ok im gunna sound well dum but hay

what is a n249 n whats it do

why would you bypass it n wos it do when you do:shrug:

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
ummmm sound abit tricky,

think im gunna leave it might :censored: something right up n just make problems

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
it can be done in two mins if you dont want to use the resistors and stuff.
read the last few pages of the link

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
is it fairly safe to do it

plus my cars std at the mo well no remap will that be fine

May 2, 2006
u dont need the resisters, u can just bypass it mechanically and leave it electrically plugged in to keep ecu happy, it looks alot more complicated that it is on the guide

Craig! done mine :clap: and when it was done i was thinking "i could have done that"

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
i did it the other day in about 2-3minutes, leaving the valve in place and wired up. then just plumbe it in. am i right in saying that when accelerating and letting off the throttle then back on quickly it can cause a slight spike and then cause limp mode?

May 2, 2006
Beezaturbo :- i havnt seen limp mode once since i done mine

P34ch3y :- doing this is to stop your ecu venting boost out of your dv when you dont want it to (and iv heard it does it quiet ofter without u even knowing) better dv response, better throttle response etc etc ... all iv personally noticed is my dv went slightly louder

Last edited:

J4M3S

Yes it is and No you cant
Jul 17, 2007
Belfast
www.s44gan.com
i know there are lots and lots of topics on this but thought i would add my question this one.

when you have both of the valves sitting there bypassed with no pipes connected can you remove them all together or do you still need to keep the electrical plug in?

thanks,

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
If you remove them electrically then toy have to put resistors in their place to stop the CEL.

330ohm 10 watt resistors for each.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members