MY18 Options Removed From Ordering...

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Following on from the recent announcement of MY19 & Easy Offer SEAT have now confirmed that all current factory options that will no longer be available on MY19 are to be removed from ordering on 3rd July.

Basically, if you are about to order any car with Beats Audio/SEAT Sound, or an Ibiza FR with 18" alloy wheels, or a CUPRA with a rear camera, or any number of option combinations that are being dropped, you need to do it with enough time to allow your retailer to get the order in the system by 6pm on Tuesday...

...you have been warned! :yes:

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Was any advice given or the question raised on the difference in Lead times between a MY19 and a MY18 convert factory order?

Would it be sensible to assume that a MY18 with added options converted to a MY19 is going to generate a much longer lead time than a standard MY19(inc option pack(s)) due to added testing?

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
MY18 lead times are as has already been announced. Calling them MY19 with options or whatever won't add to that.

Once only MY19 are being built lead times will reduce across the board, as less option combinations and a less complicated range means more cars can be built for stock rather than everything being a bespoke customer order.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
MY18 lead times are as has already been announced. Calling them MY19 with options or whatever won't add to that.

Once only MY19 are being built lead times will reduce across the board, as less option combinations and a less complicated range means more cars can be built for stock rather than everything being a bespoke customer order.

Just to confirm then..

My order was placed in cw21 and not accepted until cw24.

The lead times for cw24 were 24-26 weeks for my order bringing me to around December time.

So we can safely assume the dates advertised include the WLTP testing of the car with the added options that are not included in the MY option packs?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tiki-Taka

Jun 25, 2018
Hi, great information, thank you for sharing.

Have SEAT UK issued a new price list yet? Are they quite speedy in doing this normally? I wonder how quickly the configurator on the website gets updated.

Also, I spotted that there was a SEL trim for the Ateca which the uk hasn’t had before? Looks almost as good as Xcellence!

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Have SEAT UK issued a new price list yet?
Not yet. They are still waiting for the new CO2 figures so they know what the first year VED rates will be. There is an internal price list, but I only post stuff that is meant for customers to see.

Are they quite speedy in doing this normally?
Not usually

I wonder how quickly the configurator on the website gets updated.
Your guess is as good as mine...

Also, I spotted that there was a SEL trim for the Ateca which the uk hasn’t had before? Looks almost as good as Xcellence!
Almost, yes

Tiki-Taka

Jun 25, 2018
Thanks, yes the CO2 not being confirmed will probably mean it will be a while before the website gets updated with specs and prices.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Scrogg, if a customer came to your dealership and asked for a rear camera to be installed is this something you could do, obviously i would take the car to my local dealer, i just wanted to gather your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.