N249 operation - possible to check on vag-com?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well its been asked elsewhere, and i thought i'd ask here too, as i'd like to know if its possible.

Is it possible to check that the n249 and n75 are operating properly via vag-com?

For example, if I was to think that the vacuum being created isn't strong enough to pull the dv open, would it be possible to read some values etc and see if this is the case?

I'm still getting my dv oscilation, and was wondering if it could not be creating a strong enough vacuum to open it properly?

Or is there a way to create a stronger vacuum, without increasing the boost?

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
In a quick search, I see that you can measure the duty cycle of the N75 on some engines. I went to the Ross-Tech website and did a search. I found label files for certain engines that have references to the N75 duty cycle. Looks like on some engines measuring block 114 will show the duty cycle and on some newer models it can be viewed in measuring block O11.

I did not find any hit on the N249 in VAG-COM.

I need you to know I am a newbie at Ross-Tech when it comes to the tech stuff and I really know only a little about Seats. So, take that into account when viewing the info I give here.

Hope that helps.

-Bruce-
Ross-Tech

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks for the reply - i did know about the n75 duty cycle, but I'm more interested to see about the n249, as i've already replaced the n75 recently.

I'm just a total numpty when it comes to vag-com and useful logging :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members