N80 Purge Valve location?

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
I don't suppose you have a link for the one you bought? I can't seem to find any seller from the uk lol

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
I'm still waiting for mine, It should be with me tomorrow! :) Any advice on the easiest way to change it? Hopefully you have no trouble in warm weather now!

RaoulDK

Nov 21, 2014
Dusseldorf, Germany
Not really...I think the best/easiest way would be to take the whole air housing out by just pulling it upwards. If you do this just remember to free the hose that goes to the valve from the back of the housing.

I did not do it this way. I first released the short hose from the right side(as looking from outside and above the engine) of the air housing, un-clipped the connector from the valve and afterwards removing the long part of the hose.

RaoulDK

Nov 21, 2014
Dusseldorf, Germany
DXy2hmK.jpg

Here`s a print screen from Elsa if you want to remove the air filter housing for easier access.

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
I think i'll try the same way you did it, It seems a bit long winded to remove the whole air filter housing to get to it! Thanks for the handy screenshot :)

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Just to keep you updated, I've received the part and have tried to fit it but cannot remove the old one! I've had pliers and a flat head trying to remove it but it still wont budge! My cars got a yearly service this week so i'll get them to change it as I don't want to break anything lol

RaoulDK

Nov 21, 2014
Dusseldorf, Germany
That`s odd, mine came out without any struggle. Anyway, I`m sure that the mechanics will change it when you service the car.

It seems that changing mine actually worked, as yesterday was relatively hot and I did not have any problems starting the car. :funk::funk:

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Mines finally been swapped over to the new one! Now I just need so warm weather to test it lol I'm glad its sorted on your end :)

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
I believe it is, It only had problems starting in warm weather (stupid as it sounds) and all its done is rain today so haven't been able to test. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week or so but hopefully I don't have this issue anymore :)

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
It was 24 degrees today and it started up fine for the first time in warm weather! :D

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Will change mine too :) thank you for the location :) The problem started again yesterday, summer is comming and the problen starts :(

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members