N75 j valve on standard car

rover75mad

Hi everyone.
Since buying my leon 20v turbo with snapped cambelt i`ve had nothing but trouble.
Although it has never broken down so i still love it.
I have never been impressed with it`s performance but it recently got worse and worse and was making a horrible ticking noise.
Nows the time to strip it again i thought.
1st head off, all valves back out, No problems found.
2nd Sump off, Pistons out, No problems found.
3rd spun crankshaft and the ticking noise is still there. It definetly sounds like its coming from the flywheel. ( My clutch has always been high and i`m wondering if something is about to fail in there )
Right i`ve rebuilt the engine with new bigends, headgasket set, bolts, plugs, all filters and complete new timing belt kit including damper.
I`ve also checked every single pipe to try and find the boost problem and i think i`ve found it.
The boost valve (known as the n75 valve i think) comes apart in my hand.
I`m going to replace this. Ive seen a second hand one on ebay but it is the j version. will this work or shall i buy a standard one. If so where is the cheapest place to get one as i`ve just spent a small fortune on parts and two very long days stripping and rebuilding.
Any help would be most grateful.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
N75 J valve raises the boost slightly, not sure on the exact science behind how it works TBH, but by running slightly higher boost with everything else stock has been known to force the car into limp mode.

How much is the J by the way as a standard one is about £40 ish quid from a good supplier??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise