Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

MY20 Cupra 290 Lux (Desire Red)

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by The Daily Meme, Oct 30, 2019.

1. The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme MY20 Cupra 290 Lux

Cupra 290 Lux
    After seeing others list the kind of improvemenst etc they paln to do or have done to their car, I felt I should create my own build thread. So here it is, most of the stuff is modifications I plan to do, open to suggestions. The idea is to add subtle changes to the car whilst keeping it as much stock looking as possible. I like to get rid of as much of that textured plastic that is on the bumper and diffuser as i think that looks cheap and nasty.

Completed Mods
    • Hard wired dashcam
    Planned Mods
    • Converting the Air Design Splitter for the prefacelift Leon and fitting it to this facelift Cupra
    • A gloss black diffuser, open to suggestions
    • Stage 1 remap
    • Res Delete
    • Swap Conti's for PS4S
    • Will look in to a detatchable tow bar for my bike rack.
    • Cupra R style fog intakes

The story so far...
    My first car was a Peugeot 106 which I wrote off within 6 months of passing my driving test. It wasn't a bad crash, just the guy's fence I knocked over was worth more than the car. I then had a 2003 polo for 4 years which started to fall to bits in 2016/17. I bought my first SEAT in August 2017 and loved it. Haven't found another car since then that i enjoy driving as much as this. I had that car for 2 years and it was time for an upgrade.

So here it is:
    [​IMG]

Yeah... it doesn't exist yet

I ordered the car at the end of September, at the time the car wasn't available in Desire Red, however that changed and I amended my order to get the car in the best colour. As it stands, the car is due for delivery Jan/Feb so hopefully this space will be filled in the new year!

#1 The Daily Meme, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. Damo H

Damo H That Carbon sknob down the street ;)

Genuinely lol'd at the first picture :D

paddy6789 and The Daily Meme like this.
  3. Kibby

Kibby Active Member

Have to say you have a lovely driveway

The Daily Meme likes this.
  4. The Daily Meme

I've ordered a pair of Cupra R /R ST intakes. I plan to have the copper section on these resprayed desire red to match the body of the car.. As these are being prioritised onto new cars, I doubt they will turn up any time soon. Will be interesting to see what turns up first, the car or the intakes. :think:

Attached Files:

#4 The Daily Meme, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  5. paddy6789

paddy6789 Mk3 Cupra R

May have laughed too much at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. paddy6789

paddy6789 Mk3 Cupra R

In all honesty, I think they’d look a bit meaner if they were all black. Even on my R, I keep looking at them and think I should get them wrapped or sprayed in gloss black.

Maybe someone with photoshop skills could look at providing some samples of red vs black intakes on the red car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Daily Meme

I dable with photoshop, depending on what time I get in this evening, I might try and mock something up, see what it looks like.

The intake actually comes in three parts when ordered. The copper bit as actually attached to the gloss black bit. Might be glued, but you could try taking those bits off to see what it looks like if it were all black.

Attached Files:

8. Damo H

He was hinting at me doing a Photoshop for him, along with the last few hundred haha

No need for photoshop on mine though, black is too much...

upload_2019-10-30_16-15-34.png

The Daily Meme likes this.
  9. Damo H

...but maybe not to much on an already black R...

upload_2019-10-30_16-23-39.png

...anyway highjacking a thread here haha

10. The Daily Meme

Those look more like satin or matte black, which might be okay. I think if they were gloss black like @Damo H then it would look too much. ITs not hijacking as such... I started the thread to document the mods i make to the car when it arrives. As well as being pen to any suggestions people make about potential mods.

I haven't yet looked into the variety of coding mods using OBD11 or Carista. USed Carista on my 14 plate Leon and the options weren't that extensive.

11. The Daily Meme

For those of you that are interested, the car has now been assigned a build week of 7th December with a possibility of being brought foward even further. Potential for the best Christmas present to myself ever. :santa:

Damo H likes this.
  12. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+

Happy days! Who cares about Christmas for everyone else you'll be out driving haha

Damo H likes this.
  13. The Daily Meme

So for my first mod, which depends on whether those R intakes turns up in the new year or not, I plan to fit a splitter that was previously designed for the pre facelift car. For this i need to establish whether the bumper, both pre and post facelift, have similar dimensions at the bottom front of the bumper. As you will see in the pictures below, the splitter that is added to the acelift model has been modified to take into account the change in shape from the fog light surrounds. This should be no problem for the bodyshop I use, but... if the splitter doesnt allign with the facelift bumper it might cause issues.

If anyone could shed some light on the bumper shapes that would be most helpful. WHilst the Wayne at the bodyshop has godlike hands when it comes to bodywork, this is a PCP car so I will need to be able to restore that car if I decide to return it.

This is the splitter fitted to the pre facelift car:
    [​IMG]

THis is the splitter on the facelift model:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the splitter is not as tall on the wheel arches, easy enough to saw a bit off, however, I wan to make sure it is defintely got a good chance of needing minimal work before i order it.

Its a pretty unique splitter that I have only seen on one car so far, would be nice to hace something different to everyone else.

14. BonesLeon170

BonesLeon170 Active Member

15. BonesLeon170

BonesLeon170 Active Member

Hey, I’ve ordered the very same car and mines not built until February, I’ve opted to wait until the new registration in March tho. Anyway..... when it does come, I’m also looking to do a few cosmetic mods, so will be looking for ideas from this and other threads.

I’ll create my own thread once she arrives, and we will see how she evolves.