MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

Maha

Jul 29, 2018
No worries. The only thing my dealer could say a few weeks back, was that the Pirineos Grey that I ordered was changed to Magnetic Tech. Do you know if that is the same as the Magnetic Grey you mentioned?

I’ve seen a few videos of the Magnetic Tech color and I think it looks blue.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
The only thing my dealer could say a few weeks back, was that the Pirineos Grey that I ordered was changed to Magnetic Tech. Do you know if that is the same as the Magnetic Grey you mentioned?
Perhaps the Danish market is not getting the same changes as the UK?

Looking at the configurator on SEAT.dk Pirineos Grey is the same as our Monsoon Grey, so Magnetic Tech and our Magnetic Grey must also be the same.

I have not seen it yet but SEAT UK have described it as 'virtually identical'.

AlexOS

Scrogg, do you know the difference in spec between the standard Cupra ST, the Lux and the Carbon ?

I have a standard one on order at the moment. I ordered on 28th Feb and have no build dat as yet, so I am considering upgrading to one of the newer models. I know this will mean cancelling and reordering, but it may be worth it..

Thanks

Maha

Jul 29, 2018
Perhaps the Danish market is not getting the same changes as the UK?

Looking at the configurator on SEAT.dk Pirineos Grey is the same as our Monsoon Grey, so Magnetic Tech and our Magnetic Grey must also be the same.

I have not seen it yet but SEAT UK have described it as 'virtually identical'.

No I don’t think the changes are the same. For my18 in DK, the FR trim doesn’t come with Full LED, Sat nav, 8” infotainment or digital cockpit as standard, that you have to buy separate or in a package called the FR-package.

My dealer send me a picture of the color samples of Pirineos Grey and Magnetic Tech and they look pretty identical to me too.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...do you know the difference in spec between the standard Cupra ST, the Lux and the Carbon?
Differences between MY19 CUPRA and MY19 CUPRA Lux are in the pdf attached to the first post of this thread.

Carbon Edition details are posted here.

Ordering for the MY19 versions doesn't open until November, so if you do cancel you will have to wait about 3 months to re-order.

AlexOS

Differences between MY19 CUPRA and MY19 CUPRA Lux are in the pdf attached to the first post of this thread.

Carbon Edition details are posted here.

Ordering for the MY19 versions doesn't open until November, so if you do cancel you will have to wait about 3 months to re-order.
Ok... think in that case, maybe the lux is the way to go (if I can get it added onto my current order), if not, stick with it as is..... do you have any idea when they are estimating build to restart on these?

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Ok... think in that case, maybe the lux is the way to go (if I can get it added onto my current order), if not, stick with it as is..... do you have any idea when they are estimating build to restart on these?

They resume between BW42-BW44

sop

Mar 3, 2017
Maha regarding your 1.4 tsi ordered in danemark i think it will be for shure changed to 1.5 tsi.
In romania i am in the same situation and dealer confirmed that i will get 1.5tsi on my excellence ordered in june.
Also dealer said that he will know for shure all the information we need in september. Until then only the engine change he can confirm.

Maha

Jul 29, 2018
Maha regarding your 1.4 tsi ordered in danemark i think it will be for shure changed to 1.5 tsi.
In romania i am in the same situation and dealer confirmed that i will get 1.5tsi on my excellence ordered in june.
Also dealer said that he will know for shure all the information we need in september. Until then only the engine change he can confirm.

Yes. I think I’ll get the 1.5 tsi, my dealer also talked about it, but couldn’t confirm it last time I talked to him. My car is set for unconfirmed production week 36 (first week in September), so I hope he know the changes before then ..

sop

Mar 3, 2017
Scrogg can you tell us if ateca will have changes in dsg boxes?
Until now front wheel and 1.4 tsi was a dry dq200.
Introducing 1.5 tsi dsg will remain the same?
Also 1.8tsi fwd had also dq200 dry clutch. Will 2.0tsi have the same dsg box?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...can you tell us if ateca will have changes in dsg boxes?
No idea, sorry. My technical knowledge is rubbish, so I'll have to wait for SEAT to publish the technical data in late September/early October.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
So Seat UK have just confirmed to me that my MY18 ordered Cupra, now being built week 38 as MY19, has winter pack as standard along with seat sound. I paid extra for winter pack but didn’t order seat sound. I can’t confirm for sure that all non-lux MY19’s Cupras will have winter pack and seat sound as standard, but it seems that way. Oddly, even though with Seat Sound you got the spare wheel, all MY19’s have none...go figure.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
So Seat UK have just confirmed to me that my MY18 ordered Cupra, now being built week 38 as MY19, has winter pack as standard...
No it doesn't. It has winter pack because you paid for it.

People that didn't pay for it won't be getting it as it is not standard.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So Seat UK have just confirmed to me that my MY18 ordered Cupra, now being built week 38 as MY19, has winter pack as standard along with seat sound. I paid extra for winter pack but didn’t order seat sound. I can’t confirm for sure that all non-lux MY19’s Cupras will have winter pack and seat sound as standard, but it seems that way. Oddly, even though with Seat Sound you got the spare wheel, all MY19’s have none...go figure.

I just got off the phone with an agent who stated that my MY18 will have a confirmed build next week as MY19.

I paid extra for the winter pack and SEAT sound.
He said that the standard spec had not changed for MY19 (apart from the engine map)

Very inconsistent advice...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
No it doesn't. It has winter pack because you paid for it.

People that didn't pay for it won't be getting it as it is not standard.

That’s very odd as not what the Manager at Seat UK just to me. She said winter pack is standard for MY19 as is Seat Sound. I’m just telling you what I was told Scrogg

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I just got off the phone with an agent who stated that my MY18 will have a confirmed build next week as MY19.
cw39/cw40 production confirms this week/next, so that seems reasonable when cw38 cars are already confirmed.

I paid extra for the winter pack and SEAT sound.
Then you will still be getting both.

He said that the standard spec had not changed for MY19 (apart from the engine map)

Very inconsistent advice...
Is he wrong?

As I see it (and I'll wager I've spent more time analysing the changes than most) the only difference between standard MY18 CUPRA specification and standard MY19 CUPRA specification (other than BHP/PS) is metallic paint is no longer a cost option.

It's worth bearing in mind that the only official information released by SEAT UK is what I posted in this thread about six weeks ago. Since then we have had a lot of heresay and misinterpretation from individuals, but the official information has remained consistent...

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
cw39/cw40 production confirms this week/next, so that seems reasonable when cw38 cars are already confirmed.

Is he wrong?

As I see it (and I'll wager I've spent more time analysing the changes than most) the only difference between standard MY18 CUPRA specification and standard MY19 CUPRA specification (other than BHP/PS) is metallic paint is no longer a cost option.

It's worth bearing in mind that the only official information released by SEAT UK is what I posted in this thread about six weeks ago. Since then we have had a lot of heresay and misinterpretation from individuals, but the official information has remained consistent...

So why when checking my exact confirmed build spec did Seat UK just tell me my car is being built with Seat Sound?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Thanks for this.

Yes the agent was able to confirm my spec over the phone.

Is he wrong?
In this case I believed the agent as it was consistent with the brochure you originally posted

I wasn't disputing that I just wanted to ensure that others didn't just take the other post about the standard spec including those extras as a dead cert as I was given different info from SEAT - hence the inconsistency

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.