Need a favour from non PD tdi owners :)

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Need a quick favour here!!!...

Im having severe limp mode and lack of boost issues, i think its a boost leak but have noticed somthing wierd with the vacuum pump, just incase your not sure where this is it is located on the right side of the cylinder head and is connected to the camshaft i believe?

Well the thing i noticed was the main vacuum pipe that connects to this pump will freely rotate, the pipe itself is definitly tight, i have had it on and off a few times!!

The small silver "connecter" coming out of the pump will literaly rotate freely if turned, cant find out for sure if this is an issue so can anyone with a non-PD engine give theres a little twist and see if it moves??

A couple of tries would be greatly appriciated!!

Thanks!

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I can't see any silver connector, the black pipe is tight against the alloy pump body.

No, it doesn't rotate.

Sounds like you may have a lack of vacuum - but I would have thought that would display itself more noticably as a lack of vacuum assistance when braking?

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Thanks for the help guys, it's starting to look like my vacuum pump is faulty :(

And my explanation isn't the best! The silver thing I'm on about is what the pipe is slid onto and tightened onto lol!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise