Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

PeterPetrus

Feb 13, 2019
Tell how much do you think will ask Seat dealers for a software update ? and what do you think abut full link ? is it worth it ? i heard that it will not show the identical copy/display of the phone and the app are different . Thank you

Tell

Staff member
Tell how much do you think will ask Seat dealers for a software update ? and what do you think abut full link ? is it worth it ? i heard that it will not show the identical copy/display of the phone and the app are different . Thank you

I pass on how a dealer firmware update works whether they will cave in and give you it for a price in relation to the previous conversation - you would have to ask a dealer. Some people love full link others don't - it's a matter of taste. I prefer the cars inbuilt integrated navigation system rather than something patched onto it.

I tend to think if you drive in urban areas on commuter runs then Google might be useful in some instances in the UK where TMC might not be updated quick enough although other people say WAZE gives them errors over Google. 4G is patchy where I live so it's all a bit academic. Full Link is sold by Seat as a poor man's choice in the lower price range unit, with navigation + plus full link in the next model up (Mib2 Standard) and the Plus (Mib2 High) above that until they stopped selling that one on Seat's, Cupras only now for a Mib2 High least in the UK market.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Updated my maps today using the Heremaps download then replacing the Overall.nds file from my old one.

Worked perfectly.

Just waiting for my OBDeleven to be delivered then I'll be doing the software updates too.
41dff7b5d9f2a3ef32cfdbb12be1c388.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PeterPetrus

Feb 13, 2019
Updated my maps today using the Heremaps download then replacing the Overall.nds file from my old one.

Worked perfectly.

Just waiting for my OBDeleven to be delivered then I'll be doing the software updates too.

Hi .Please let us know if you manage and if possible make some photo/video . Thank you .

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Mib2 Standard uses the CID so I guess Mib1 does as well. If you go back to January 2017 and on if not a bit before Exciter describes to Notabenem using Linux to clone the CID which he did and using the workaround for Mib2 standard got himself a cloned card. Exciter is the accredited person on workaround.

I've also read of a Windows software tool that will clone the CID, apparently the commands aren't in regular Windows.

https://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=87540

Operator error on my part delayed the experiment... oops. I probably won't be allowed to touch the unit again. The SD card fell in a tricky place... now sorted:). Was interested in that for testing out versions of Mib2 Standard releases and SD cards do get corrupted... just nice to have that back up. Such a clone will only work on your unit.

Bad news nobody has been able to update a mib1 standard using DIY of recent. Some people so it appeared in 2016 had success by buying cards, other didn't. They couldn't reproduce what other people had done which was basically putting in a bought card, normally these have to be put on ODIS to register them in at the dealers. That's all in the thread.

Then there was one guy in East Europe who was trying to setup a business by getting people to send their units to him for the update. These are all retrofit procedures. I guess there are retrofitters about in the UK that can do this process on a Mib1. I don't think I ever got out of them whether after his process you could update the map again and again yourself or whether he just unlocked it for the update. So there is the cost effectiveness of that one against paying for the update. Some recent posts on that one of a garage mib1 standard map update.

Hope that helps.

Thats a little bit confusing to be honest.

Tell

Staff member
Thats a little bit confusing to be honest.

I was saving the bad news up to last as far as Mib1 Standard is concerned :). Sorry. Didn't want to disappoint.

Obviously there will be alot of these Mib1 standard units around which people can't update themselves without a visit to the dealers since Seat UK still refuses to offer Mapcare at a nominal price as they do in the rest of Europe. In the future there will be a lot of Cupra owners with Mib2 Highs frustrated as I was plus a few posters on here with Mib2 High. The only people who aren't frustrated are Mib2 Standard people.

As far as copying the SD card fully for backup (cloning including the CID) that's pretty technical and to my knowledge on the thread was only done by Exciter who provided the workaround with a PC booted to Linux. I gave you that other thread which I've not tried myself for anybody else to experiment. Backuping the card is suppose to only work with certain brands and years of a card and "gold cards".

VAG don't expect you need to back up a card in normal use which includes updating. Although if you have found an SD card to fail you may feel more comfortable to be able to back up the contents plus the CID. I have not read of anybody having a cars sat nav card fail due to a corrupted SD card. Had one micro SD raspberry Pi cards fail myself so I do back those up now but that does not use the CID of the card. That was probably getting to it's limits of RW. Plus one phone micro SD card which was a counterfeit as it turned out bought from Amazon marketplace, refunded - turned out to be classic one described by people on the net.

Last edited:

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire

Worked perfectly.

SO it hasn't quite worked "perfectly"

The nav works and everything is good but I get an error code stored for "Navigation Database Missing or Incorrect" (one of the two)
It's not the end of the world but any way to get around it?

Tell

Staff member
SO it hasn't quite worked "perfectly"

The nav works and everything is good but I get an error code stored for "Navigation Database Missing or Incorrect" (one of the two)
It's not the end of the world but any way to get around it?

Is that error reported via Obdeleven ?. I didnt get any error code reported via Obdeleven after I installed the all Europe maps from the VW site on a mib2 standard that replaced the one before. Some people in the past report SVM errors but I didn't get any. May be for those if they don't get it right first time it generates an SVM error.

SVM means a software version management error, these can be cleared (generally). Not sure whether this is what you are reporting. Must admit I didn't have access to a standard unit till January so I was part expecting to see the SVM error that people had talk about who ran an error check, but no. Those aren't really a problem but can't be cleared until you go through a process. On the High I live with mine :). Got rid of it once but after the retrofit more stubborn to remove.

The unit will be less forgiving if you don't use the original SD card or don't copy the NDS file correctly back over. Someone in the past copied the whole directory that contained the NDS file rather just the file. Assuming the error isn't thrown up on the infotainment screen itself ?.

Have you got a screenshot ?.

Reactions: PeterPetrus

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Is that error reported via Obdeleven ?. I didnt get any error code reported via Obdeleven after I installed the all Europe maps from the VW site on a mib2 standard that replaced the one before. Some people in the past report SVM errors but I didn't get any. May be for those if they don't get it right first time it generates an SVM error.

SVM means a software version management error, these can be cleared (generally). Not sure whether this is what you are reporting. Must admit I didn't have access to a standard unit till January so I was part expecting to see the SVM error that people had talk about who ran an error check, but no. Those aren't really a problem but can't be cleared until you go through a process. On the High I live with mine :). Got rid of it once but after the retrofit more stubborn to remove.

The unit will be less forgiving if you don't use the original SD card or don't copy the NDS file correctly back over. Someone in the past copied the whole directory that contained the NDS file rather just the file. Assuming the error isn't thrown up on the infotainment screen itself ?.

Have you got a screenshot ?.
Yeah the error was with OBDeleven.
I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow when I scan the car again/do some coding.

I'm using the original SD card and only copied over the Overall.NDS file.

Reactions: Tell

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I scanned the car again this morning and here is the error code and description as shown in OBDeleven.
There is no errors shown on the MIB2 screen.
10dfe506d787de29c6b1bd82b755d55d.jpg
743afe00b1c2c52af3de025c1967195c.jpg

Tell

Staff member
I scanned the car again this morning and here is the error code and description as shown in OBDeleven.
There is no errors shown on the MIB2 screen.
10dfe506d787de29c6b1bd82b755d55d.jpg
743afe00b1c2c52af3de025c1967195c.jpg

In post 682

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-35

Although if you follow threw the solution wasn't found on that bit

B126CF2 - Navigation system - Navigation database not enabled

At one stage I thought this was an SVM error since I had both together on my high unit. But the B126CF2 was due to me introducing a different database and SVM B201A00 was due to me changing the software. Since its not reported as B201A00 then I don't think you got that.

So yes it has been reported in the past with the Mib2 Standard on this thread. Begs the question of why I didn't get it when I did the update since I was half expecting to find it. Wondering whether this may be something to do with the one year Mapcare they throw in, in the UK so people don't moan about getting a new car with old maps. 2019 Arona. I didnt bother to try that, I just did the workaround. Is yours beyond one year. I suspect there are a lot of people driving around with that error but don't know they have it who don't do VCDS scanning.

You didn't try it without the workaround first, then executed the workaround ?. With that error generated first by it finding the new NDS file, then you copied the old one in, but that error stuck although it started working ?.

You could try reverting back to the original maps, seeing whether it goes, then update again. I did turn infotainment unit off so it wasn't hot booting into the new maps. Unless you took the laptop out to the car and kept the radio on, it would power down - clutching at straws now.

Although they are all Mib2 Standards they will be running on different firmware which could cause different behaviour to the workaround. Perhaps someone has found a solution.

Would interesting if it resets itself if you revert back. SVM errors don't.

Last edited:

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
In post 682

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-35

Although if you follow threw the solution wasn't found on that bit

B126CF2 - Navigation system - Navigation database not enabled

At one stage I thought this was an SVM error since I had both together on my high unit. But the B126CF2 was due to me introducing a different database and SVM B201A00 was due to me changing the software. Since its not reported as B201A00 then I don't think you got that.

So yes it has been reported in the past with the Mib2 Standard on this thread. Begs the question of why I didn't get it when I did the update since I was half expecting to find it. Wondering whether this may be something to do with the one year Mapcare they throw in, in the UK so people don't moan about getting a new car with old maps. 2019 Arona. I didnt bother to try that, I just did the workaround. Is yours beyond one year. I suspect there are a lot of people driving around with that error but don't know they have it who don't do VCDS scanning.

You didn't try it without the workaround first, then executed the workaround ?. With that error generated first by it finding the new NDS file, then you copied the old one in, but that error stuck although it started working ?.

You could try reverting back to the original maps, seeing whether it goes, then update again. I did turn infotainment unit off so it wasn't hot booting into the new maps. Unless you took the laptop out to the car and kept the radio on, it would power down - clutching at straws now.

Although they are all Mib2 Standards they will be running on different firmware which could cause different behaviour to the workaround. Perhaps someone has found a solution.

Would interesting if it resets itself if you revert back. SVM errors don't.

As I'm using the original SD card I don't think it can be that.
Straight after downloading the new maps I deleted the Overall.NDS file from the maps and added a copy of my original one.

I'll reload my old ones and see if it returns, then reload the new ones.

I may also try using the Skoda or VW map downloads instead.

I'm not too worried about the error as the navigation works fine. it would just be nice to have 0 error codes.

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Has anyone got a link to the latest 6PO maps? The site I was using previously (here navigation) shows up as error 404 when clicking the download.

Tell

Staff member
Has anyone got a link to the latest 6PO maps? The site I was using previously (here navigation) shows up as error 404 when clicking the download.

That site comes and goes I'd just take it from this list and be done with it:

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vw...edc&navi=19e5c80f-ca98-4776-8981-3aee228c0e5a

I'd recommend the whole of Europe bundle rather than Europe divided into 5 or so regions. They messed the release up then put a whole of Europe release out. It won't say 6P on it but it will work.

I have given the direct links out before.

Post 1305 starts the link out to the 2019-20 release for November.

Direct link to the version 1 Europe map for all of Europe is this

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1115_V10.7z

Updated: : 10/1/18 (European 1/10/2018)
File format: : 7-Zip
Coverage: :
Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia (Former Republic of Yugoslavia)*, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine*, United Kingdom, Vatican City

* in parts

Reactions: Rob G

Tell

Staff member
As I'm using the original SD card I don't think it can be that.
Straight after downloading the new maps I deleted the Overall.NDS file from the maps and added a copy of my original one.

I'll reload my old ones and see if it returns, then reload the new ones.

I may also try using the Skoda or VW map downloads instead.

I'm not too worried about the error as the navigation works fine. it would just be nice to have 0 error codes.

The release I used was for the whole of Europe with the link I just posted:

Direct link to bundle 1 download file

Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia (Former Republic of Yugoslavia)*, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine*, United Kingdom, Vatican City

* in parts

I'd use that, it won't say 6P on it but it didn't through up errors. As you read on the thread above someone edited theirs so it said 6P the Seat subsidiary but I wouldn't bother.
Screenshot_20190219-152729.png

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
The release I used was for the whole of Europe with the link I just posted:

Direct link to bundle 1 download file

* in parts

I'd use that, it won't say 6P on it but it didn't through up errors View attachment 4781

I'll give it a download tonight and try again tomorrow

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
@Tell youst to notify you about my problem about MapCare few pages ago in this thread. Dealer install MapCare document into my unit(It is three diferent set of numbers) and Im update my unit myself to last version(175) ...
Thanks for your help with link to MapCare part number that Im request it from dealer... Im sorry that this is not availible in UK ...

Tell

Staff member
@Tell youst to notify you about my problem about MapCare few pages ago in this thread. Dealer install MapCare document into my unit(It is three diferent set of numbers) and Im update my unit myself to last version(175) ...
Thanks for your help with link to MapCare part number that Im request it from dealer... Im sorry that this is not availible in UK ...

Thanks for the update. It must release the lock that stops you updating it the normal way. Pity that this update isn't offered in the UK and we have to turn to having our Plus units turned into retrofits although one advantage I did get the latest firmware for the unit in the process so it looks fresh :).

Last edited:

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
That site comes and goes I'd just take it from this list and be done with it:

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vw...edc&navi=19e5c80f-ca98-4776-8981-3aee228c0e5a

I'd recommend the whole of Europe bundle rather than Europe divided into 5 or so regions. They messed the release up then put a whole of Europe release out. It won't say 6P on it but it will work.

I have given the direct links out before.

Post 1305 starts the link out to the 2019-20 release for November.

Direct link to the version 1 Europe map for all of Europe is this

* in parts
Uploaded these today and all working fine!
What is the actual difference between the 6P and 5F versions?

Tell

Staff member
Uploaded these today and all working fine!
What is the actual difference between the 6P and 5F versions?

Normally the VW and Skoda releases are identical to the Seat release. Byte by byte they are the same, it just shows a different code when put it into a specific VAG subsidiary car. European boards identified that a number of years back. It was on here that I said don't wait for a Seat release use a Skoda or VW one having read they were all the same release.

I think what happened this time was that the whole of European release was rushed out after VW users had complained about the release being in five parts. It came a month or so after the other with a German board noting the year code wasn't completed correctly. Should read 2019/20 rather than 19/20. Manufacture date is put at the others releases although that could be doctored in the production of the release. The release is on the official VW site although I did give the server link but either way it's an official release put out after the others.

Since it was rushed out I suspect they didn't check that when it was put in Seats it would show the 6P code or a decision was made they were only releasing this for VW and didn't put the Seat part code in. I known one poster changed this themselves although it's only presentational.

Basically that is why I reckon it appears as it does but least gives you the whole of Europe like the previous release.

Reactions: Rob G
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.