Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
The Seat site is often problematic but the downloads are all the same files once uncompressed whether it's from the Seat Here Maps side, Skoda servers or VW servers. Just with this release cycle it was split into seven zones which you find on the three sites when working but by popular demand VW released the all Europe file but that never got put onto the other sites.

That release is inline with the European EU1 which we had prior to zoning. Some people driving across Europe need that it any case.

You would only do that in the release if you couldn't fit it on one SD. Evident they could. It's been suggested that TomTom generated this one (name is on jewel the box) and it's them that caused the zoning and the speed limit display showing the
The Seat site is often problematic but the downloads are all the same files once uncompressed whether it's from the Seat Here Maps side, Skoda servers or VW servers. Just with this release cycle it was split into seven zones which you find on the three sites when working but by popular demand VW released the all Europe file but that never got put onto the other sites.

That release is inline with the European EU1 which we had prior to zoning. Some people driving across Europe need that it any case.

You would only do that in the release if you couldn't fit it on one SD. Evident they could. It's been suggested that TomTom generated this one (name is on jewel the box) and it's them that caused the zoning and the speed limit display showing the trailer speed when you are not towing. Motorway speed not showing etc.

Next release should be in June. Hopefully they will fix the speed issue in that.
i just find the proper zone (german/france/uk/hun) which i need so i do it again.
We planning to go eu tour after jun so maybe i will do another update then.

Speed display not an issue mainly i know Or not bother.

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
This is mine...

I take it that is very out of date.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to update please it would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 20190323_183049 (2).jpg
    20190323_183049 (2).jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 150

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
Three years. That's a mib2 standard.

It's all above how to do it. Wine calls.

Followed that URL link and got this message when I selected seat -

"Navigation.com does not distribute Seat map updates. For more information, click the button below to access the official Seat map update website".

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
All Done!

See attached..

Been out and about for 45 mins and all is fine.. my new 5 a side venue is on there now aswell, which wasnt the previous version :)

Attachments

• 20190323_203018 (2).jpg
    20190323_203018 (2).jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 154

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
Think that one is in the domain of retrofitters, would probably cost you that with them or a bit less. That one is the firmware thread. Guys are told when they get to that point to see their dealer.

The only reason I wanted it too be fair is because I always thought the sat nav was awful. Hopefully the update will improve things a bit.

That being said I always feel a little smug and pleased with myself when I manage to do something on the sly without paying full price... maybe its a Wigan thing :happy:

Tell

Staff member
Road to Damascus Moment

For information VAG use different digital map providers for the respective two units

Standard Mib2 - TomTom

Plus (Mib2 High) - Here Maps

Having access to both and checking sources it became apparent the two didn't tally and the Standard is indeed TomTom sourced. The jewel case of the SD card gives that away with the mention of TomTom - they didn't just setup it up with Here Maps for them for the unit, but used their own.

Not sure of how long this goes back thou. Foreign boards always historically pointed to Here Maps for both. The more recent standard unit errors were associated to TomTom as a new provider in some discussions you read. The standard unit ones tally with Sygic which are TomTom where new additions or omissions are left out. High with Here Maps.

Thus if you are putting in corrections you need to access the appropriate companies sites. Mapcreator for Here Maps and the respective tool for TomTom. I make four map providers including Google and Openstreet. Neither seem too hot on new road developments.

Apr 8, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a (Dutch) Cupra 300 with a "Media System Navi Plus". The part number is "5F0035020D", hardware H50, software 0897. Can you please tell me if I have the latest software version?

Tell

Staff member
Hi guys,

I have a (Dutch) Cupra 300 with a "Media System Navi Plus". The part number is "5F0035020D", hardware H50, software 0897. Can you please tell me if I have the latest software version?

Well the firmware software thread is here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/sw-update-for-mib2-infotainment-system.427280/page-20

You have a Mib2 High on my reckoning. I got put onto 1338 which was pretty recent by a retrofitted who modded mine for the maps. Further going threw my Gallery images I'll find what my 2016 Ateca was on, but I reckon it was 0897. Mine is an H50.

Ok I went:
Mine was:
5F0035020C

After the mod it went onto

5F0035020G

Walone upgraded his high software himself. Best to shift the conversation to the firmware thread. The issue as I understand it is finding the source for mib2 high firmware. The thread mentioned links to the free standard Spanish link...

Last edited:
Reactions: Polyphemus

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi guys,

My unit was originally 5F0035020A, Hardware H42, software 0319.
I had to update the software in 4 stages, SW_0674 then SW_0818 then SW_0897 (same as yours) then finally SW_1219.
Each software update changes the suffix letter (in your case 'D') to one higher in the alphabet, mine went from A to F in think it was.
When updating the software it gives errors when scanned with VCDS or OBD11 Pro but these can be solved.
Personally if everything is working ok with your software I would not go to SW_1219 (I don't know what if anything the update improves).

Reactions: Polyphemus
Jan 15, 2019
Austria
Hello,

unit is 5f0035877A , HW50 , SW: 0514 , suppose it's MIB2 STD? When tried VW maps whole Europe for VW MIB2 STD, not recognised in Seat Ateca car?

What can be a problem, VW MIB2 STD maps, maybe to try with Seat MIB2 STD maps fom Seat website, even there is no full Europe , only regions?

Tell

Staff member
Hello,

unit is 5f0035877A , HW50 , SW: 0514 , suppose it's MIB2 STD? When tried VW maps whole Europe for VW MIB2 STD, not recognised in Seat Ateca car?

What can be a problem, VW MIB2 STD maps, maybe to try with Seat MIB2 STD maps fom Seat website, even there is no full Europe , only regions?

The process to get the correct version currently installed is here

https://hereshop.navigation.com/pro...o/sku/seat_non-distro_Leon/en_GB/HEREEMEA/GBP

Press the “NAV” Button.
Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

On a Seat Mib2 with the standard software release it should say 6P.... followed by a code (1115 for Seat November 2018 release), 6P means the release is Mib2 standard. The next line is the release... then year etc.

Reckon you didn't do the "workaround" ? Or failing that a problem with the unzip of the file. No Mac involved ?. Did you use 7 zip. You must use the original card married to the system.

There have been instances where people on the workaround copy back more than the overall.nds file, then it doesn't work. The companion contents of that directory rather than just the file. See above for the workaround - post 1601 contains a clip of the stages, you just do step 1-3, but take a backup copy of the original overall.nds file.

Use 7zip if a PC, other PC unzip programs can lead to issues. Did post some Mac instructions for Mac users once... means nothing to me

NOTE FOR MAC USERS:
Just to confirm, suffit expander will not unzip this file. However I downloaded "The Unarchiver" and this has successfully unzipped the file.
Im now in the process of backing up the maps folder from the VW card and will then copy the extracted new maps folder. Hopefully this should work now.
@Dellmassive great instructional thread, Im sure that will help loads of people. Maybe you could add for mac users to extract with The Unarchiver...credit: @Skyliner33

If you didnt back up your original SD card and lost the overall.nds file you can download the update for that and use that as long as you know which map release the original card was on.

That covers everything:).

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019
Austria
Hello Tell

thanks for your response, i checked on that way version information, and those info already wrote in previous post is from that window. There wasn't SD card in car, didn't come with car, even car is purchased new, 8" display in Seat Ateca 2019, local official dealer didn't provide SD card with maps..

So, i couldn't use any backup, as SD card original wasn't offered by Seat dealer, then i decided to buy one of cloned CID SD cards from ebay, and downloaded VW MIB2 STD maps - whole Europe, copy-pasted folder maps on root of SD 16GB, but unfortunately it wasn't recognised by unit, was info "NO NAV DB found" something like that.

I'm PC user, and sure used 7zip x64 for extracting. Seems that without original SD card it doesn't want work, or can be ebay seller sold me wrong CID SD, CID of VW or Skoda, or at all that solution works only with that overall.nds file from original SD...

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.