Need advice diagnosing issue with a 56 plate mk2 Leon tfsi fr

tombogt4

May 4, 2013
Hi whoever is reading this

Ive recently developed an issue whereby it feels as if the car is almost being driven on ice, it drives straight but feels like it's on a slippery surface.

When pulling a u-turn with steering wheel full lock clockwise it's as if there is a dull thud/rubbing from the passenger side front, as well as a creaking if pulling gently from traffic lights.

I'vee checked the suspension over myself and had the local garage look at it but they can't see anything either loose/worn/broken.

Front wheel bearings were changed just after Xmas, as well as 2 new tyres, including wheel alignment at the same time due to how many pot holes have been hit.

It's driving me crazy not being able to identify where the issue is or what it could be, so any advice on what I can check in further detail would be a great help, having to rely on lifts at the moment is not fun and just want to be able to enjoy driving my own car again.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
CV joints if it's making noise at full lock? Control arms maybe. But if you and the garage have checked the suspension over.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members