National mileage register

class2ldn

Jul 7, 2014
sussex
Nope, been onto trading standards via the citizens advice bureau. Spoke to my credit card company about a chargeback and they're sending me some paperwork to fIll in to show the mileage discrepancy on the hpi, also the finance still on the car and the fact it was still advertised for sale after the deposit had been taken.
I did offer to just have £150 back more as a goodwill gesture as hes seems to think I've been wasting his time lol but he's ignoring my emails now so il do it through the appropriate channels and see what comes of it. Had a quote for the cambelt and other bits, well over 500 so maybe it was a good thing. 200 quid is better then over 500

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Nope, been onto trading standards via the citizens advice bureau. Spoke to my credit card company about a chargeback and they're sending me some paperwork to fIll in to show the mileage discrepancy on the hpi, also the finance still on the car and the fact it was still advertised for sale after the deposit had been taken.
I did offer to just have £150 back more as a goodwill gesture as hes seems to think I've been wasting his time lol but he's ignoring my emails now so il do it through the appropriate channels and see what comes of it. Had a quote for the cambelt and other bits, well over 500 so maybe it was a good thing. 200 quid is better then over 500

He said YOU were wasting HIS time!!!! :w4nk:

You paid a deposit in good faith that the car was as described and to remove it from sale.
The car isnt as described.
The car has massive holes in the history
The car has outstanding finance
Aaaaand the car was never taken off sale.

Sounds like this guy needs a reality check!

Or a dry slap.

One or the other.

I rekon you will get that 200 sheets back now you have the big boys imvolved.
Good on you!

Last edited:

class2ldn

Jul 7, 2014
sussex
Cheers mate, if I don't then I don't but I've got to try. He said oh I've had to put other buyers off, funny that noone looks at it before and then the day I want to see it he's had loads of enquiries lmao I told him that's a dealers favourite line and he didn't reply, funny thing was he said go and tell trading standards and they will say he's right to keep it lol somehow I don't think so, especially when they find out that he was selling a car with finance still showing and a mileage discrepancy plus it wasn't taken off sale, he said he took it off autoTrader.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise