Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Tell

Staff member
I've read through quite a bit of threads posted on this forum but didn't see anything related to the question that I'm about to asked (if the answer is actually here and I missed it "Sorry").

I've recently moved to France from the USA with my 2017 VW Golf, and have been working with two different gentlemen trying to get my MIB2 based VW Infortaiment Navigation system to recognize the VW SD with European maps loaded. As to not waste your time by posting all of the information related to SDs tried, system data, map versions, etc., I'd thought that I would just asked you up front if you had any experience/knowledge with getting something like this effort to work. Thanks, Ron

You could try what is in this link but not tried it myself but suspect it works, only for you, not the rest. Section

How To: Using Discover Media Navigation System In Non-eu Countries; E.g. Morocco:

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/map-software-update-how-we-did-it.10250/

This is written for the VW Media unit, not the Pro.

If it's the media unit that runs off the SD card then you need your USA card... probably that overall.nds file from that is the key. Then you follow those instructions. I see someone got it working on the UK car in NZ. So you need the US card as the starting point then work through on a mirror image of that mod. Hopefully you have that. The files would be the 1430 download.

This section

4. Rename the relevant Region number folder found inside the 'maps' folder on the SD card to '00'. For example; to use the Region MRM3 SD Card for navigating in Morocco, etc., rename folder '27' to '00'.

This is the change bit 00 is what ever your USA card has for USA and our 00 goes in there :). I've never looked at the non European download but that's the principle.

Assuming it is the standard VW unit ($), get the USA (all world) data back on the card and working, then mod it from there on the principle in the link except your data is in the 00 directory and you are putting into the US directory. Whatever the equivalent of 00 is on your card is where it's going. They say rename. 00 -> xx xx is what's on your US card.

If it's a pro mib2 high (with the SSD) then you need a retrofitter since they are locked down from DIY.

Tell us how it goes.

($) I seem to recall that VW pulled the plug on navigation in the USA and there was a campaign to get updates. I see it's not on the world download. Perhaps your vehicle predates that. If so you would be in luck if it's not the Pro unit and you still have a working card showing the USA and not that your files are not valid.

Oh yes the Mib2 petition

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...American-Map-Updates-for-Discover-Media/page5

Q

1. Is it a standard mib2

2. Do you have the original card that still works without moaning

3. If not was the unit ever activated with a card ?

4. If yes and no card then you need to find the US download VW V1 of mib2 might be a good start or the right one for it if higher, then I reckon you could do the card bought one but you need to look at the file names in the US download. Really you need to get the card bedded in with the US download if you can find it if you haven't got it then the t6forum trick of renaming the 00 to whatever is the US form as shown on the US card or download.

Really need the original card so as to limit things that don't work. I'm sure t6forum trick will work, but tricks before that may not and if a card has never been activated in it, then it's not DIY.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
You could try what is in this link but not tried it myself but suspect it works, only for you, not the rest. Section

How To: Using Discover Media Navigation System In Non-eu Countries; E.g. Morocco:

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/map-software-update-how-we-did-it.10250/

This is written for the VW Media unit, not the Pro.

If it's the media unit that runs off the SD card then you need your USA card... probably that overall.nds file from that is the key. Then you follow those instructions. I see someone got it working on the UK car in NZ. So you need the US card as the starting point then work through on a mirror image of that mod. Hopefully you have that. The files would be the 1430 download.

This section

4. Rename the relevant Region number folder found inside the 'maps' folder on the SD card to '00'. For example; to use the Region MRM3 SD Card for navigating in Morocco, etc., rename folder '27' to '00'.

This is the change bit 00 is what ever your USA card has for USA and our 00 goes in there :). I've never looked at the non European download but that's the principle.

Assuming it is the standard VW unit ($), get the USA (all world) data back on the card and working, then mod it from there on the principle in the link except your data is in the 00 directory and you are putting into the US directory. Whatever the equivalent of 00 is on your card is where it's going. They say rename. 00 -> xx xx is what's on your US card.

If it's a pro mib2 high (with the SSD) then you need a retrofitter since they are locked down from DIY.

Tell us how it goes.

($) I seem to recall that VW pulled the plug on navigation in the USA and there was a campaign to get updates. I see it's not on the world download. Perhaps your vehicle predates that. If so you would be in luck if it's not the Pro unit and you still have a working card showing the USA and not that your files are not valid.

Oh yes the Mib2 petition

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...American-Map-Updates-for-Discover-Media/page5

Q

1. Is it a standard mib2

2. Do you have the original card that still works without moaning

4. If yes and no card then you need to find the US download VW V1 of mib2 might be a good start or the right one for it if higher, then I reckon you could do the card bought one but you need to look at the file names in the US download. Really you need to get the card bedded in with the US download if you can find it if you haven't got it then the t6forum trick of renaming the 00 to whatever is the US form as shown on the US card or download.

Really need the original card so as to limit things that don't work. I'm sure t6forum trick will work, but tricks before that may not and if a card has never been activated in it, then it's not DIY.

Tell,

Thanks for the fast reply, I will give it a try and let you know how it works out. Listed below are the answers to your questions:

1. Is it a standard mib2:

Not sure / The forum list the two different systems as 6PO or 5FO (which it looks like is also listed on the SDs). My North American (NA) SD numbers start with 3G0 919 866, the manual says that the system is a Composition Media, Discover Media (Generation 2), and the specs are Device Part No: 3Q0035876A; Hardware: 840; Software: 0757. My system does not have a SSD.

2. Do you have the original card that still works without moaning:

Yes, I have the original card and a spare VW SD that both still work in the vehicle. With either card in, the navigation system shows me in Europe/France but does not show city/road/street information. If I scroll out I can drill down to the State/City/Highway/Road/Street level in the US, Canada, and Mexico regions.

N/A

4. If yes and no card then you need to find the US download VW V1 of mib2 might be a good start or the right one for it if higher, then I reckon you could do the card bought one but you need to look at the file names in the US download. Really you need to get the card bedded in with the US download if you can find it if you haven't got it then the t6forum trick of renaming the 00 to whatever is the US form as shown on the US card or download:

Just to be clear there are currently two folders in the North America (NA) Maps directory, 01 and EEC. Along with ensuring that the overall.nds file is replaced with the one from the NA Maps, I also need to rename the European maps folder "00" to "01" after the installation.

Tell

Staff member
Tell,

Thanks for the fast reply, I will give it a try and let you know how it works out. Listed below are the answers to your questions:

1. Is it a standard mib2:

Not sure / The forum list the two different systems as 6PO or 5FO (which it looks like is also listed on the SDs). My North American (NA) SD numbers start with 3G0 919 866, the manual says that the system is a Composition Media, Discover Media (Generation 2), and the specs are Device Part No: 3Q0035876A; Hardware: 840; Software: 0757. My system does not have a SSD.

2. Do you have the original card that still works without moaning:

Yes, I have the original card and a spare VW SD that both still work in the vehicle. With either card in, the navigation system shows me in Europe/France but does not show city/road/street information. If I scroll out I can drill down to the State/City/Highway/Road/Street level in the US, Canada, and Mexico regions.

N/A

4. If yes and no card then you need to find the US download VW V1 of mib2 might be a good start or the right one for it if higher, then I reckon you could do the card bought one but you need to look at the file names in the US download. Really you need to get the card bedded in with the US download if you can find it if you haven't got it then the t6forum trick of renaming the 00 to whatever is the US form as shown on the US card or download:

Just to be clear there are currently two folders in the North America (NA) Maps directory, 01 and EEC. Along with ensuring that the overall.nds file is replaced with the one from the NA Maps, I also need to rename the European maps folder "00" to "01" after the installation.

Finessed Reply (editted)

It is a mib2 standard.

I have now replicated the Morocco example and taking a demo road trip in Rabat so know what needs to be changed....

a. we don't know whether yours has unlimited Mapcare as some VW do, it was rolled out to the US but you had to go in for an update or whether you don't have it. The t6forum don't do anything special with it. On UK cars without Mapcare what they say wouldn't work so I have build that step in for good measure, you might be able to get away without it.Step g. below. Test with and without if you like or just do it.

Take a copy of your SD card if you havent already just drag and drop the contents into a suitable directory on your HD. That's the original card.

I also have a copy of the director

C:\Users\bcbcbccb\Original File Fragment To Copy\EEC\EEC_WLD

that's where copy keep a second copy of OVERALL.NDS

that comes in my drive from where I is your SD drive letter

I:\maps\EEC\EEC_WLD

The original SD card. Sits in there, that's the key file if you don't have Mapcare.

b. download the latest 1430 European Map

it's currently this, November 2019 release, VW V12

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1430_V12.7z

(the one on the VW site at the minute is old, they haven't caught up)

[Hopefully you aren't using a Mac else you will have to do the Mac notes see posts 1809/1810 for those. Mac's can introduce characters you don't want (see 1810). Those are the workaround notes but we are adapting them for your requirements !

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-91
].

c. we have downloaded the maps by this stage. Using 7Zip on a PC drag (VAG recommendation for a PC) and drop them to a directory.

I use something like this:

C:\Users\fhfhfhfhhf\Bundle 1 from VW Site DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1430_V12 November 2019 (Preferred)

Then in here is the Maps folder.

d. Rename 00 to 01

You go into Maps and right click 00 and change to 01 (your US card fix)

So you will see in the Maps directory to subdirectories after the renaming

EEC

e. Delete what is on the SD card since you have already taken a copy of it, don't if you haven't, that was step a.

f. now drag and drop your edited Maps directory to the SD card (we have that 01 directory on it to match your US card)

g. we now do the mapcare workaround since we don't know whether you have mapcare on it or not

Under a. we took a copy of the original overall.nds file and put it on the hard drive, you copy that back onto the SD card replacing what you just put on it from the latest release, that does into

I:\maps\EEC\EEC_WLD

where I is your drive letter. It will say overwrite etc you say yes.

h. Click the card to Lock and put in your car. Should work perfectly ;).

You could try missing out step g. and if it blows a raspberry do step g. It would just take that step out if you didn't need to do it. It is most important for your US card that the European 00 directory is labelled 01... assuming it works :). As said I have replicated the t6forum post on Morroco, so I'm sure this will work with your US card.

Assuming they come with 16gb cards in the US so the European maps fits on. If that works then you could move to that Skoda card or try it if you subsequently wanted to drive across Europe when the maps pop 16gb... whenever that might be. If a Skoda card didn't work then you would have to make a gold card with your own CID on it.

Basically what we have done is the workaround posted in 1809 / 1810 but renamed the directory 00 to 01 based on how the t6forum got zone 29 Morocco of the rest of the world to work on our European 00 zone. They went 19 > 00, we are going 00 > 01 on the European maps. If it fits on your card pretty sure it will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
See above I've had the Morocco maps on the European head unit following what the t6forum did, adapted for the workaround without Mapcare. With this I've now edited the above to exactly what you need to do if you have a US VAG card and head and want European Maps. Least I think that's your best chance. I can't see why it won't work. Those same principles should work for any car with sat nav shipped between zones.

We change the 00 directory to 01 in your case and deploy the "workaround" in case your US VW never had Mapcare although not sure of how it would react if you mixed a Europe overall.nds file with a US one. Probably wouldn't like it so you probably need step g. In.

Probably post some pictures on here of the Morocco map for disbelievers ;) - demo drive via the advanced menu. Handy for people who want to add their Leon in the Dakar rally :sleepy:. As per the link it's been used by someone that exported their car to NZ from Europe.

Basically I can't test the 00 -> 01 since I don't have the US VAG equipment or card but did do the Morocco on the 28->00 so must work the same making the US look like Europe... 00->01.

Images attached a Morocco simulated drive and the Map file version I used from the VAG website for the rest of the world on Seat standard unit. For the others in the group you identify the country code.

From Non-European Countries – Bundle 3 - DiscoverMedia2_MRM3_1420_V12 .

Australia, New Zealand, Botswana*, Lesotho*, Mozambique*, Namibia*, South Africa, Swaziland*; Reunion*, Brunei, Indonesia*, Malaysia*, Philippines*, Singapore, Thailand, Egypt*, Algeria*, Bahrain*, Jordan*, Qatar*, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman*, Saudi Arbien*, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates*

*in parts

Other bundle:

Non-European Countries – Bundle 1

Israel*, Argentinia, Brasil, French Guiana*, Guadeloupe*, Martinique*, Mexico, Turkey*

*in parts

Presume the North American one is Bundle 2 which they don't publish.

---

More from the t6forum here but note again they have unlimited mapcare on European VWs, ditto Skoda. Other regions and VAG models have mapcare so the workaround is required:

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/how...system-in-non-eu-countries-e-g-morocco.10331/

If you happen to export your car from Europe to one of these countries you put the 00 in to the country of interest and take mapcare steps if you need to. By process of elimination you'd find the country if it hasn't been published yet. Must have been what the person did in New Zealand.

We don't about North America thou.

Attachments

• 20200225_150003.jpg
    20200225_150003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 213
  • 20200225_145737.jpg
    20200225_145737.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
It is a mib2 standard.

On the last paragraph. Take a copy of the SD card if you havent already. Dont touch the overall.nds file as per the "workaround" since that isn't mentioned in the t6forum. Your overall.nds file is good. Hopefully you aren't using a Mac else you will have to do the Mac notes.

What you have under the Map directory on your US card is

EEC

Europe has

EEC

Don't touch what's in EEC

Go into

01 on yours... That will show cfg too sds

Delete them.

Still within your 01 with a blank level down after the deletion copy the
cfg too sds directories from the Europe 00 directory into there to replace your American ones.

Well that's what the t6forum did applied to a US card..... try it.

Tomorrow I'll try their Morroco one. Then I might play with the overall file to see whether there might be different way to do it. I think the overall file points to what's in those lower directory 01 in your case so the workaround doesn't work but the t6forum will one will. I can't see swapping them around for a US card would be different. Assuming they come with 16gb cards in the US so the European maps fit on. If that works then you could move to that Skoda card or try it if you subsequently wanted to drive across Europe when the maps pop 16gb... whenever that might be.

If your US card is less than 16gb then you could try the Skoda 32gb. This is where we don't really know what the end characters of the CID do or whether they don't mean anything too much. Thinking they could limit the card to Europe heads... Not known.

Catch up Tuesday.

Feb 24, 2020
Well I followed your instructions:

1. Backed up data from original North America (NA) SDs

2. Downloaded DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1430_V12.7z from VW DiscoverCare to G/Discovercare/Data folder on my Windows based computer
3. Unzipped the above file to my hard drive DiscoverCare/Data folder
4. Renamed the DiscoverCare/Data/maps/00 folder to 01
5. Inserted unlocked original NA SD in the computer and deleted the maps folder
6. Copied maps folder from HD DiscoverCare/Data folder to the SD
7. Copied original overall.nds from backed up copy to maps/EEC/EEC_WLD on NA SD
8. Confirmed file structure on NA SD
9. Ejected SD and locked SD
10. Reset Infotainment system using Power Button hold method
11. Inserted SD in slot 1 of MIB2 and received "The navigation data in the Infotainment system is not valid. Please check data." error.
12. Tried power button reset a couple more times, and inserting SD in slot 2. Received same invalid data error.

Any other ideas...

FYI - I've included a couple of pics that show that the original NA SD is operational

IMG 2119 is a pic of the error
IMG 2120 is what I show when using original NA map, shows that the car is in France
IMG 2017 to 2072 shows that original NA map SD is able to see US States/Cities/Roads

Thanks,

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2072.jpg
    IMG_2072.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 172

Tell

Staff member
Hmmm.

Unless anybody can spot anything else.

You could try the European overall.nds file from the Europe download just in case it behaves differently with the US one although perhaps unlikely. Weird that the rest of world files work with the European one but not the other way round.

It is quite sensitive to the odd mistake, either works or it doesn't. You could try your other card.

Given that VW pulled out of mib2 discover media updates in North America one wonders whether there was an issue with the product rather than the lack of interest in North American maps.

Feels a bit like clutching at straws you could try the European download keeping the region as 00 but with your overall.nds file. There was an assumption that it looked into the 01 directory. Perhaps it doesn't. The Morroco fudge was to put 28 into the European 00 directory given it was configured that way.

From

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...American-Map-Updates-for-Discover-Media/page6

Seems Mapcare wasn't rolled out to all units. Did you get your second card activated ?.

Might be a back burner thing if one doesn't spot a mistake or make a break through.

I wouldn't mind looking at the North American version if any one can find it online.

Feb 24, 2020
Hmmm.

Unless anybody can spot anything else.

You could try the European overall.nds file from the Europe download just in case it behaves differently with the US one although perhaps unlikely. Weird that the rest of world files work with the European one but not the other way round.

It is quite sensitive to the odd mistake, either works or it doesn't. You could try your other card.

Given that VW pulled out of mib2 discover media updates in North America one wonders whether there was an issue with the product rather than the lack of interest in North American maps.

Feels a bit like clutching at straws you could try the European download keeping the region as 00 but with your overall.nds file. There was an assumption that it looked into the 01 directory. Perhaps it doesn't. The Morroco fudge was to put 28 into the European 00 directory given it was configured that way.

From

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...American-Map-Updates-for-Discover-Media/page6

Seems Mapcare wasn't rolled out to all units. Did you get your second card activated ?.

Might be a back burner thing if one doesn't spot a mistake or make a break through.

I wouldn't mind looking at the North American version if any one can find it online.

Tell,

I did try my other NS SD (I installed European software version 1410 on it), and I received the same invalid data error. I'll try the second SD with the 1430 software version and see if that will work. Funny, I checked the System Information and it does show that the European software as being loaded.

Note: I did not have the second card activated, it was a ebay purchased card.

Attachments

• IMG_2329 (1).jpg
    IMG_2329 (1).jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2330 (1).jpg
    IMG_2330 (1).jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 178

Tell

Staff member
Tell,

I did try my other NS SD (I installed European software version 1410 on it), and I received the same invalid data error. I'll try the second SD with the 1430 software version and see if that will work. Funny, I checked the System Information and it does show that the European software as being loaded.

The work around using your overall.nds file bypasses the need to have it activated. That's assuming the workaround works the same on US cards as European ones. So you would use your original overall.nds North American one although I'm not holding out high hopes on that.

Tell

Staff member
More reading I see mib2 North American maps must have been relaunched again after they were pulled from marketing. There are no download files for them it's a dealer visit to get a card and activation suggests that Mapcare isn't supported.

Critical that you dont mess up your backup given you can't download them.

When it identified the 1430 maps it means it read them in. Presume in the 01 directory. Expect it would not do that if you had then in the 00. So finding them means it's found them and if it's in the 01 directory and not 00 it's looking in the place we would expect.

There is that post I cited above where the CID was zero filled and they seemed to suggest it released card restrictions. Post 2074.

This one

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=https://www.a3-club.net/forum/showthread.php?128826-Audi-MIB-nawigacja-MIB/page11

It could be the CID on the card restricting you to North American maps whilst this isnt the case for the European card on Rest of the World maps. Thus if there were no other issues and you want to continue this then the best bet is to go down the "gold card" route. Post 1972

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-99

So you have your North American card working again, restored the files so the unit is happy with it. Then clone it. Then edit the CID with the zero fill as talked about. See whether that helps. It is clutching a bit at straws but that post does suggest that zero filling removes restrictions on regions. Could be a red herring thou.

It also revolves around your original overall.nds file whether the firmware in your unit behaves the same as European firmware and they haven't triggered the file off at a different position. Exciter noted that each release moved down a bit in its location in the file of whatever it was doing which might be the key of how it works. But nobody from what I've read has decoded it, least in 2017. It uses a key. Heuristic solution was found by Exciter with some analysis whilst Notoben was busy trying to decode it when Exciter arrived on the thread. He used Binwalk which presumably pointed everything at the file.

Post 541

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-28

So it could be that the North American file belongs to a different starting point in validation or it's reading the CID last strings of characters that steer the unit - that's what was suggested in the link above. Zero fill is said to stop that.

I haven't found a download of the North American maps, 2019 is out there but a site wanted a fee to give the link so didn't bother. Would be interesting to find out whether European units can read those files since it can read the rest of the rest of the world ones.

Lastly the other thing you could test is whether your overall.nds file from NAR card that works copied to the following year(s) NAR card "un activated" makes it work. If not then clearly the behaviour of the North American cards is different from the European ones.

Last edited:

bahyr

Jun 26, 2019
My MIB2 unit is from 15/16 (week/year) - retrofit in progress .
It came without SD card so I get one 6P0.919.866M - v4. But it seems it was too new, may be the original one was v3.
So I use overall.nds v1 from 0430_MP143-1248.0EUR and it work.
Probably v1 overall.nds will work in all cases.

Edit: latest 1430 map with v1 overall.nds work like a charm.
So combination latest map + v1 overall.nds will work on each MIB2 units regardless of the year of production.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
My MIB2 unit is from 15/16 (week/year) - retrofit in progress .
It came without SD card so I get one 6P0.919.866M - v4. But it seems it was too new, may be the original one was v3.
So I use overall.nds v1 from 0430_MP143-1248.0EUR and it work.
Probably v1 overall.nds will work in all cases.

That's the recommendation. Historic ones work from the one activated. It's a feature of mapcare on the high so deduced it would be the same with the standard. You can always load up old maps. We did a few tests. So if in doubt go back to V1 if you have lost the file.

Tell

Staff member
Tell,

Get those two cards back to how they were with the NAR maps and the working one working, then do the overall.nds copy on the working one to the one that isn't activated. If that one works (unactivated) then we know that the workaround works on NAR cards. Then the only question then is whether the file contents is positioned differently than the European ones or whether those rear CID codes have a bearing on it. Then it's cloning the CID and doing an edit to zero fill the rear part as that link and test that. Assuming the person was right that said zero filling made a difference on the behaviour of the card in the unit. If you zero fill and the cloned card doesn't work then you know no point in going further. Cloned NAR v Cloned modded NAR, if both work then try the workaround with your working NAR overall.nds plus the country code edit on the European map. By that stage you will have exhausted the possibilities as we know them.

That's a £40 outlay on a "gold card" 2015 Samsung Evo 32gb SD card but sold as editable CID and a laptop with the SD reader directly connected to the motherboard (they all do if built into a laptop) - via the link I gave to make a boot Ubuntu USB and to use the routines for the task. Not too difficult if you follow the guidance.

Failing that you need a well equipped VAG retro-fitter then to try to enable a European card / basically alter the FeCs and you might need European firmware if what's installed is specific to US VWs. That would be googling your firmware code to identify it to country. Any French ebay retro-fitters selling units may have the equipment / software if it's like the UK. Tend to be East European speakers where the expertise is. People you would need to speak too.

Tell

Staff member
Poinspector & My19 / My20 Unit 877 / 877A units - Some Progress but needs testing before it goes in the program, Post 155

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....-update-site-again.444799/page-8#post-4911333

Previously some interest in getting speed camera database and POIs on this thread into the My19 / My20 wifi units with the part number finishing in 877 and 877A. It appears that a solution has been found, Seat never told anybody it had come up with more internal part numbers of the unit. The German Ateca board stumbled over it and edited them into the SCDB subscription database they use over there. You need to recompute the SLA1 checksum.

Given details of this workaround on the thread above so anyone who had tried but found they couldn't have another go. It wants testing then Radas the programmer of Poinspector will build it in so you don't have to do the extra donkey work.

Tell

Staff member
Poinspector 6.m / Speedcamera export program recompiled was released on 2nd March which now fixes the issue for My19 / My20 cars with the 877 / 877A units (no hand editting is required on the output). Positive report from Cornishlad with an 877A.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vw-pulled-the-update-site-again.444799/page-9

I'm just waiting for a positive report from any one with an 877, then I'll edit the warnings out of the top of the thread. The revised program is fine on a standard unit not of that specific unit and also the plus (high) tested them :).

I know some of you splashed out your £10 for Poinspector and took out the GPS Work Speed camera token annual cost on this thread and were disappointed before we found out there was an issue with the standard unit WiFi unit (877 / 877A) importing any POI files... So sorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slickric21
Mar 6, 2020
Hi!

My system: 6P0 , Seat Leon ST 2019, no mapcare.

Can i update navigation system?
Can i Use Skoda or VW maps, or only Seat maps?

Thanks,
Sorry my bad english..

Tell

Staff member
See post 2075 above. That link to the how to do it and current maps.

Release 1430 are the current maps. If all of the VAG group were up to date it would be the same file. It's all identical. Seat just publishes late and doesn't have the online repository of files to get you out of a pickle if you dont follow the "work around" instructions. 2075 also gives you help on that if you go off track...

Mar 6, 2020
See post 2075 above. That link to the how to do it and current maps.

Release 1430 are the current maps. If all of the VAG group were up to date it would be the same file. It's all identical. Seat just publishes late and doesn't have the online repository of files to get you out of a pickle if you dont follow the "work around" instructions. 2075 also gives you help on that if you go off track...
Thanks!!!

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Ok good. That's improved the knowledge base. I thought you could go backwards with the overall.nds file if it followed the same design as how mib2 high works. What that means for anyone in a similar position would be to take the file from an early release rather than try to guess which release it was. Then just use that with the latest download.

All good stuff. I guess all these cards have a recognised VAG CID on them. This is probably why Exciter scrubbed out the CID in the image since he knew it was useable if you went down the gold card route.

Oh well I've bought the 32gb Skoda card for 2020 off eBay for the hell of it :).
32GB Version 2020 SKODA GEN2 MIB2 (Amundsen 2) Card Sat Nav SD Navigation. That would be the option for those that want to drive across Europe when the all Europe map pops 16GB.

Card arrived made in Germany by Swissbit.

Let you know how it goes. Partner won't be a happy bunny if I mess their system up. Never drive across Europe in that car in any case, backache.

Tell, is your new card part number ending in ‘BJ’ and do you know what the difference is between the ‘BJ’ and ‘BG’ cards? Ebay sellers are showing ‘BJ’ in some of the pictures but quoting ‘BG’ in the description.

I fancy trying one but don’t want to purchase the wrong one.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.