N249 bypass

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
This shows it pretty clearly:
160498_srm8ca.jpg

All you need is a bit of extra vacuum hose, you can re-use the t-piece from elsewhere.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
It makes the Forge 007P give a slighly louder noise. The N249 is a backup to the OEM recirc valve which can fail but not needed if you have an aftermarket one.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
how much of this 4mm pipe do you need?
also is this backup not needed because the forge valve isnt likely to fail? unlike the oem one.

You need no more than 30cm. You should be able to see from the picture...just compare it to your engine bay. Yea the Forge valve isn't prone to failure.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You can re-use the t-piece that you have already, and no blanking plates or anything needed.

^does anybody have the answer to this question please^. i would just try it and hope for the best but i really dont want to create any problems that i dont need to create.
from what i can guess compareing that picture to my engine X is left disconnected.

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Sorry to drag up an old thread...

Well, I fancy giving this a go over the next couple of days and TBH I am getting a little confused... here is my engine bay as it stands now.
DSC00175v1.jpg

To bypass the N249...
Red circle (pipe to DV) should go to the T-piece in the green circle? What happens to the connection in the red circle now there is no pipe attached?
Pipe in blue circle needs to be capped off somehow. Is that right?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Well, I fancy giving this a go over the next couple of days and TBH I am getting a little confused... here is my engine bay as it stands now.
DSC00175v1.jpg

To bypass the N249...
Red circle (pipe to DV) should go to the T-piece in the green circle? What happens to the connection in the red circle now there is no pipe attached?
Pipe in blue circle needs to be capped off somehow. Is that right?

What happens to the connection in the red circle now there is no pipe attached

Nothing leave it.

I've left the blue circle one unattached unbunged

Think your DV is the wrong way aswell

Image003.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise