Need advice on front end impact!

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Its been a LONG LONG time since I've been on here. Easily a few years. I no longer own a VAG car... unfortunately.

I'm looking for help! I need someone who has had a front end impact and is able to give some advice.

A friend has hit a deer on a country road and its bent his bonnet back.

Car works and runs fine, but the bonnet is badly bent and we have no ways of opening it.
The bumper is tucking under the bonnet too.

What would you say would need replacing?

Is there such thing as a upper slam panel?

The bottom part of the bumper is fine, and the bumper looks fine too... its just pushed back at the top.
Basically it hit just above the number plate area and has smashed the upper grilles.

On my car (Astra), the part where the bonnet latches into is metal, yet he thinks his is plastic.
We've found this online and wondering if a new bonnet and front panel will bring everything back into alignment.

http://www.clevelandpanels.com/seat/seat-ibiza-02/front-panel-complete-with-a-c-model.html

Both headlights seem fine and the back of the bonnet is still in line with the wings at the top. Its just raised at the bottom.

Last edited:

Crumpyz

Jul 5, 2012
Basingstoke
I had a vauxhall corsa, did the front in. That had a metal slam pannel, had to cut it off and put a new one on which required spot welding, just used a mig and tacked it together, that was a 1998 corsa though. Like said above think modern cars use plastic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk