N75 valve - pd130

May 22, 2009
South Wales
hey just had a custom map on my hybrid pd130 and have been told there is a boost problem and that it could be the n75 valve!

can some one enlighten me on these and wat they cost and if they are easy to change etc?

cheers

borachris

Its one of the valves on the back of the bay, the vac line from the actuator on the turbo goes to it, The valve controls the actuator which in turn controls the vanes in the turbo, this is what effects the boost.

Think they are about £25 from TPS.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
wicked! there is a valve that is faulty making the turbo boost to rediculous psi. this is making the actuator not shut the turbo properly. thats why my turbo broke! i have phoned seat stealers and the want 120 for the unit (its the one that all the boost pipes go into on the drivers near the suspension leg).

has anyone had a problem with this unit before? because i am thinking i may have damaged a wire when rerouting the wiring for the air pressure sensor.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Its one of the valves on the back of the bay, the vac line from the actuator on the turbo goes to it, The valve controls the actuator which in turn controls the vanes in the turbo, this is what effects the boost.

Think they are about £25 from TPS.
On the Mk4 Ibiza it's a single combined box - on top of the driver's side suspension turret - that controls all the vacuum supplies (eg boost control, EGR control, ASV control, etc etc).

I doubt you'll get that for £25...

Why exactly do they think it's an N75 issue - who is doing the mapping ?
Did you have any problems before the hybrid/remap work ?

May 22, 2009
South Wales
na, no probs before, but they sed my turbo broke because of this over boosting problem! have you heard of this unit breaking? i may have just damaged a cable leading to the unit which would be alot cheaper than buying a new one!

i have also broken a 2.5" boost pipe! its the 90 degree one near the inlet manifold, does anyone have an idea how much these are?

cheeers

May 22, 2009
South Wales
thats reasuring - cheers mate. my car has only done 80,000 miles and not really been hammered so i cant see it being a problem. have tried a different unit so fingers crossed has sorted it!

johnbowdengti

Did you get it sorted? Not normally the control unit itself. I would always suspect checking either vacuum pipes or the wiring to the unit. If its overboosting, it is usually VNT sticking.
Having no end of problems with my N75, although mine are seperate units and I think it is wiring related.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
hey man, i have endless problems with the turbo! my car is current @ RS tuning in leeds and they are sorting it out for me! i think the bar that controls boost is set wrong meaning that the turbo is boosting all over the place!

Rs tuning are sending the turbo off to CR turbo's where i had the hybrid from to set it again! i have had endless troubles! i replaced all the vacuum pipes, the main unit and it turned out to b the turbo all along!

aint had the car running properly since begining of december! will let you know the outcome.

johnbowdengti

I live in Leeds so I may give them a try.
I have bought the Innotec turbo cleaner which I will use next weekend just in case its the VNT sticking.
mine comes up with an N75 open / short to ground and I am looking for a wiring diagram as I replaced the ground connections at the ECU and replaced N75 and connector without success.
I suspect the problem to be different to that reported by VAGCOM.

Good luck and keep me informed

sssstew

Editing your spelling
hey man, i have endless problems with the turbo! my car is current @ RS tuning in leeds and they are sorting it out for me! i think the bar that controls boost is set wrong meaning that the turbo is boosting all over the place!

Rs tuning are sending the turbo off to CR turbo's where i had the hybrid from to set it again! i have had endless troubles! i replaced all the vacuum pipes, the main unit and it turned out to b the turbo all along!

aint had the car running properly since begining of december! will let you know the outcome.

Sounds like someones been playing with the actuator rod to get it to boost more. not the right way to get more performance as the ECU detects this and leads to overboost issues.