Nankang Ns 2 Nealy Got Me Killed

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
With these quoted speeds this will end up in the scrapyard thread before long. Not saying don't speed when it's safe to do so, but it's not wise to publicise the fact on a forum that anyone can access and at those kind of speeds it doesn't take much to rear end anyone.

Triple D

With these quoted speeds this will end up in the scrapyard thread before long. Not saying don't speed when it's safe to do so, but it's not wise to publicise the fact on a forum that anyone can access and at those kind of speeds it doesn't take much to rear end anyone.

You dont need to tell me this matey............. i had a first hand experience when i wrote my car off in feb, driving at silly speeds and then wham, one minute the van was in the middle lane, the next minute i look back and shes in my lane doing 55mph whilst im masively gaining on her, couldnt slow down in time and BANG, straight up her arse then down the embankment.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Exactly. Closing speed at 150 is near enough 100 mph. Frightening. Not saying you were doing that when you had your 'prang' but it takes a really long time to stop from 150.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
Exactly. Closing speed at 150 is near enough 100 mph. Frightening. Not saying you were doing that when you had your 'prang' but it takes a really long time to stop from 150.

the M45 as you get off the m1 has many straight bits and you can spot most things including idiots & the plods from about over two miles.
150 is highly reachable.

Triple D

I know, as i was nearly at those speeds when i had my prang...... belive me, ill not be doing stupid speeds again as it quite literally **** the life out of me when i looked back on the road to see this woman in my lane and thinking "oh ****" couldnt stop intime, cooked the brakes aswell i think, and that was it, just had to prepare myself for impact.

Yes i have had all the greif and "spaniel you idiot" comments.
At the end of the day, i was stupid and paid the price for speeding, luckily nobody was killed but it could have turned out very differently.

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
About 1.6 miles on the A45 after coming off the M45 heading in the direction of coventry city centre i went through an 'S' bend at 80mph and the rear of my was doing the of foxtroth and waltz (SIDE STEPPIING).:drive1:

Good to hear that you came out of it OK.

Is that the section before the roundabout with the Texaco on the other side? I was over there this weekend, quite a lot of surface water!! How bad was it when you were there?

As for the 'hump' on the M45, my V5 always feels like it has hit the bump stops!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.