my very first mod

nickyg

just purchased my very fist mod off ebay(badgeless front grill) cant wait to get it on the car:clap: ,i think it'll look the dogs dangely bits, is this a move in the right direction(all be it a small one)cosmetics wise, whats the general veiw on this small mod,cheers,nick.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Nice one, you are now on the slippery slope to skintness....:lol:
there is soooooo much you can do...
dont worry too much about what other peeps think....if your happy with your mods, do em.......
unless of course you gooooo way over thop max power stylie, then i would expect some ribbing!
:p

nickyg

cheers folks,not planning on going all maxpower,thinking about lowering (around 40mm)some nice 18's and a twin exit backbox,maybe a subtle body kit next year and then if the cash is there start looking at some tuning options,but as you say empty wallet here i come,nick.
p.s the car looks sweet sam20v, and just noticed its on 17's may go that route myself with the lowering(less money than 18's so more fore other mods)

Last edited by a moderator:

nickyg

will do mate, just waiting for some deacent weather so i can get it done because theres a few other bits im gona do at the same time(debadge, red calipers, seat mud flaps)so ill post the pics asap.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Toledoflip.jpg

TFormers007.jpg

I have red calipers....just adds a little something i think....BUT NO NO to putting Brembo Decals on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mine need doing again....but chipped and dirty and one is looking a little Pink!!!!! WTF!!!!!:wtf:

nickyg

looking at your to cars(garyc & sam20v) a 40mm lower is definatly on the list of things to do, only problem is i'm getting wed at the end of september this year so i have to hold the rains in until thats all over and done with,but i'll keep you all posted as and when things get done,nick.
p.s the cars look great by the way.

nickyg

garyc, would you mind telling me what it cost to get your springs fitted so i can work out a total rough cost to get mine done,cheers,nick.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
nickyg said:
looking at your to cars(garyc & sam20v) a 40mm lower is definatly on the list of things to do, only problem is i'm getting wed at the end of september this year so i have to hold the rains in until thats all over and done with,but i'll keep you all posted as and when things get done,nick.
p.s the cars look great by the way.

congrats on wedding in Sept dude....
just wait........after that relax those reins and let the horses run!!!
the Tolly has soooooo much potential!!!!;)

Mar 5, 2006
scottieland
yeah me too, all the best there.
and thanks for the complement on the tolly.
I saw sam's car and new i had to drop 40mm there and then.

the handling is fantastic, definatley makes you want to corner faster...:p

Oops nearly forgot,, the jamex springs were £59 for 4 and they were fitted by freeflow at a very good £80. or i thought it was good..

got spring from a shop on ebay, if you want the link, let me know

Last edited:

nickyg

thanks for the congrats peeps,and thats not nearly what i thought it would cost unless you got a super bargin, i was thinking around the £250 mark looks like i'll be getting dropped sooner than i thought,peace out,nickyg.

nickyg

not yet mate,i'll try and get some up this weekend,dont hold me to that though it may get mid week.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members