N249 Bypass guide LCR

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Started doing this yesterday. Don't know if I'm just unlucky, but it's taken well over 20 minutes so far. Those b**tard clips didn't want to come off!

Should I be able to suck air through the pipe that leads to the inlet manifold? I tested this as soon as I took it off the N249, before I'd even done the bypass. The pipe from the DV was fine when I connected that.

Also, does anyone know what that white rectangle of plastic on the black tray underneath the windscreen wipers is for? I dropped some pliers on it and they made a small hole. Does this matter? I know the black tray is hollow, but can't see that it really goes anywhere.

Cheers,

Dave.

Mikeey

Aug 28, 2013
I've read all 16 pages of this thread and I can see the benefits which some people experience by doing this bypass, but how are they actually achieved?

Am I correct thinking, when N249 is bypassed, hot air isn't recirculated back into the turbo, which helps keep the density of the air therefore producing better acceleration response due to fresh charge being drawn in?

I just want to work out how it all works and why, before I do the bypass.

Cheers, Mikey.

Last edited:

Sean886

May 15, 2014
I think I'm right in thinking I can run a 4mm hose from the top of the standard dv to the inlet manifold?

Sorry for the newb responce!

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
I've read all 16 pages of this thread and I can see the benefits which some people experience by doing this bypass, but how are they actually achieved?

Am I correct thinking, when N249 is bypassed, hot air isn't recirculated back into the turbo, which helps keep the density of the air therefore producing better acceleration response due to fresh charge being drawn in?

I just want to work out how it all works and why, before I do the bypass.

Cheers, Mikey.

No, it’s not.

People do it to eliminate places that are common for vacuum leaks and to tidy up there engine bay.
Also, in the stock setup the ECU controls the DV function, so it recirculates boost pressure when you let off the gas, need traction control and to protect it’s self if something goes wrong.

When the bypass is done, it means that the only time the DV opens is when you let off the gas sharply. This means better response times and you’re more connected to what’s happening.

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
Also, does anyone know what that white rectangle of plastic on the black tray underneath the windscreen wipers is for? I dropped some pliers on it and they made a small hole. Does this matter? I know the black tray is hollow, but can't see that it really goes anywhere.

Cheers,

Dave.

It's the cover for your VIN plate

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
This version (BAM/AMK) looks by far the easiest to do! I'm going to attempt it when my 4mm vac hose arrives as I'll just run the hose from inlet mani to DV. Then leave the rest unplugged/Unbunged? Is that correct?

Thanks

LCR

Bwwaaaaapp
Jul 3, 2014
Fife
1f69dd33efff6b8027147bfda2791fbe.jpg

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
Ok thanks, hopefully do it at some point this week. I've seen people totally delete and remove a lot of the other hoses/boxes too. Is this necessary? I do think it looks a lot tidier also. But because of a million different guides Im confused AS to what can be removed, all I remember is that I still need to leave it plugged in.

LCR

Bwwaaaaapp
Jul 3, 2014
Fife
Il Post a picture soon of what you can remove, but once you do the delete, it'll be clear what you can get rid of, does look a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Sorry to resurrect this thread just ordered my 4mm hose and connector from ebay I'm just wondering what you can remove from it though because I want it to be nice and clear I have seen a few lcr with no sign of this horrible black box =(

shanky77

Sep 26, 2005
Ipswich, Suffolk
Just done this on mine thanks to this guide and the difference is really noticeable :D

Throttle response is much sharper and there seems to be less hesitation between gear changes.

Would recommend this cheap and easy mod to anyone thinking about doing it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.