My Seat Exeo progress thread........ the ongoing story!

Cbeal

Feb 27, 2005
AndyJ - I like the chrome exhaust. I might get that myself. Was it easy to fit?

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Cheers guys :)

The exhaust trims were a 10min job to fit..... there's 3 allen-key type grub-screws on each one, that you just tighten and adjust until you're happy with the alignment.

I keep menaing to re-do mine, as you can see the original steel exhaust tails inside the chrome trims. Just a case of tweaking until their aligned right.

Next job on my list, once I've saved the £££ is to apply a light tint Lamin-X to the front and rear lights, and the side repeaters, just to darken them down slightly against the colour of the paintwork.

Also want to fit the honey-comb front grille, that sits behind the standard centre grille. At present it looks a bit odd, as there's big gaps between the slats of the grille, and you can see straight behind to the massive void in front of the radiator! Not bad, it's only £25 from David @ Sere Motors ;)

Then there's the RS4 rear ARB..... £75 delivered from a dealer on ASN. Although I'm not sure how the dealer will view it.... i.e. will it void the warranty on the rear-suspension?

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Cheers guys :)

light tint Lamin-X to the front and rear lights, and the side repeaters,

Also want to fit the honey-comb front grille

Then there's the RS4 rear ARB..... £75 delivered from a dealer on ASN.

Definitely going in the right direction Andy :)

That rear ARB will make a nice improvement if its effect is anything as good as on the Leon. £75 is a very good price compared to Nuespeed.

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
Do you have the part no for the exhaust trim? It looks to be a good fit

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Can't see how a VAG product like the RS4 ARB can void your warranty.

TBH, given most dealers part recognition capabilities I doubt they will even notice, and if the do, it has a VAG stamp on it so it will make it a difficult argue.

Car is looking good debadged. Lamin-X will sharpen it some more.

I must be one of a minority who still prefers your shape of A4 / Exeo to the new one which to me looks.... well a bit...odd. Went to see the new S4 and just didn't warm to it at all (beyond the interior). Exeo is a great car.

andyj

I'm hoping that SEAT follow through with the rumours, and bring out a 4wd S4 equivalent Cupra / R Exeo ;)

See you're point about the part being genuine VAG, and the dealer probably not noticing, apart from the fact that the Sales guys uses this forum.... :lol: ;)

Conzy, I'll see if I can find the paperwork I got with the exhaust trims, and find the part number for you. Don't think I kept it though. They're basically Audi A3 2.0 TDi exhaust trims, so just have a look on ebay for them..... will have a look later if I get chance ;)

andyj

Having owned my Exeo since October last year, I've just hit the 10k mark!

Bang on target for my expect 15k/year annual mileage.

Had my 10k service today, which came in at a respectible £93

Only other thing that I'm going to need to look at paying out for in the next month or two, is a new set of front tyres. They're both down to about 3mm according to the service report today. Which means I've done 10k on 5mm of rubber, i.e. 2k/mm, meaning I can get another 2k out of these before replacing them. I'm not going to run them as low as the legal 1.6mm as it's just not worth it. Have priced up some Avon ZZ3's at £75 per tyre (+ fitting). I has the ZZ3's on my LCR and got approx 12k out of the fronts, and they were an excellent tyre, so I'm more than happy to fit them to the Exeo.

Current MPG is coming in at about 54mpg on a long run, and about 48mpg on the daily commute.

The only 'issue' that I've got with the car, is the 'grinding' when on full-lock. Had the car in to the local dealership a coupe of months ago, and they confirmed that they can hear the noise, but don't know what's causing it. They've submitted a report to Seat UK, and I'm hoping to hear back from them this week, as the guy who's been dealing with it has been on holiday recently.

Tony T 1985

really like these - never seen the inside of one before - the dash isn't the same as the a4 saloon - it's the same as the a4 cab - the saloon has 2 rectangle vents rather than the 3 circular ones

looks really good and i can't wait to see it with the lamin-x on as well

Tony

andyj

Yeah I know the dash is from the A4 Cab ;) much nicer than the saloon!

Haven't got round to ordering the grille, lamin-x or anything else for that matter!! :lol: Been far too busy with work and stuff at home the last few months.

Going to get cracking this month, as I get paid tomorrow ;) :D

andyj

Update time ;)

I've now hit 18.5k miles in the last 12.5months of ownership, a bit more than the 15k I was anticipating! This is mainly due to traveling down to Devon a bit more often than usual, and also a 1,200mile round trip to France!

The new tyres seem to be performing better than expected. I opted for the Bridgestone Potenza's over a new set of Pirelli Pzero's, as they're supposed to give better wear rates. Not bad for £100 each fitted.

MPG seems to have settled at a combined 48mpg, whilst getting 54mpg on a long motorway run (cruise set at 80mph).

Still got the 'grinding' issue on full right-hand lock, which the local Seat garage cannot seem to diagnose/fault-find. They have told me that they have logged it (again) with Seat UK, and will contact me as soon as they get any feedback from them. Tempted to drop it in to the dealer near home, and see what they can find.

Other than that, I'm really please with my first year of ownership :thumbup:

The 1,200mile round trip to France was a breeze, really easy driving, and I managed the entire trip on less than 2 tanks for diesel. The 70L fuel tank helps with that though !!!! Mind you, filled it up this morning with 65L, and it cost me £76 !!! :shock:

No other mods to report either..... still no grille etc! ;) Might treat myself to an early Christmas pressie or two...... :whistle:

tja198a

Feb 27, 2011
andover, hampshire
hi andy ive looked on ebay for the A3 tips and there about £50 a pair i found these do you think these would still look as good?
(cant post links) ebay item number: 300511728127

andyj

The only thing I'd watch out for, is that they are 'chrome plated'. It all depends on the quality and thickness of the plating. If it's cheap/thin, then the steel underneath will start to rust though quite quickly.

The genuine Audi parts I fitted are really good quality plating, and no signs of rusting in the last 12months since fitting them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.