Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Yes - i have the same as you and i have lost mirror link.

looked at the alarms after a scan Got a fault code on unit 5F "Checking Software version Management" -
Fault code : B201A00
Priority: 6

To remove the SVM fault code;-
VCDS CODING
1.5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2. Note your current coding
3.Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4.Calculation: (current coding) XOR C9D2
5.Change the adaptation channel to the new (just calculated) code
6.VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7.Check for fault codes (generated by the update) and clear them (software version, interrupted communication, etc.)
8.Note that VCDS shows your code on the adaptation channel with a space ('xx xx' format).You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code. At the point you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):

•'1A 1A' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
•1A1A XOR C9D2 equals D3C8
•Enter it as 'D3 C8' (with space) on the adaptation channel
•If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (if it's 0AFB for example calculate with AFB)

Thanks - Just tried it and I'm getting 4324 - doesnt look right to me - but maybe it is, I just dont want to enter something wrong,

I get the same value of 43 24 using your 8A F6.

Don't know how to do it with OBD eleven.

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
To remove the SVM fault code;-
VCDS CODING
1.5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2. Note your current coding
3.Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4.Calculation: (current coding) XOR C9D2
5.Change the adaptation channel to the new (just calculated) code
6.VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7.Check for fault codes (generated by the update) and clear them (software version, interrupted communication, etc.)
8.Note that VCDS shows your code on the adaptation channel with a space ('xx xx' format).You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code. At the point you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):

•'1A 1A' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
•1A1A XOR C9D2 equals D3C8
•Enter it as 'D3 C8' (with space) on the adaptation channel
•If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (if it's 0AFB for example calculate with AFB)

Thanks - Just tried it and I'm getting 4324 - doesnt look right to me - but maybe it is, I just dont want to enter something wrong,

I get the same value of 43 24 using your 8A F6.

Don't know how to do it with OBD eleven.

Done that and it also worked perfectly.

Went for an run to school to pick up children. When I got home I checked the errors, none recorded. RESULT.

Reactions: Walone

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, since i have updated to 1030, navigation is ok but i have a default on the vcds scan.

2571 - Systèm navigation
B126C F2 [008]

I tried to modify the hex value but when i validate, the value doesnt change. Is the new value taken into a count even if it doesnt change ? Thanks

Tell

Staff member
I seem to recall it doesn't change when I did mine but it does go away when you recheck

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-2

Post #35 if it's that one. I used the Audi forum script if we are not at cross purposes rather than other methods.

Still bleeping is the operative thing that happens if it doesnt take the code, but the code reappears as you say. This was when I triggered an SVM by changing the maps of a Plus unit but reckon it will be the same if you change component parts of the standard unit.

Last edited:

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for your message. The procedure is the same as mentionned above #1181. I entered the hex code with space (XX XX) with vcds. There is no "ding", so i suppose the value looks good. But i still have the default code. I will do the procedure again later, i will see.

Tell

Staff member
That was the Obdeleven way of doing things which gives the feedback via the ding... think that is via the app. Getting an alternative way of doing things is useful if the first way is problematic :). Dealers will ignore that code and system will work fine with that error.

oldtimer

Mar 3, 2008
Wales
Previous owner has left a few destinations on the navigation in my car, how do you delete them ? I can't find anything in the handbook ( unless I've missed it )

Tell

Staff member
There are two types of destination

• Stored destinations
  • recent / last destinations

Stored destinations can be deleted as per Seat Infotainment manial via

Press on the Destination to display the function but-
tons.
 Delete destination.

For last / recent destination it isn't the same you press the button, no option. I know this one has come up on boards before. I keep off factory resets / memory management delete / reset button but you might find that does the trick.

I'm not going to accidentally delete my destination list to test what it does. Either way last destinations get pushed off the list eventually since it can only hold so many, I just leave them. I guess for people with a double life they have mastered this part of the navigation or use Google Maps...

Last edited:

oldtimer

Mar 3, 2008
Wales
Thanks for that, I guess I will just leave them, manufacturers should remember people change cars and make it easy to remove stuff a previous owner left behind.

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,

I am still trying to remove the SVM fault code (for the v1030 VW navigation), with VCDS, according to the method described on the top of this page but there is still the error on the 5F module.
I have also installed the v915 official from SEAT but i have still a SVM fault code and still not able to remove it.

The method is working for everyone (XXXX XOR XXXX), or some people have issue to remove it ?

Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I've just started to update the maps from 0122 to 0169 (2018/2019) on my MIB2 High, don't know how long it's going to take so put the battery on charge just in case.

Tell

Staff member
It's on 68% now! Yippee!

Have you a secret that I don't have without Mapcare ?.

It takes about 50 mins in the backend (SWDL) expect you'll be disappointed without Mapcare or one of those fiddled with unit (retrofit).

Keep off the Navdb database and you can update everything else except the maps else it locks you out without Mapcare or a fiddled with unit. Then you restore the release you had (122 or before) just the NavDB.

Perhaps you have reached nirvana... still working on it. Need a divine inspiration on the SHA1 key or some other secret.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Hi,

I am still trying to remove the SVM fault code (for the v1030 VW navigation), with VCDS, according to the method described on the top of this page but there is still the error on the 5F module.
I have also installed the v915 official from SEAT but i have still a SVM fault code and still not able to remove it.

The method is working for everyone (XXXX XOR XXXX), or some people have issue to remove it ?

Thanks

Works fine with Obdeleven on a mib2 high. I know at one point VCDS didn't work, it was an Obdeleven only thing. You need to check that with mib2 standard and version you have I reckon.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Have you a secret that I don't have without Mapcare ?.

It takes about 50 mins in the backend (SWDL) expect you'll be disappointed without Mapcare or one of those fiddled with unit (retrofit).

Keep off the Navdb database and you can update everything else except the maps else it locks you out without Mapcare or a fiddled with unit. Then you restore the release you had (122 or before) just the NavDB.

Perhaps you have reached nirvana... still working on it. Need a divine inspiration on the SHA1 key or some other secret.

Will PM you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.