N249 & Split R

Pky

Hey ppl, just done the N249 bypass, have to say, what?

my d.v now sounds crap.
responce seems a lil sluggish?
and to top it all off, i burned my finger :(

checked all hosing for leeks etc, dv has been reset... the white/black thing is the right way round (double checked!!!)

my dv seems to chatter, then dump (not much at all)

any ideas?

Ben.

Pky

Now Std again, if anyone has this setup and it works... please let me know.

Played with it for hours! used 1/2 a tank of fuel, still doesnt want to play.

possibly due to the way the Split R valve works? Opposite to the std one???

im outa ideas :S

Peace.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
ive got the same set up and to start with mine wasnt dumping properly but then had a play with it and it seems to be working ok now. Which picture ect did you use to copy the pipework from for the bypass?

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
the splitter r needs to be installed the opposite way that the standard ones fitted. My trumpet points to the back of the engine bay, by the looks of that pic its installed wrong but they can be connected both ways but will only work 100% if installed the correct way

Pky

Ok... i think my Split R is the correct way, taken some pictures anyway....

Photo-0017.jpg

Photo-0019.jpg

The other way (the wrong way.. i believe) would look like this???

Photo-0016.jpg

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Yep i have this setup.....works fine...when i had the n249 it was holding the split r open alot...works fine now...get quite a loud chatter/chirp niose...love it!

Same here, I get the chirpy noise on mine. I checked with Forge as people were saying this is bad. Seems to be a normal characteristic of these valves.

Gotta love it tho, totally different to any over valve Ive heard :D

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
My mate got the split-r and it does sound sweet. I'm not sure whether to get on or just go the open cone filter with my 007 dv. As i believe to noise would be similar but not as loud??? is that correct?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
ive still got problems. running a stage one map... it just sounded crap / felt crap :(

how many clicks you ppl for your Split-R's on?

im running Stage 1....

Ive lost count, i did it the original way 1st, full anti clockwise and then 2 clockwise. After a while i turned it a few more as the valve wore in.

Do u have a boost gauge? Maybe your not running full boost? I had a boost problem and the valve was silent, got it sorted and it soon came back. How long u had it?

Also double check its connected properly and ensure the small hose on the top of valve is on secure:)

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Far easier just to T off a vacuum hose on the inlet manifold and run hose directly to your DV, should be plenty of vacuum and no electrical interference from the N249 because you're bypassing it completely.

A DV such as the Forge 007P combined with an open cone will give you dump noise not too far off the Split-R valve (plus no messing around with adjusters etc.!). I've tried both and the Split-R was only slightly louder. Being 100% honest the SPlit-R isn't worth the hassle.