Navigation System High now on October Price List

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
sorry, are you saying that the normal satnav unit can be described as '3d'?

The Stealer is describing it as 'DYNAMIC ROUTE GUIDANCE WITH 3D MAP DISPLAY' is the image of the unit.

Look at the video link in Famandy1's post above #65 and compare to your picture. I think the one in picture has a smaller screen...

Last edited:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
sorry, are you saying that the normal satnav unit can be described as '3d'?

yes i am. the 280 i had for an extended test was pre-High option and the map was the usual 2D (from above) and 3D (from behind) like most Garmins, TomToms, etc. i think SEAT's description of the Nav-High's 3D 'feature' is a little misleading and ambiguous because when they've demonstrated it they've only showed 3D buildings superimposed onto the map. however the button on the screen to toggle views is still labelled 2D/3D regardless of any buildings.

Last edited:

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
ah awesome i see. many thanks for the clarification. i hadnt attempted to drive with the satnav whilst on the testdrive but i had a play with it in the showroom so i guess it doesnt go "3d" when you're not moving.
to be honest sat nav is all going to suck compared to google maps. Gutted that this head unit doesnt have android mirror functionality. :(

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
it should still switch between projections regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or not in the same way you can do with a smartphone or regular satnav. 3D building data is usually reserved for the centre of large metropolitan areas.
the satnav is quite good, does what it's supposed to do but it doesn't have camera location data which is an annoyance for unfamiliar areas especially for indicating those planted on dual carriageways set below the national speed limit. i'll probably look at adding a Road Angel rather than relying on my phone.

i must admit Mirrorlink was one of the key reasons i chose the High. i spend a fair bit of time in the car so it seemed a no-brainer especially as id decided on the Sound Pack regardless. With Samsung's recent partnership with SEAT hopefully the system will develop and improve beyond what it offers now.

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
it should still switch between projections regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or not in the same way you can do with a smartphone or regular satnav. 3D building data is usually reserved for the centre of large metropolitan areas.
the satnav is quite good, does what it's supposed to do but it doesn't have camera location data which is an annoyance for unfamiliar areas especially for indicating those planted on dual carriageways set below the national speed limit. i'll probably look at adding a Road Angel rather than relying on my phone.

i must admit Mirrorlink was one of the key reasons i chose the High. i spend a fair bit of time in the car so it seemed a no-brainer especially as id decided on the Sound Pack regardless. With Samsung's recent partnership with SEAT hopefully the system will develop and improve beyond what it offers now.

How do you find the mirror link works in practice ? Could you be the first to review?

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
How do you find the mirror link works in practice ? Could you be the first to review?
i would love to contribute an opinion but i don't have a compatible device yet. im still waiting for some in-depth feedback on the Galaxy S6 next month before i decide which handset to go for.

i should've written "i must admit [the inclusion of] Mirrorlink was one of the key reasons i chose the High." sorry

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
i would love to contribute an opinion but i don't have a compatible device yet. im still waiting for some in-depth feedback on the Galaxy S6 next month before i decide which handset to go for.

i should've written "i must admit [the inclusion of] Mirrorlink was one of the key reasons i chose the High." sorry

Indeed even samsung seats new partner are behind the car technology as such. Samsung ditched mirror link i believe after the s3 phone. S6 gets it, i think...

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Indeed even samsung seats new partner are behind the car technology as such. Samsung ditched mirror link i believe after the s3 phone. S6 gets it, i think...
From what i understand the S5, S6, S6 Edge, Note 4 and Note 4 Edge work. Sony list the S3 and Note 2 as being compatible but need the Samsung Drive app installed before they'll connect.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
From what i understand the S5, S6, S6 Edge, Note 4 and Note 4 Edge work. Sony list the S3 and Note 2 as being compatible but need the Samsung Drive app installed before they'll connect.

Oh right, nice to know. Typical I've just bought a S5mini, and thats big enough for me.

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Just been on the configurator to add Nav System High to Tech pack and it requires you to deselect the DAB option ? Can anyone confirm that Nav System High still has DAB radio (its not listed in the description) and this is just some quirk of the configurator?

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Just been on the configurator to add Nav System High to Tech pack and it requires you to deselect the DAB option ? Can anyone confirm that Nav System High still has DAB radio (its not listed in the description) and this is just some quirk of the configurator?

Nav high wasn't even listed on the configurator a few weeks back. I ordered mine via carwow and it wasn't on there either. The end deals then added on the Nav high.

I hope it has DAB, pretty rubbish if it doesn't.

JimiC, can you confirm please?

Last edited:

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Nav high wasn't even listed on the configurator a few weeks back. I ordered mine via carwow and it wasn't on there either. The end deals then added on the Nav high.

I hope it has DAB, pretty rubbish if it doesn't.

JimiC, can you confirm please?

Been doing some more digging and paper brochure does mention DAB included so should all be ok. I'm popping down the dealers later for a test drive so will ask / play if they've got one in.

Interesting re carwow as I'm looking at going the same route (or use drivethedeal). As you say neither have it is an option so hoped you could just sort with dealer on final order. Seat configurator suggests it adds on £495 over Tech Pack - is this what you found ?

Out of interest when did you place your order & what delivery time are you looking at ?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Been doing some more digging and paper brochure does mention DAB included so should all be ok. I'm popping down the dealers later for a test drive so will ask / play if they've got one in.

Interesting re carwow as I'm looking at going the same route (or use drivethedeal). As you say neither have it is an option so hoped you could just sort with dealer on final order. Seat configurator suggests it adds on £495 over Tech Pack - is this what you found ?

Out of interest when did you place your order & what delivery time are you looking at ?

I found drive the deal to be almost identical to carwow. I went to the cheapest SEAT dealer on car wow, Colchester seat. They (Daren) knew exactly how to add it on. However they have never seen one yet and he is as excited as I am.

From memory, the car was listed with tech pack offer Nav DAB and LED lights. I added spare wheel 18" at £100, then the dealer added on £675 (I think) to get Nav high. This also includes the seat sound which requires the 18" spare.

Cambridge SEAT knew nothing of the high Nav, and gave me a blank face!!!

From the initial 12 week order time it dropped to 10 weeks once confirmed by factory, will know more once it's made in week 17, then approx 3 weeks until it's in UK.

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

I'm now in this boat, now i have the car, waiting a deciding on which phone to go for...

JimiC, i got nothing in print, instructions or the like, for the MirrorLink or Nav high specifically. Only Nav media plus system. I guess it's self explanatory.

Did you?

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
no Kev, i had no specific MirrorLink documentation. there's only a small section in the Nav Plus manual that describes it and it's a very limited description. I was about to jump onto an S6 but i figured with the G4 being barely a few weeks away id wait a little longer.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Thanks jimi, these phones get so big now, soon need another car to carry the mobile ;)

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
lol today's devices are small compared to the motorola's i used in the early 90s :D

Still tiny compared to the early 80's ones, remember my dad had one, was about the size of a car battery, and weighed about as much
O and it only made phone calls, well sometimes it did, if you could find a signal :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members