My Seat Exeo progress thread........ the ongoing story!

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Bit of an update.....

Drove down to Devon yesterday, via Cardiff, and managed to get a very respectable 49.1mpg averaging 75mph on the motorway :thumbup:

The boot is actually alot bigger than the Altea's, as I managed to get everything in the boot without having to dismantle the baby-buggy, which I used to have to do with the Altea.

Another bonus I found yesterday, is that the front passenger's seat has got Isofix :thumbup: This meant that we could put my daughter in the front, as she could then see Em when she sat behind her, which meant that she was alot more chilled out and Em was able to entertain her when she got a bit grouchy ;) (and yes I did turn the passenger's air bag off) :D

The car is a pleasure to drive on a long distance, with no back-ache etc when I eventually got to Devon. I've been playing around with the driving position trying to find the 'best' setup, without smashing my left knee on the centre console every time I press the clutch :lol:

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Hi andy

Been looking into your service.

It looks like they didn't put the car's onto long life until build week 22 and then all car's from that point were put onto long life from factory.

I looked when your car was built and it is a build week 7 car so its before the car's went onto the long life service :(

I have asked service to look if it can be changed but nothing has come back

sorry for the delay

Daryll

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Aaah, so it was you that was responsible for the weather at the weekend was it? Thanks, and try and get down here a bit more often if that's the case!!!

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Very nice.

I have thought on more than one occasion to buy a brand new one of these.
Just fed up now of spending £500+ a month on the Ibiza on parts and fuel.
Could do with that kind of economy aswell!

That economy will rise aswell as the engine settles.

andyj

Spent 3 hours on Saturday morning cleaning the car, consisting of the following:

1. Wash with microfibre mitt (2 bucket method) after initially hosing off the car
2. Clay-bar the car to remove all inbedded particles and tar spots
3. Re-wash to remove all clay residue
4. Apply Harly Wax and buff off
5. Wash and scrub tyres and arch liners, with a 10:1 solution of Tesco's Daisy all-pupose cleaner
6. Clean alloys with Simoniz alloy wheel cleaner
7. Dress tyres and all black trim with Meg's Tech Protect
8. Dress alloys with Poor-boys Wheel Sealant (excellent stuff)
9. Polish all glass (inside and out) with Autoglym Glass Polish
10. Hover and clean inside with a microfibre cloth

Think that's about it.... :lol:

Also debadge the boot and wings, by using dental-floss to remove the badge, and then Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to get rid of the sticky stuff.

Will try and get some pics tomorrow (not had chance today) ;)

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Drove mine down to work for the 1st time today. Have travelled 45 miles and range shows 705 miles to empty. Not bad for stop start m1 traffic.

andyj

Pics as promised....

De-badged rear:

picture.php

De-badged wing:

picture.php

Excuse the crap quality, that's the one thing that's not so good about my HTC Magic phone !!! ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise