n249 bypass

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Very sorry for asking just need to no im 100% right before i do this tomorow when i do the bypass all the hoses lined in green can be removed and go in the bin i just need to keep the n249 connected at the plug is this right.?

I havent got the resistors yet to remove it all so im just going to bypass it for the moment.?

05122007060n249m-1.jpg

and all i need to reconnect is just a setup similar to this.?

n249_1.jpg

if this is right does that now mean i can remove that s**t black box thing on the top left of the engine.

Last edited:

Mat

Yeah, as much as we bitch about "search", some things need clear guides.

I've read the catch tank thread and n249 and you have to read it all, mix posts up etc to figure it out.

If/When I do the catch tank, I shall write a guide for that! Think some of the other popular threads need "re-writing" into guide format! ;)

(will see how much time I have on my hands :D)

Tizer

Oct 12, 2008
Kent, Canterbury
Im sure you have loads of time =] Do it now haha
Then i can do the catch tank at the weekend lol.

I think just all the common ones need re doing into a clear guide with pics pref.
e.g. catch tank thread, n249, TIP fitting, Jetex thread

Mat

Bought mine with TIP already fitted, and N249 already done! Guess I could re-write the threads in a way LOL

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
My advice for the bypass is to read the main thread and then go and look in the engine bay to get it straight in your head - it's a lot easier to see in front of you than some people can explain on here.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
oh, and I do not (and I mean not!) agree with the fact that this is info which you can't find on here.

don't be lazy and its right there..

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
right reuvers that thread comfirms what i thought you just remove the old vac tubes and just connect up from the top of the dv to a T piece then one feed to the inlet manifold and one to the black/white thing to the bottom of the two hoses by the n249.
right im going to give this a go i wil post a before and after pic to make sure i have done it correct.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
yes but in your second pic don't forget to connect the second nipple on your left N112 as well with vac hose to your pump somewhere under chargepipe. Second pic shows it in silver, first pic in blue

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Right all done was going to change the one to the pump under the chargepipe to but cold outside and hands to cold to get into small spaces now.lol.

so from this.

Picture073.jpg

Picture072.jpg

to this i also removed the stupid black box because it looks better without it.

Picture077.jpg

Picture079.jpg

all done all connected no codes so im happy.