need help on fitting sideskirts!!!!!!

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
sideskirts fitted, thanks for help guys

right well i have finally picked up my sideskirts.. there are most of the bottom brackets. i.e. the ones that atach to the jack point ridge thing under the car... but there are none of the mounts that attach to the top half of the sideskirts.....now.. can the skirts be attached firmly and safely without these top parts? i really want them on asap! :shrug:

Last edited:

EvilKinevil

Mar 24, 2004
Scotland
nae bother, your lucky I've had a beer and feeling nice! :funk:
a wee tip for you
1. your local parts depo might not be open on a sat
2. you will have to describe what you want (see the pic in that post of the white clips, or even better print it)
3. when you get em, use a roll of masking tape to get a streight line to match up the clips AND double check the measurements as you don't need 40 holes in your sills

I made a real mess with the sikaflex, like lots of mess, more than a 2 year old with a box of paints

take it easy and let us have some pics when your finished :cheers:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
EvilKinevil said:
I made a real mess with the sikaflex, like lots of mess, more than a 2 year old with a box of paints
good stuff if used liberally - lol - i usually tape off any bits i DONT want lots of squidgy black stick like s**t on

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
EvilKinevil said:
howd the fitting go? piccies please!

right the sideskirts are on and it was pretty easy.. bit nervous drilling into the sills but what a difference it makes to the apperance of the car.. not got any pics today but will post some up tomorrow if i get a chance!
if u get the opportunity to do this guys....do it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members