n00b! looking @ swapping to an ibiza tdi...

Hyndee

Hi guys. Just signed up here and am ready to pick your brains! I quite like the Ibiza's from 99-02 so the mark 3's I believe?

Quite interested in diesels, been looking for 1.9 TDI sports but they seem very rare and fetch a premium.

Lots of cheaper 90BHP TDI cool.s things about though...

Can you guys tell me what the difference is in general between the models and also the state of tune of the engine... whats different hardware wise? Or is it literally mapping?

Also, what could I do to BOTH the 90 and 110BHP varients to get more power and what could I expect in power figures when they've been played with?

Many thanks :)

Dave

Hyndee

I definitely would need more than 100BHP hehe. Mind you I've only got 120BHP in me current little car but I'm bored of revving it like mad to unleash those ponies.

I'll have a looksie on the search function on here about these cars but if anyone can still give me some details or info it'd be much appreciated! :)

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Hi guys. Just signed up here and am ready to pick your brains! I quite like the Ibiza's from 99-02 so the mark 3's I believe?

Quite interested in diesels, been looking for 1.9 TDI sports but they seem very rare and fetch a premium.

Lots of cheaper 90BHP TDI cool.s things about though...

Can you guys tell me what the difference is in general between the models and also the state of tune of the engine... whats different hardware wise? Or is it literally mapping?

Also, what could I do to BOTH the 90 and 110BHP varients to get more power and what could I expect in power figures when they've been played with?

Many thanks :)

Dave

differences betwen the cool.s and the sport will be in general the Sport has climate control, different steering wheel (leather), white dials, TCS, different gear knob, side skirts, rear small spolier, front fogs, theres probably more but cant think at the mo....

difference between 90 and 110... different turbo, injectors ecu etc etc. 110 has a variable vane turbo for less lag

Both - get a remap is the cheapest best way to more power. 90 with remap = 110/120bhp. 110 with remap = 130/140bhp.

im570rm

or better buy a PD engine 130/150 pd as it's much stronger and takes less money and less mods to reach 200hp.

Hyndee

You'll hate me for it but I think MK4 Ibizas are ugly! Too high sided... plus my budget wouldnt allow for that much. Seen a TDI sport mk3 on pistonheads.com for 3k seems a bit cheap for what it is as its been remaped, exhaust, boost gauges, 51 reg and so on looks a nice car but in Scotland and I'm in the West Midlands... mission! lol

sssstew

Editing your spelling
3k is about the right price for the mk3 sports, depending on how many miles its done of course. I do agree with you to a degree about the look of the mk4s.

Oh and another difference i thought of whilst walking the dog (!) was that the tdi sports have disc brakes all round where as the lower spec models will likely have drums on the back but not 100% about that.