N249 bpass and Over BOosting

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Hi Guys,

Before i did my N249 bypass the car used to surge a lot with the boost, so as part of a cure for this i did the N249 bypass!

Great stuff, its stopped the surging! But i now have a new problem.

Sometimes the car will go in to limp, its happening quite often now, will go to limp for about 1min then come out of it......

the Error that then flags up on Vag.com is :

1 Fault Found:
17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded
P1555 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 1000

Ive had the bypass checked by u guys on a different thread.....theres no boost leaks as far as i can tell anywhere and i have found the DV now sounds a little different for some reason. Dumping more sharper tbh. Sounds a bit weird.....

Any ideas at all? has a P torque remap boosting to about 16-17psi and forge 007 and forge tip. Piper Cross induction kit and new MAF last November....

Any ideas peeps?
Done a search but not much has come up unfortuantly....some people suggest coil packs to solve the issue but i doubt that....

Appreciate any help!

Rich

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
indeed i do...

check out this thread: although this doesn't show an overboosting issue as it boosted fine on both logs...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125376

in the logs peak boost is 18.4 psi approximately
if you boot it while its surging what boost does it hit, or what is boost hitting before it goes in limp mode

have you got the map checked to see what the maximum boost level before limp mode limit is
sounds like a problem with the remaps boost levels to me and a n249 bypass will stop it dumping excess boost which is resulting in limp mode

Last edited:

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Interesting....might have to get ptorque to have a look at it....

18psi eh...interesting....thought i was 16-17....

The surging has now stopped with the bypass Karl......if you put your foot down when it use to surge....u would put ur foot down, it would boost to about 5psi and stop then suddenly it kicked in and off you went...

Now the bypass is done......it will boost on the gauge to about 16-17 psi and then suddenly go in to limp mode at 5psi or so.... 3-5psi any how... and won't do anything else above that......then give it about 15-30 secs and its fine again....and it then gives that error in vag.com

Could i get the map checked? What would they need to check for? It was fine before the n240 bypass apart from the surging (which it did BEFORE the map was done as well!)

I always thought it was the N75 that was fooked but thats something i could change....can you tell from my logs if the N75 is fooked?

Cheers Karl!

Feb 25, 2007
stroud
i get no 0.5 psi limp mode after doing this mod to my car but before i had it quite a bit i
have a k03s conversion with a standard jabba map for a ko3 if anything this mod has helped me no end

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
yeah well it seems to have helped just being annoying over boosting and im afraid i might damage the turbo if it happens often!

anyone any other suggestions apart from having the map checked or altered?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
ive got the same problem as you now:

VAG-COM Version: Release 303.1

Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 T
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
Software Coding: 05510
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
17522 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor: B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High
P1114 - 35-00 - -
17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded
P1555 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
what N75 u running?

surely my N75 values will tell if its ****ed?

My N75 is a C version, i think im going to buy an F version!

Big lad- u done the N249 bypass as well? and you have a ptorque map as well?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
the new that deal gave was 058-906-283-F, asum its the F.
Nah havent done the n249, yes i had my p torque done, quite imressed but some times im having a few problem. wit the fuel sito.
On normal 95, i get shi*t mileage but i get a better respone from the engine. ON v-power/bp ultimate get a better mileage but drives likes a corsa some times,

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well the F is the standard that comes with car, so it must be right one, have yours checked by seat as which version comes with your car as standard.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
the new that deal gave was 058-906-283-F, asum its the F.
Nah havent done the n249, yes i had my p torque done, quite imressed but some times im having a few problem. wit the fuel sito.
On normal 95, i get shi*t mileage but i get a better respone from the engine. ON v-power/bp ultimate get a better mileage but drives likes a corsa some times,

weird??? to be honest if you've mapped it I wouldn't touch 95 unless you had no other choice. Mine runs like a bag of sh*te on 95 (only ever done it once) and then during the phase of trying to get teh 95 out of the system wasnt exactly running 100% either, it took 2/3 full tanks of vpower to get back to "normal"

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.