n249 pipework and crap running issues

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
fellas... looking into a strange hissing i have, now when i went from bypass back to oem, i had to fabricate the pipework a bit due to losing the oem stuff.

the pipe that comes from the dv nipple top.... what size is this, as the metal hard pipe it adjoins to under the dv is a larger diameter...

and the pipe that comes from the vac reservoir to the other metal hard pipe to the left of the dv one.. diameter on this aswell?

trying to eliminate weak points in the system for leaks

help appreciated on this one, i can hear a hissing from around that area, was there before the fmic install so unrelated.

symptoms i have... in 2nd mainly hesitation on part throttle, high revs in 5th and 6th pull back slightly then go and pull back alittle more.

vagcom suggests no boost leaks, but is running lean.

starting to annoy me now, just want it running right

also seems to be using more fuel than normal|?????

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2007
If you warm up the hose you can get it to fit over the metal pipe, thats what I did I think:)

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
guys anyone got the oem pipework still for the n249, need the oem pipes from the vac reservoir to the metal pipe, and the oem from dv nipple to metal pipe please???

trying to eliminate my horrible running issue and running lean.

so far come up with this, split pipe under inlet manifold, which i will look at a.m. other than that im stumped tbh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.