Mystery letter from Seat

Deleted member 103408

Going to be controversial now

I went the modding way (eg keep the old car and make it faster, safer and better handling)

I would love a bike but I don't trust myself.

But I think what a lot of people are saying is keep your old car and find another way to have fun (lots of options).

I see a lot of people getting very excited about what the new MK3 might have or not have included (as they have been waiting for months and months and months) but when you recall that the MK4 will be out in no time at all and then the mk3 will be old hat.

If the car does what you need from it are you that fussed about saying I have an 10" screen etc etc etc.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for all the replies, have been looking at bikes and bike stuff for the past week and think it is the way to go even more now

Would love to have a second fun car but have nowhere to store it, plus would be looking to use the bike for my commute to keep the mileage and running costs on the car down a bit. Have narrowed my search down and think I know what I want though already being september and having a holiday booked next month think I am going to hold off until early spring next year. The motorbike school near me do an intro course (90 mins on a bike in their compound) so I will start with that I think and go from there.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Thanks for all the replies, have been looking at bikes and bike stuff for the past week and think it is the way to go even more now

Would love to have a second fun car but have nowhere to store it, plus would be looking to use the bike for my commute to keep the mileage and running costs on the car down a bit. Have narrowed my search down and think I know what I want though already being september and having a holiday booked next month think I am going to hold off until early spring next year. The motorbike school near me do an intro course (90 mins on a bike in their compound) so I will start with that I think and go from there.
What you looking at getting? Tend to get slightly better deals on bikes come autumn as sales drop off due to weather.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
What you looking at getting? Tend to get slightly better deals on bikes come autumn as sales drop off due to weather.

Have been looking at a few options -

Honda CB650f
Yamaha MT07
Suzuki SV650

Leaning towards the Honda at the moment. Had the exact same thought about the time of year and prices, it will likely be coming into spring\summer when I am looking to buy so not the best time. Everything I am looking at will be a year older then though so that might help I guess

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Have been looking at a few options -

Honda CB650f
Yamaha MT07
Suzuki SV650

Leaning towards the Honda at the moment. Had the exact same thought about the time of year and prices, it will likely be coming into spring\summer when I am looking to buy so not the best time. Everything I am looking at will be a year older then though so that might help I guess
I had an 03 plate sv650s as my first bike, they're a great starter bike as they're not massively powerful but enough to get a shift on when you're still learning the ropes. Had mine a year and a half before getting the daytona.

gletts

GL53TTS
Jan 7, 2008
Crawley, West Sussex
I got the same 'mystery' letter (I have a March 2016 Leon FR ST 184 TDi). I let the salesman do his pitch, which was that they had a half-empty forecourt of cars and were desperate to buy good quality cars and would pay top money. Then I pointed out my car was on contract hire at which point he admitted there was no 'good news' on my car and it wouldn't apply. What a waste of everyone's time...

Fortunately I was aware of the long lead times on Leon STs, so used the opportunity to discuss a quote for my next car as I have 6 months left on my PCH - apparently, I definitely need to be ordering a new Leon ST now in order to have a hope of getting it for next April. I thought the 4 months lead time on my old Exeo was bad...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise