N249 Help, please

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Sorry to bring up a never ending subject yet again but im confused and the search just isnt really doing it for me

I’ve been having a bit of trouble recently concerning the infamous n249 bypass,
Right basically what’s happening is I keep going into limp mode every time I do it,
I Now the first time I did it I just unplugged the n249 and took it off, and ran it like that for like a month with no problems, then as soon as I unplugged the n112 I did about 4 miles before I went into limp mode,

The fault code that was showing every time I cleared them was maximum boost pressure exceeded.

Now yesterday I read on here somewhere (I think it was to do with people removing the carbon canister) that people had done the bypass but left it electrically plugged in, so last night I did it, I bypassed both the n249 and n112 and left them electrically plugged in, and low and behold it went into limp mode,

So can someone tell me what im doing wrong, or what the problem could be .

cheers

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Theres a hell of alot of info on here mate

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150144

But not heard of any of us going into limp mode because of doing it. Have you hooked it up to vagcom yet to see what that brings up?

Obviously doing the bypass plays with the boost so maybe its over boosting now due to the vac lines being shortened. That being said it could quite possibly be your N75 on its way out

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
well i will be putting it on solus again today, which will probably bring up max boost press exceeded, but last time i did it it was vacuuming at 5hg but now its doing it at 25hg which is more than it was before the bypass even though the vac lines are shorter.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
From what ive read the things to check first when exceeding maximum boost are the Maf and N75. Ive got the same maximum boost exceeded on mine myself atm as well but ive had no problems with the bypass at all through every stage of doing it. Most likely to be the N75. Try borowing another N75 just to check it out, thats what im doing to elliminate it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.