide the dirt well too ;) January's winter road grot is looming. :(

I'm also surprised it hasn't been shopped already and pimped.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Great car Andy. Best colour too!

I drove a 170TDi last Friday and it was a phenomenal conversion. The fleet market should go mad for it as it is every bit an Audi with a SEAT price tag (and a less wooden ride than the original A4).

After having doubts about it in the photos, I was astonished how good it looked in the flesh, and when I parked next to one in the car park I honestly thought I'd parked next to another Audi until I got out and saw the S badge.

For the doubters, I'm a picky fecker and I honestly thought this car was fantastic. Well done SEAT and Andy!

Last edited:

andyj

I reckon it would look so much better with a pair of RS rear arches......

Will get the exhaust trims fitted at the weekend, should smarten up the rear-end, as well as de-badging it.

Spotted some carbon-effect vinyl on DW earlier, wonder what the mirror covers would look like..... hmmm....

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I was desparately trying to remember the number plate so I could post in the spotted section, but there was one the same colour and I swear the same last three letters.

Looked good, though :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members