MY19 Seat Leon Cupra 290

Adam Khan

Dec 16, 2018
I’ve taken delivery of my new Cupra 290 Lux last week and I’ve been driving it quite abit but I cannot help but to notice the bad fuel economy I’m receiving from it, when I’m driving in comfort getting around town I’m averaging 16mpg and on motorways I’m averaging around 21mpg, has anyone else got this issue? The only thing i can think as to why this is happening is because i haven’t done over 1,000 miles in my car yet?

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
I’ve taken delivery of my new Cupra 290 Lux last week and I’ve been driving it quite abit but I cannot help but to notice the bad fuel economy I’m receiving from it, when I’m driving in comfort getting around town I’m averaging 16mpg and on motorways I’m averaging around 21mpg, has anyone else got this issue? The only thing i can think as to why this is happening is because i haven’t done over 1,000 miles in my car yet?

My 300 was the same, lad it will improve. I noticed improvement in mpg when I hit around 2k - 3k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West

Yeah mine is the same I’m averaging 20mpg driving like mrs daisy

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm averaging mid 30's on a 25 mile drive to work, 20 miles of that is sitting at 70-75 on cruise control. It loves motorways especially if you keep the speed steady, even better if your happy using cruise control.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-11 at 10.17.03.jpeg

My current record on my commute home...

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Is this on a motorway run or city?
23 mile commute 19 of it on the motorway. Cruise control between 70-75mph. If you have the average mpg display set at "From start" instead of instant or long term it averages the whole day I.e in both directions

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
This is also using tesco 99 momentum fuel aswell, probably makes no difference but under the cap recommends super unleaded.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
If you have the average mpg display set at "From start" instead of instant or long term it averages the whole day I.e in both directions
Only if the ignition is off for less than two hours. After that, it will reset itself (unless the latest cars are different).

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Only if the ignition is off for less than two hours. After that, it will reset itself (unless the latest cars are different).
I have a feeling its different, I know what you say is right as my previous fr only kept the average if it was under 2 hours.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I hit 38mpg again sitting in comfort on the motorway commute again this afternoon, totally ruined it when I put it into cupra mode at the end lol.

Reactions: Mystery290

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Do you have to select eco mode every time you start the engine? It’s seems to remain in individual mode but eco doesn’t seem to work unless you select individual mode again.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Do you have to select eco mode every time you start the engine? It’s seems to remain in individual mode but eco doesn’t seem to work unless you select individual mode again.

Hey bud not sure who this is meant for but I just keep mine in comfort.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.