Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Tell

Staff member
My PartNo on the original SD card is: 6P0919866H

I managed to update from 0635 to 0820 with exciter's approach, i.e.:
1. Reformatted the SD card that had 0635 on it
2. Copied the freshly dowloaded 0820 version to the SD card
3. Replaced /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with that from 0635
4. edited the /maps/00/nds/dbinfo.txt so that one of the PartNumberX entries correctly has my own part number in it, that is I replaced PartNumber4 from PartNumber4="6P0919866R" to PartNumber4="6P0919866H"
5. Inserted the card into the card and voila: 0820 working.

Step #4 may be completely useless, I did it nevertheless, and did not test without it. YMMV.
The fact that exciter made it work without #4, is a strong argument to try without it.

I see somebody recently reposted this up again, part of Exciters 2017 workaround, page 31. Only steps 1-3 are required.

However step 4 is the one which I believe is the one than can be used to make it show 6P on the screen for any one using the VW whole of Europe file that doesnt like it saying 5F. Works fine without step 4.

I know someone reported they had edited it, it's just cosmetic, doesn't need it although will fluster anyone doing the Seat logic to determine whether it's a mib 1 or 2 from the Seat part number shown in their map upgrade test. Because VW rushed the file out as a fix for their zoning of Europe into 7 parts it doesn't have a Seat part number on it as the generic ones.

So PartNumber4 can be your old 6P code. SystemName your could always make "ECE1 2019/20" so as it correct their file naming convention they got wrong :).... or not bother.

Ends that riddle of how the poster changed the partner number it was all in the thread :).

Summarise all of Europe in one file 1115 for mib2 standard:

Pick a golf 2017, discover media:

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/

or direct link to bundle 1 download file

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1115_V10.7z

Updated: : 10/1/18 (European 1/10/2018)
File format: : 7-Zip
Coverage: :
Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia (Former Republic of Yugoslavia)*, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine*, United Kingdom, Vatican City

* in parts

Last edited:
Reactions: sebastalian

jimmy1751

Mar 10, 2019
I have a Leon FR 2014 and the version on the Navigation system is 5F0919866H 0040 ECE 2014/15.

From that I am reading my maps are now about 4/5 years out of date! Reading other posts I believe this version means I have a MIB1 system and that therefore this can only be updated by Seat dealership?

Does that sound about right?

Jimmy

Tell

Staff member
I have a Leon FR 2014 and the version on the Navigation system is 5F0919866H 0040 ECE 2014/15.

From that I am reading my maps are now about 4/5 years out of date! Reading other posts I believe this version means I have a MIB1 system and that therefore this can only be updated by Seat dealership?

Does that sound about right?

Jimmy

Yes.

Mar 12, 2019
I recently bought a 2013 Leon, Nav system is doesn't ever appear to have been updated, does anyone know if this is possible?
Version :5F0919866C 0021 ECE 2013
Thanks in advance
James

Tell

Staff member
I recently bought a 2013 Leon, Nav system is doesn't ever appear to have been updated, does anyone know if this is possible?
Version :5F0919866C 0021 ECE 2013
Thanks in advance
James

Same answer as 1602 above. The 5F code places it as a Mib1 standard.

There was one guy 18 months ago in East Europe who was trying to make a side business out of the board. There is a chance that, that mod is known by retrofitters who can work on it but really you have to search them out in the UK and I don't know whether that's an option. Failing that a one off payment to a dealer for an upgrade. The files are still being released for mib1 standard where people have Mapcare abroad. I haven't indexed them here since people would have no use for them.

Some people invest in a retrofit mib2 modded for mapcare...

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy1751

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Can anyone confirm whether this reference for my new 19 plate Cupra is the most up to date available:

6PO.919.866.AF - the screen says its V7(Europe)

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Can anyone confirm whether this reference for my new 19 plate Cupra is the most up to date available:

6PO.919.866.AF - the screen says its V7(Europe)

Thanks

Bit tricky from that alone but if you

Press the “NAV” Button > Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

Then that will give you the year and a map release code. Most up-to-date is 1115 (general release)... there is a 1120 but that's segments.

It's those four digits. Then you have the workaround. I'd recommend the all Europe release I keep mentioning above rather than the Seat site one. Post 1601.

Ivandobsky

Feb 26, 2019
UK
How do I check what sat nav system I have? And the map version?

Car is a pre face lift 17 plate 1.4 ACT TSI technology.

Ivandobsky

Feb 26, 2019
UK
Kill two birds with one stone. See 1608.

Post 1607 yes that's 1030, June 2018 release. Latest is as I said but note the issue of the car showing the tow speed talked about after the release.

Cheers

So it is possible to update the maps yourself? Without going to the stealer?

I think I need to wade through some posts on this thread :)

Tell

Staff member
Cheers

So it is possible to update the maps yourself? Without going to the stealer?

I think I need to wade through some posts on this thread :)

If it's a mib2 standard denoted by the 6P see post 1601. Back up the contents of the card before you start. Use 7zip to un zip. I revisited one of the key posts on it recently.

Macs can be more troublesome than a PC. Don't have a MAC, but came across this yesterday which probably means something to Mac users

》》
suffit expander will not unzip this file. However I downloaded "The Unarchiver" and this has successfully unzipped the file
《《

There are MAC users around here who have done it. Basically it's fussy about unzipping the zip file. 7zip is recommend for the PC side. Other unzip programs may give you problems.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Bit tricky from that alone but if you

Press the “NAV” Button > Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

Then that will give you the year and a map release code. Most up-to-date is 1115 (general release)... there is a 1120 but that's segments.

It's those four digits. Then you have the workaround. I'd recommend the all Europe release I keep mentioning above rather than the Seat site one. Post 1601.

It says: 1030 ECE1 2018/19
and
Shield 2016-44 (build309)

Is that out of date given the car arrived yesterday?

Ivandobsky

Feb 26, 2019
UK
Th
If it's a mib2 standard denoted by the 6P see post 1601. Back up the contents of the card before you start. Use 7zip to un zip. I revisited one of the key posts on it recently.

Macs can be more troublesome than a PC. Don't have a MAC, but came across this yesterday which probably means something to Mac users

》》
suffit expander will not unzip this file. However I downloaded "The Unarchiver" and this has successfully unzipped the file
《《

There are MAC users around here who have done it. Basically it's fussy about unzipping the zip file. 7zip is recommend for the PC side. Other unzip programs may give you problems.

Thanks for the tips :)

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Yes but I reckon the cards are only produced annually. You can still update... noting the issues discussed. That release is the same as the partners I updated... I found a before photo.

I have e-mailed the dealer to see..

Assuming your right, and bearing in mind I am a quite a tech idiot, is there a very simple to follow guide to running the update without me trawling through 81 pages of this thread please?

Tell

Staff member
I have e-mailed the dealer to see..

Assuming your right, and bearing in mind I am a quite a tech idiot, is there a very simple to follow guide to running the update without me trawling through 81 pages of this thread please?

Yes the one in post 1601 which is the workaround. Saying that you might find in the small print you can do an update since they throw in Mapcare on a short term basis to cover this. You might have this on your build codes

77Q VWGROUP CDR SD card (Europe), map updates for 1 year

or something with similar text. Thats a Seat dealer get out of jail card.

Now I don't know whether you demand that and wait for a new card or what. I just went for the workaround approach so could do it now and be done with it.

Tell

Staff member
I've been out for a blast around Berkshire this morning and yes, it seems to be exactly this; I'm only getting the two speed limit symbols appearing whenever I move into a 'national speed limit' area. You then get the faster speed limit (non-towing) appear below the slower speed limit (towing), as per Steve's screenshot in post 1330.

As Tell says in post 1338, you can configure the unit in Settings to calculate routes based on towing or not towing, but I do already have that turned off and it appears not to make a difference. Also, you get the dual speed symbols appear even when the unit is not navigating / following a route. Obviously not a problem in the grand scheme of things, it's just good to know what it is (and, indeed, to have maps that are significantly more recent than the version 0635 which was in the car when I bought it four weeks ago!).

Been checking what European boards said about this. Clearly it's the tow speed issue. European boards thinks it's the rain speed but we dont have those in the UK.

Pictures to follow. Think the people producing the update jumbled the fields so loaded up the wrong data in the wrong fields and clearly it doesn't pick up wipers on else our European friends would be happy.

I'm still wondering whether it's hard codes in each region set up files or out of that. Experimenting at some point :).

Tell

Staff member
Here we go for any one who hasn't seen the issue with the latest standard MIB2 update (Nov 2018 release).

Trailer speeds in place of wet weather speeds. You get the two icons overlapped. touch it and they split to two, time out and return again to showing you the UK trailer speed even thou you aren't towing and haven't set the unit up as towing or not. Makes no difference.

& of course in the UK we don't have wet weather speeds stipulated by roads so to me it looks like a big mix up in fields when the update was produced for the VAG group.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I wonder if you can get the SatNav application itself upgraded, as I noticed on a courtesy car I had last week that it had some extra functions. An example is like Tells pic above, where you have an extra icon in the bottom right corner to show you a timeline of your journey, and how far along it you are.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.