N249 problem.

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
A friend of mine did the n249 bypass after i had done mine but last week the bracket broke on the air valves and they dropped onto the turbo melting all plastic components on the aswell as damaging the vacum hose to the actuator. Just wondered if anyone new part numbers or prices? I've search but couldn't find the n249 valves.:help:

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Same happened to me last week. Luckily only melted the non return valve the n112 survived. Sorry cant help with part no s but thought give some moral support.......did it flag a fault code!

May 2, 2006
iirc their £23.50 ex VAT (same thing happened to me week before last)
both N112 and N249 valves are the same except on the N112 one of the ports are blanked off - Part Number - 028 906 283 F

Hope this helps

May 2, 2006
just a touch ...... like ...... a day !!

got the resistor in place now where my N249 was, just need to do the N112 :)

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
Lads my mate got his new N112 valve today and just plumbed it in but noticed on mine that the connection underneath electric connector is capped off where as the new one is not. Will this need capping off for it to work correctly? Any help appreciated.

sean h

cheers mate. just need some help sticking it back to standard now, still no joy with all the faults. ricci concept think its an ecu fault because it would be too much of a coincidence for 10 unrelated fualt codes to come up at same time! they told me to put it back to standard to eliminate any mods out of the fault finding...... but i aint a clue how it was all piped up before the bypass!

any help plz guys, pics much appreciated!!

sean h

someone on here must have put the n249 bypass back to standard surely?

if so can you help me out please?!! i need to do this as soon as poss so i can get the faults checked out and the car sold

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I see no reason why anyone would put it back on, have you tried clearing the faults, and did they come back?
Also post the fault codes, and we'll see if we can help you.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i just dont know why people hang them over the back

just use the other hole and hang it over the rocker ive had mine like that for 2yrs and had no problem at all

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
someone on here must have put the n249 bypass back to standard surely?

if so can you help me out please?!! i need to do this as soon as poss so i can get the faults checked out and the car sold

DSC00190-1.jpg

any help m8

sean h

cheers guys, well the garage said it was just an idea to put it all back to standard that was the only reason why i was going to do it. i'll get the sheet with the codes on and post them on here and hope some good samaritan can help me!!!! thanks

May 2, 2006
post the codes
we will sort you out buddy
putting it back to standard (n249) is pointless btw, wont have anything to do with it unless you have it bypassed wrong

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
garages allways say that because they ant got a glue........even SEAT said the same to me once.......jabba all the way for me

sean h

yeah i didnt think it would have anything to do with it as it ran fine for about 3 months like it. the engine light came on after all the flooding so i think its maybe to cause for some of the probs. i'll get the codes posted tomorrow morning. thanks again for your help guys!!

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
How have you mounted them truCido? Pics?

Have had mine bolted to the top of the block for a while but the n249 snapped off and fell onto the glowing manifold. Was hot but hadnt quite melted so was lucky. Just need to make sure they are somewhere safe now, dont mind extending the wires if need be.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.