Mysterious Seat Altea starting problem at all times. HELP ME.

Mar 5, 2019
Hello, i'm new to this forum. Just signed up becouse i dont have any other ideas what to do, so maybe you guys could help me to figure this thing out.

I have Seat Altea 2.0tdi dsg 2005. After market radio.

So i got the car more than a half year ago, there was a problem with car starting. When you turn on the key to the ignition possition, not always engine and glow plug lights comes up, and when it doesnt car cranks but doesnt fire up. I need to spin few times key on / off ignition like 5 times and engine light with glow plug light comes up and it starts perfectly. Car never shuts down when engine running.
So in the begining it wasnt a big problem, but later it became more and more harder to start the car. When outside is cold or raining or wet the car likes more and its more easy to get those lights on but when its hot its like impossible, there was a time when i needed 20min to spin the key ignition on/off until i got those lights (was a sunny day, after work, 8h standing in parking place). But the worst thing is to start after driving, i cant shut down car when filling gas, shop and so on. So thats the story.

When ignition is on without glow plug light and engine light. The gears indicator is blinking, and after 10seconds, fan comes up to blow with full speed.

What do i tryed to do.
First i found 1 relay in engine fuse box, the relay was with broken case, somebody tryed to open. So i bought new one and it didnt solve the problem.
Then i have changed ignition switch, under the steering wheel.
Then i checked ecu box, all grounds what was around, there was a lot of mud, leafs.. So i cleaned everything. Maybe ecu got water and i have this problem?
Then i went to a couple dealer places, they just scratched heads and told me that i can leave the car, they will check..

DIAGNOSTIC STUFF
Gateway faults:
VIN Car type Reg. Plate no. Customer ECU No Name Coding Software --- 1K0907530E Gateway H09 10 0000000 0110 Errors found 1305(0x0519):64 Databus Infotainment No signal/communication Lamp OFF 463(0x01CF):64 Digital Sound System Control Module No signal/communication Lamp OFF 1300(0x0514):64 Navigation System with CD Drive Control Module No signal/communication Lamp OFF 1304(0x0518):64 Radio No signal/communication Lamp OFF 1314(0x0522):24 Engine control module (ECM) No signal/communication Lamp OFF Intermitted

Ecu faults:
ECU No Name Coding Software VSSZZZ5PZ5R081250 03G906016HM R4 2,0L EDC G000AG 03 0050078 7000 Errors found 18009(0x4659):20 Voltage supply relay - terminal 30 Implausible signal Lamp OFF Intermitted

Gearbox faults:
FAULT: 18258 - powertrain data bus: missing message from ECU p1850 - 000 -

When i check can gateway list it says this:
VIN Car type Reg. Plate no. Customer ECU No Name Coding Software VSSZZZ5PZ5R081250 1K0907530E Gateway H09 10 0000000 0110 ECUs 00 No description 01 Engine Control Module 1 02 Transmission Control Module 03 Brakes 1 08 Air Conditioning 09 Central Electrics 15 Airbag 16 Steering Column Electronics 17 Dash Board 19 Gateway 25 Immobilizer 37 Navigation 42 Door Electronics Driver Side 44 Steering Assistance 46 Central Module Comfort System 47 Sound System 52 Door Electronics Passenger Side 56 Radio 62 Door Electronics Rear Left 69 Trailer Function 72 Door Electronics Rear Right 7D Auxiliary Heater Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication error. Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication error. Communication OK Communication error. Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK No errors found No errors found Errors found ! Errors found ! No errors found Errors found ! No errors found No errors found Errors found ! Errors found ! No errors found -No errors found Errors found ! Errors found ! -No errors found -No errors found Errors found ! No errors found Errors found !

Mostly where it says errors found there is a fault: Engine control module (ECM) No signal/communication Lamp OFF Intermitted

What i have noticed: Ecu number on the diagnostic tool is 03G906016HM, but for real ecu number is 03G906016EG when i took it from the car.

What im thinking to do, buy ecu with number 03G906016HM, place it to the car, code it and check does it helps.

Maybe i can get any advices or maybe someone was i my situacion. I will respond ASAP.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
Hello, i'm new to this forum. Just signed up becouse i dont have any other ideas what to do, so maybe you guys could help me to figure this thing out.

I have Seat Altea 2.0tdi dsg 2005. After market radio.

So i got the car more than a half year ago, there was a problem with car starting. When you turn on the key to the ignition possition, not always engine and glow plug lights comes up, and when it doesnt car cranks but doesnt fire up. I need to spin few times key on / off ignition like 5 times and engine light with glow plug light comes up and it starts perfectly. Car never shuts down when engine running.
So in the begining it wasnt a big problem, but later it became more and more harder to start the car. When outside is cold or raining or wet the car likes more and its more easy to get those lights on but when its hot its like impossible, there was a time when i needed 20min to spin the key ignition on/off until i got those lights (was a sunny day, after work, 8h standing in parking place). But the worst thing is to start after driving, i cant shut down car when filling gas, shop and so on. So thats the story.

When ignition is on without glow plug light and engine light. The gears indicator is blinking, and after 10seconds, fan comes up to blow with full speed.

What do i tryed to do.
First i found 1 relay in engine fuse box, the relay was with broken case, somebody tryed to open. So i bought new one and it didnt solve the problem.
Then i have changed ignition switch, under the steering wheel.
Then i checked ecu box, all grounds what was around, there was a lot of mud, leafs.. So i cleaned everything. Maybe ecu got water and i have this problem?
Then i went to a couple dealer places, they just scratched heads and told me that i can leave the car, they will check..

DIAGNOSTIC STUFF
Gateway faults:
VIN Car type Reg. Plate no. Customer ECU No Name Coding Software --- 1K0907530E Gateway H09 10 0000000 0110 Errors found 1305(0x0519):64 Databus Infotainment No signal/communication Lamp OFF 463(0x01CF):64 Digital Sound System Control Module No signal/communication Lamp OFF 1300(0x0514):64 Navigation System with CD Drive Control Module No signal/communication Lamp OFF 1304(0x0518):64 Radio No signal/communication Lamp OFF 1314(0x0522):24 Engine control module (ECM) No signal/communication Lamp OFF Intermitted

Ecu faults:
ECU No Name Coding Software VSSZZZ5PZ5R081250 03G906016HM R4 2,0L EDC G000AG 03 0050078 7000 Errors found 18009(0x4659):20 Voltage supply relay - terminal 30 Implausible signal Lamp OFF Intermitted

Gearbox faults:
FAULT: 18258 - powertrain data bus: missing message from ECU p1850 - 000 -

When i check can gateway list it says this:
VIN Car type Reg. Plate no. Customer ECU No Name Coding Software VSSZZZ5PZ5R081250 1K0907530E Gateway H09 10 0000000 0110 ECUs 00 No description 01 Engine Control Module 1 02 Transmission Control Module 03 Brakes 1 08 Air Conditioning 09 Central Electrics 15 Airbag 16 Steering Column Electronics 17 Dash Board 19 Gateway 25 Immobilizer 37 Navigation 42 Door Electronics Driver Side 44 Steering Assistance 46 Central Module Comfort System 47 Sound System 52 Door Electronics Passenger Side 56 Radio 62 Door Electronics Rear Left 69 Trailer Function 72 Door Electronics Rear Right 7D Auxiliary Heater Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication error. Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication error. Communication OK Communication error. Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK Communication OK No errors found No errors found Errors found ! Errors found ! No errors found Errors found ! No errors found No errors found Errors found ! Errors found ! No errors found -No errors found Errors found ! Errors found ! -No errors found -No errors found Errors found ! No errors found Errors found !

Mostly where it says errors found there is a fault: Engine control module (ECM) No signal/communication Lamp OFF Intermitted

What i have noticed: Ecu number on the diagnostic tool is 03G906016HM, but for real ecu number is 03G906016EG when i took it from the car.

What im thinking to do, buy ecu with number 03G906016HM, place it to the car, code it and check does it helps.

Maybe i can get any advices or maybe someone was i my situacion. I will respond ASAP.

Thanks.
I think the problem could be a relay, I had the same problem with seat toledo mk4, relay 109.

Mar 5, 2019
Hello guys, yeah i have solved the problem. I bought another ECU with Immo off from germany Ebay.
On ebay they call ecu-boost-service, you can send them yours ecu number, they will buy another ecu, make immo off and send to you. Then it was just plug-n-play job, and everything is working fine. Thats the story.

Reactions: Dragiev