N249 Bypass back to standard

sean h

Hi my cars having a fair few problems at the minute and i've been advised to put it back to standard to be able to get a better idea of whats up. The re-circ valve and induction kit arent a problem, but its had the N249 bypass done and i have no clue of how things went before as someone off the forum did the mod for me (freddie). can someone plz help either by describing what went wehre or ideally if you have some pics that would help me.

much appreciated!

sean

Banksy 1

ibiza cupra
May 27, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
got some pics here mate before i did the bypass

05122007059n249.jpg
[/IMG]

05122007060n249.jpg

sean h

thanks for the pictures banksy!

not sure whats going on really with the car, the engine management light came on and when i got it checked there were tons of codes coming up!! they are,

17833 P1425 tank vent valve short to ground
17525 P1117 O2 sensor heater circ bank1-sensor2 short to ground
17843 P1435 Sec Air inj sys pump relay circ short to ground
17829 P1421 Sec Air inj valve circ short to ground
17697 P1289 Turbocharger bypass valve short to ground
17522 P1114 Bank1-sensor2 internal resistant too high
16518 P0134 O2 sensor circ bank1-sensor1 no activity Detected
17955 P1547 Boost pressure control valve short to ground

the garage reckon they arent linked and they're intermittent. they think maybe an ecu problem is bringing them up but they arent confident on what it is either. All i know is that it all happened after the flooding in hull a few months back and i did drive through some water but it wasnt really deep, but still not sure if it has anything to do with that?!

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Ive gota put mine back to standard aswel now as my map dont like it and wont boost past 10 psi with it done so back to stadard we go but im going to try and put them under/around the charge pipe so it still looks quite tidy

Last edited:

turbos

Dec 3, 2008
got some pics here mate before i did the bypass

05122007059n249.jpg
[/IMG]

05122007060n249.jpg

Hi all, I need to no where does the pipe go between the metal pipe and the plastic intake pipe, i no 1 goes to the activator and the other to the n249 mod, where does the other 1 go???

ant:banned:

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I also need some help but REMOVING the N249.... before I can remove it from the rocker cover I need to know what to do with this pipe, can anyone give me the answer?

(the red pipe at the back)

DSC02156.jpg

another pic

DSC02157.jpg

looks like a some sort of vac pipe but dunno what to do with it

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Hi all, I need to no where does the pipe go between the metal pipe and the plastic intake pipe, i no 1 goes to the activator and the other to the n249 mod, where does the other 1 go???

ant:banned:

You mean one goes to the acurator? the other one goes to your sai, under your charge pipe near the right back side of the engine bay

but I think that if you replace the fuse you don;t need to revert to standard. Haven't really heard anyone have proper problems with the bypass if done correctly that is

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
my fuse blew as well.. was because my resistors were touching the rocker cover because the electricians tape had heated and melted away lol. all sorted now :D

45_CB
Chris....

one vac pipe from inlet manifold to fuel pressure regulator
one vac pipe from inlet manifold to d/v

all the rest (actuator and secondary air intake) get blocked - a bit of vac pipe and a screw.

its simple.

then the old valves need replacing with resistors. search in here for the resistor thread and if gives you the details for that.

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
cheers cus, but mine has already been by passed but cant remove the actualy unit until I find out what that pipe is, shall I just block it?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.