Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
I was getting exactly same error.

Just get a normal 32GB SD card, format it to FAT32, and then unzip the navi files and copy everything inside the SD's root. at the end try to upgrade it again.

There is nothing to "upgrade". It sounds like you're talking about the Navigation Plus system, which as a built-in hard drive. I'm talking about Media System Plus which includes the basic Navigation system. The maps are read from the SD card directly - "upgrading" is simply putting in an SD card with newer maps on it....which doesn't work.

Tell

Staff member
Ah navigation plus I'm interested in that since that's what I'm having on my Ateca. Anyhow I thought the map files were held on custom SD cards that locked the card to the car hence why you wouldn't want to swap the card out and copied the contents. That one is more for the non plus setup.

Alakiha

Sep 21, 2015
Finland
There is nothing to "upgrade". It sounds like you're talking about the Navigation Plus system, which as a built-in hard drive. I'm talking about Media System Plus which includes the basic Navigation system. The maps are read from the SD card directly - "upgrading" is simply putting in an SD card with newer maps on it....which doesn't work.

Yes, mine is Navigation system plus/high. Sorry I didn't know yours is the normal one.

Tell

Staff member
Alakiha comes from Finland reading the details. Has anybody managed in the UK with a UK spec car upgraded their maps with the Navigation Plus not the Media Plus. The fancy one costs enough so you would think you would get something extra for it or is all of this thread about the Media Plus ?. Costs enough like Seat charge you effectively the cost of the system again if you spec the Navigation rather than the one thrown in as far as the Ateca is concerned. It's said to be faster and I'm hoping the destination limits are bigger. I now have a sneaky suspicion that the gap between the two systems delivered in 8" form is not that great, but we will see. No Juke box and Grace Notes, Carnet etc it isn't a Navigation Plus.

Last edited:

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
Did the computer gurus at the begining of this thread ever have any success. Reading back on it they started to make some in-roads then it went quiet on the 'hacking' theory.

Tell

Staff member
The thread probably needs to be subdivided into the actual navigation system, year and model. There was some success where people just bought a completely new card and put it in rather than an upgrade. Personally I don't think you need map upgrades that often, once every three years is probably sufficient. Nice to get them quicker, but Seat / VW look like a rip off compared with smartphone / tablet solutions. I think for the PCP fraternity that change their car every three years or so, they probably don't need upgrades. It's us people that keep them for the life of the car or those buying them second hand that do. This may be where Seat UK are coming from with not offering the satnav care plan and just keeping the prices high.

simonsaunders

Jan 5, 2016
I don't much like Apple maps, but use it every single time in preference to the built in nav on my 2016 Cupra.

Well worth pursuing Full Link connectivity over and above a (paid for) map update IMO. Just my tuppence.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Hi, i recently tried to update the sat nav, had a back up of the sd card on a laptop but the laptop has went on the blink.

does anyone have a copy of the 5f0 919 866 e v3 files that they could share with me at all?

even though it might not work going by previous posts id like to try it

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
Hi, i recently tried to update the sat nav, had a back up of the sd card on a laptop but the laptop has went on the blink.

does anyone have a copy of the 5f0 919 866 e v3 files that they could share with me at all?

even though it might not work going by previous posts id like to try it

Mine is 5F0919866F so doesn't quite match.

stevenc152

Nov 15, 2016
Dont suppose you still have the original files that came on that SD Card you could sharre?

Unfortunately I don't, I just got this car and the files seem to be corrupt as it cuts out, I however have been in touch with customer services as they have said your car may have the package for updating them when it was sold, I suggest contacting them on twitter and giving them your reg to check.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Unfortunately I don't, I just got this car and the files seem to be corrupt as it cuts out, I however have been in touch with customer services as they have said your car may have the package for updating them when it was sold, I suggest contacting them on twitter and giving them your reg to check.

I phoned them last week complaining about the site saying that you can do it yourself but it doesn't work, but they weren't very helpful might try twitter at some point if i cannot get a hold of the file i need

stevenc152

Nov 15, 2016
I phoned them last week complaining about the site saying that you can do it yourself but it doesn't work, but they weren't very helpful might try twitter at some point if i cannot get a hold of the file i need

From what I can see it is misleading as the maps to download only fit the new model and doesn't tell you how to do this. I took a SD card and done it with the new maps, get theres an error each time.

There is no difference in terms of SD card against the Seat ones just a picture.

Hey, If i get new maps from them ill upload it. Still waiting on a reply from them checking my reg.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
From what I can see it is misleading as the maps to download only fit the new model and doesn't tell you how to do this. I took a SD card and done it with the new maps, get theres an error each time.

There is no difference in terms of SD card against the Seat ones just a picture.

Hey, If i get new maps from them ill upload it. Still waiting on a reply from them checking my reg.

Cheers dude that would be great if they give you them

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members