n249 bypass

kennyrodgers84

kennyrodgers lcr
done the n249 bypass yesterday on my cupra r.i just took the pipe off the top of the dump valve where it goes into the n249.blocked off the n249 then 'T' pieced the dump valve pipe into the fpr pipe.is this correct??car seems to boost a bit harder right up to red line:)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
What do you block the small piece of hose left on the N-249 with?.

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
17082008126.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
yeh i noticed a difference straight away, although to be fair, my car was having problems then i done this while it was being fixed. dunno about you, but changing gear at speed seems crisper and smoother, and the throttle is slightly more eager.......alot of people say they can hear their DV more, mine is defo more audible when im caning it to death. dunno if its due to this.....as i have said good little mod....

while you are doin it, debaffle your charge pipe too.....my car sounds like a whisleing kettle on full chat....lol

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Have any of you run a boost gauge also off the fpr pipe?. Is is just a second t-piece added to the line or is it run from top dv pipe once the bypass has been done?.
Also what do you block the small piece of hose left on the N-249 with?.

hello mate, im running the gauge from the fpr, dont really see a difference from running it off the top of the dv to be honest.

didnt block it off buddy

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
hello mate, im running the gauge from the fpr, dont really see a difference from running it off the top of the dv to be honest.

didnt block it off buddy

Damn you quoted me before I got time to edit, I was getting confused with the gauge and the bypass. :lol:

I can see on Bret's pic the small pipe on the N-249 is left open. I'm sure someone said it had to be blocked off to not throw a fault code. :confused: I can't find the post again.

PS: - I'll fit your pod one day. Must be nearly 12 months now since I got it :redface:

Last edited:

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
You can get rid of everything ontop of the rocker cover. The vacuum chamber etc. Keep the bracket if you use your engine cover. You can relocate the N249 under the scuttle pannel or elsewhere in the engine bay by extending the wiring. As long as the N249 is connected then you wont get any fault codes. The main reason the dv and the car is more responsive is because the vacuum doesnt have to travel through the network of pipe and valve to get to the top of the dv. Great cheap mod!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.