Mystery interior button?

marcomann77

button

Greetings All.

I know im going to sound thick on this one but can anyone(probably all) tell me what the little switch with a car icon and what looks like something to do with the alarm(rings) within it is for?just next to the drivers seat under the door near the controls for the electric seats Now you wont believe it but I have owned three Lcr's now and I have only just noticed this button/switch today?yes call it lazy or just plain blindness but it now is bugging me?

Any info would be good and I am prepared for any slagging off which may come from my stupidity:0)

Nice one

Nutter.:shrug::confused::banned::doh:

its for when you leave a kid in there or animal it makes the alarm only go off if you try getting in from the outside and when you get back in it resets its self back to normal its just so nothing triggers it on the inside if your pets are left inside i diddnt no for months mate so i must be as thick as you lol

marcomann77

so its for animals i dont think your ment to leave your kids in the car it would be nice though

HORROX342

BoRRoX
May 9, 2010
Chorley (NW)
I also have a mystery interior question....thought i'd stick it in this thread as opposed to making a new one.

Ive got a mk1 leon, underneath the ashtray in the centre console there is a removable flap thing with some sort of connection underneath it...any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Horrox342

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
I also have a mystery interior question....thought i'd stick it in this thread as opposed to making a new one.

Ive got a mk1 leon, underneath the ashtray in the centre console there is a removable flap thing with some sort of connection underneath it...any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Horrox342
The flap covers the connection point to the car's computer system. Thus, that is where you'd plug your laptop into and use vag-com to check for faults, perform resets etc as well as where you'd connect to the perform a remap.

Rollergirl

So glad I am not the only person who took a look at this button and thought "huh?"

I worked it out eventually, but I've never had a car with one before!

Mattbricky

hi im new this this site, i have a cupra and spotted tht button about 2 weeks ago after having the car for 6 months lol n now i no wot it does!! lol

haohan425

新加的空白文章1

这是新加的空白文章1,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

Mick.E.B.

Well i recently hoovered the car out and removed this button in the process, so be careful when you want to clean out that area. I dont know what it was for by the way.

Cheers Mick

newtimecupra

Sep 9, 2010
tunbridge wells
unknown button

i have came across a button and i am unsure what it is or what it does it is by the right hand side of the drivers seat quite low and is between the front and back door? any help?

Schumigt20vt

Nov 4, 2010
It`s the button to disable the ultrasonic perimetric alarm system, it is used on s3`s also and it`s located on the B Pillar of the drivers door, at least for the left handed drive models, also but i am not sure if it was in the standard equipment or you had to pay for it back then.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.