Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

Discussion in 'SEAT brand general discussion' started by Scrogg, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83 Active Member

I added it as a nice to have because I could but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if I had to sacrifice it, but the upgraded sound system is a must based on my experience with the standard sound system.

The idea of waiting on the MK4 is a non starter because of this whole CUPRA branding and price rises. I don't imagine I'll see a deal as good as the one I got for an MK4. They're not even doing them on the MK3 anymore.

Excited to see what they have done with the interior and the infotainment system on the MK4 though. The MK3's is looking very dated in comparison to the rest of the groups.

Cheers for all the info on this topic mate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Lloydy44

Lloydy44 Active Member

Would this be the same with a space saver wheel as always like to have one and I see MY19 you have to pay for it whereby it was standard on MY18?

3. Matt-taylor

Matt-taylor Active Member

I believe that to be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lloydy44 likes this.
  4. Scrogg

Scrogg Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...

No, it doesn't.

The 1.5 delivers the same power and torque, but improved fuel economy, so unlike CUPRA buyers you are getting more than you ordered, not less.

seaotter388 and IrnBru like this.
  5. dsj20v

dsj20v Active Member

Hi Scrogg
    I work for SEAT main dealer and today been told by fleet manager 300 now become available as opposed back to a 290, any news on this, cheers

6. Scrogg

Seriously???

SEAT Hub bulletin SE0530-18 published on 15th June tells you everything that has been announced so far about MY19, but to summarise:

MY19 CUPRA 5dr 2.0 TSI DSG-auto is 290PS
    MY19 CUPRA ST 2.0 TSI DSG-auto 4Drive is 300PS

If SEAT have told your Fleet manager anything that contradicts this he must be really special, as they haven't felt the need to tell anyone else...

7. dsj20v

dsj20v Active Member

Think they may have got confused with ST then, as that's what I have through work, cheers for confirming

8. Curtly

Curtly Active Member

Seems they've removed the adaptive cruise option from the Ibiza? Unless the "easy safe" has it on the xcellence model?
    Thanks for this Scrogg, you're truly a gold mine for model information atm.

9. Lmbarrett83

Well as it turns out we were all warned last year

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/159872/new-emissions-rules-will-change-how-options-are-sold

It mentions SEAT specifically and hints at their intention to sell options via option packs.

Highlights

“Makers will have to generate a CO2 emissions value and weight figure for each vehicle they offer to the customer – for each variant. In order to reduce complexity, they’ll bundle packages and offer consumers only limited choice.”

Then it goes on to say.

"SEAT is one carmaker that offers lots of options and told Carbuyer it would sell options “slightly differently” in the future, starting with the new SEAT Arona SUV. One potential route could be selling more option packs, or ensuring new models are sold ‘fully loaded’ with kit – reducing reliance on the options list."

#49 Lmbarrett83, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  10. Lmbarrett83

It's about time I got over this now but according to the UK configurator for the CUPRA there are

2 suggested options
    Seat sound
    Safety pack

and 3 popular options.
    Sunroof
    Seat sound
    Camera

Now they've dropped two of the CUPRA's popular options if the website is to be believed.

Just shows the sheer scale in which they've had to consider options. I.e camera pack and SEAT sound across the entire range.

Wondering how this will affect them going forward.

:)

11. Scrogg

I can't say I'm surprised. Generally-speaking adaptive cruise control is used by people that do a lot of miles a year of mainly Motorway driving, and generally-speaking they don't tend to do that in small hatchbacks.

Easy Pack SAFE (stupid name) is just the old Driver's Pack, which was standard cruise control and tiredness recognition.

The stupid thing is I don't know anything that every other retailer in the country hasn't also been told, I just choose to read it, learn it and share it.

IrnBru and Maxloafer like this.
  12. Lmbarrett83

To be honest mate, I've been calling around a lot of retailers to get info, just to confirm that what my local retailer was true (this started with the digital cockpit last year)

The ones I've spoken to seem to act as though SEAT doesn't provide the information. This extends to customer services and fleet i.e SEAT finance (who originally contacted me to setup my new lease over the phone last summer)

What you are showing me is that the information is available but the staff have to choose to take an interest and read it for themselves and ask questions for the benefit of their customers.

You've been a god send to this forum mate.

heliophile likes this.
  13. seaotter388

seaotter388 Active Member

Thank you for replying to my question Scrogg.

A few weeks ago I wasn't really bothered either way whether I got the 1.4 or 1.5 as like you say above it has same power etc and better fuel economy. But after recently doing some reading on another forum I saw T-Roc owners who have the 1.5 engine complain of an issue when pulling off, they say the car does a "kangaroo" when pulling off. Someone also said that this has been noticed on the 1.5 Skoda Karoq. I also read on the honestjohn website about the 1.5 T-Roc "kangaroo" problem and noticed it mentions there have been reports that the 1.5 Golf and Ibiza have same problem. So I've been a bit put off the 1.5 now :shrug:.

#53 seaotter388, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    daniel_ley likes this.
  14. steedy27

steedy27 Active Member

Scrogg

Do you know if the 130ps engine in the Leon will have cylinder deactivation or not (like the current 125ps engine)?.

Thanks

15. Scrogg

I don't, sorry.

Until the document I have posted in this thread was published 10 days ago I didn't even know the 1.5 TSI 130 even existed.

My guess is it won't, but I'll have to wait until the technical information is released to know for certain.

16. seatgraham

seatgraham Active Member

The pdf you posted says:
    *CUPRA engine 2.0 TDI 300 4Drive DSG for Leon ST

TDI Cupra anyone?? :cheeky:

17. Scrogg

Did you dedicate much of your day to trying to find errors?

Maxloafer likes this.
  18. seatgraham

seatgraham Active Member

Never have to look far with SEAT communications.

I'm interested in a 300 ST 4drive so I would focus on any changes in CUPRA or ST models....

19. CaptainScrumpy

CaptainScrumpy Active Member

If the 150ps 1.5 TSI has cylinder deactivation and the 130ps bluemotion variant has cylinder deactivation then I would assume this does too.

20. farrar

farrar Full Member

Probably drivers with poor clutch control or not using sufficient gas, I've been driving my 1.5 TSI since March and not had a problem.

'& Son' managed likes this.