N249 bypass and now DV sounds weird!

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Last week or week before i did the N249 bypass....

now then as far as i can tell, i have checked all the pipes are in and there are no boost leaks at all...

the DV (forge 007) now sounds different....almost a flutter......when you lift on.....rather than the nice kinda darth vader breathing sound it was giving out.....mind u it does still seem to give that when accelerating its when u let off, u get a kinda of fluttery sound.....and ive heard this is bad...

Ive done a Vag.com scan and nothing came up apart from a excessive boost error which i have cleared and now seems to be ok.....

Any ideas or do people think everything is ok?

Cheeers

Rich

May 2, 2006
kink in your hose on top of DV?

check and recheck all your hoses, if it wasnt doing it before you bypassed it and it is now, then somthing is wrong, check for holes, kinks etc etc...

you have done it right as well havnt you? any pics?

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Sounds like the dump valve isn't doing its job properly, as Dave said double check all hoses are free of leaks and connected properly. Are you sure its plumbed in correctly also is the little black and white check valve in the correct way round?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Might be worth doign a leak back test on dump... but would agree with others, if it wasn't doing it before and is now... check all hosing and connections are correct...

Mike

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Have you checked that the black/white one way valve is the correct way round?

Last edited:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Nicked from another thread...

n249_5.jpg

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Right here are my pics...

I have checked all the piping and connections and moved things round a bit and it does seem to have made a little bit of difference. Not fluttering now, just dumping loudly :)

But here are the pics just to double check ive got everything done properly...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
mine also flutters the dv that is............:confused:

il put some of my pics up for you to look at n c if it looks ok

May 2, 2006
Right here are my pics...

I have checked all the piping and connections and moved things round a bit and it does seem to have made a little bit of difference. Not fluttering now, just dumping loudly :)

But here are the pics just to double check ive got everything done properly...

:yes: fine

Last edited: