1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

MY69 Seat cupra issues

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Tazz, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Tazz

Tazz Active Member

Really? Where would it be best to get it done then?

2. Marko70

Marko70 Active Member

the main noise on these cars is rear arches, I have sound deadened all the floors and inner boot panels with Silentcoat deadening and also closed cell foam and still noisy over arches.. when the weather picks up I'm removing the arch linings and treating them too. I don't think the rear doors are sealed to great either. apart from that it's quiet now!

3. Rowan83

Rowan83 Active Member

I hear the noise of stones in the wheel arch aswell. The tyre noise isn't too bad but on rough road surfaces it can be very loud.

One of the most annoying things about this car (and my wife agrees).... when it's been raining or even dew on the car... open any of the doors and pi$$ loads of water drips down inside the car. It's got that bad that I keep one of my drying towels inside the car. Never had it that bad on a car before!

4. zondaff

zondaff Active Member

It’s the stickier rubber picking up the grit. Your 1 series probably has bald tires all jokes aside, that’s the reason why. It’s throwing it against plastic arch covers.

5. LevoForest

LevoForest Active Member

I don't know tbh I have seen someone say that they had a few garages turn them down due to the ACC

6. Tazz

Tazz Active Member

I agree. The road noise isn’t too bad until rough roads, the stones hitting the arch is really annoying me now though.

I have realised the rain pouring in after opening the door. Goes all over the inside door handles etc. Very annoying

#26 Tazz, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  7. Tazz

Tazz Active Member

I had brand new tyres all round on my beemer. Decent yokahama ones. Never had issue with noise from grit hitting the arch. Obviously not as performance based as the continentals that come on the cupra.

8. GordonMcC

GordonMcC Active Member

my steering wheels has never been straight either and the same goes for my wifes Q3. i think they possibly are straight but the lines of the dashboard arent. maybe an illusion