Need wiring diagram

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi all could someone please upload me a copy of the wiring diagram of the CAN lines and also park assist module wiring if possible were the connect that diagram would be great. My cars a 2016 leon 1.4 tsi. Many thanks Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Sorry I couldn't offer any help on the other forum and no-one else has stepped in with any advice as of yet but I can probably help you with the wiring diagrams.

There are two sets of diagrams. One set for front and rear PDC, and another set for just rear PDC. Which set do you need?

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Sorry I couldn't offer any help on the other forum and no-one else has stepped in with any advice as of yet but I can probably help you with the wiring diagrams.

There are two sets of diagrams. One set for front and rear PDC, and another set for just rear PDC. Which set do you need?

Hi speed thanks for your help. I need just the rear please thanks again

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Here you go. Wiring diagrams for the Rear Parking Aid (PDC) on the SEAT Leon Mk3. You'll need to expand each one to full image view see the required detail...

wipx6e.jpg

2lcr53.jpg

27xe748.jpg

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
No probs.

VAG wiring diagrams can be a bit confusing at first if you're not familiar with the notation they use. They try and simplify the huge diagrams of wired together components and the spaghetti mess of lines that you normally see in other wiring diagrams by using a "track" numbering system instead.

Think of the tracks as imaginary vertical lines running up from the numbered table that is at the bottom of every diagram. The numbers in those bottom tables are the track numbers, and any numbers in a text box that some wires seemingly terminate as is just a redirection to another track on another diagram somewhere in the same set of diagrams where that wire joins to.

As an example in the diagrams I've provided you with, on the first one in track 8 you will see a brown wire that seemingly terminates at a text box with the number "17" in. Number 17 relates to a track on a different diagram, in this case it is a track on the second diagram. In track 17 of that second diagram you will see a brown wire that terminates at a text box with the number "8" in. This corresponds to track 8 on the first diagram that you have just come from, so in effect, the two wires terminated at the numbered boxes are actually joined together and are one in the same wire.

Hopefully I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here. If I am then I'm sure there are others who will benefit from the explanation :D

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi speed could you also send me wiring diagrams for rear view camera (im using genuine seat camera) and also wiring to the rear tail lights please. I managed to sort the other issue. Thanks again

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary,

I actually found that when locking the connector across on the park assist module it wasnt fully connecting. I was able to secure the pins further down the plug connector and worked first time. Except i cant get the ops and rvc to display on screen :-( ive completed the coding but thinking ive used the incorrect reverse signal.

Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
What pin number on the BCM have you connected the reverse signal wire of the RVC to? Or if you haven't connected it to a pin on the BCM, where have you actually connected it to?

Last edited:

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary,

No I haven't connected it to the BCM. I've got it connected to the purple / grey wire which I believe is the reverse light wire, just making sure incase the BCM switches to another line?

Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
The reason I haven't posted a wiring diagram is because there isn't one for the RVC on the Mk3 Leon for some odd reason.

Looking at other VAG models I can see how the trigger wire of the RVC is connected to the reversing light bulb pin of the BCM so I figured it would be the same on the Leon.

On a RHD Mk3 Leon, the reversing light bulb is switched on via BCM pin T73c/11. The wire coming from that pin all the way to the reverse light bulb in the rear left hand light cluster is shown as a grey/white wire.

I can't see any purple/grey wires going to the rear light clusters on the wiring diagram. Where exactly are you tapping into that wire? Are you doing so in the light cluster itself?

Last edited:

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary,

I have taken a wire from the rear light cluster (from memory I thought it was purple and grey) and traced back to loom in boot / c pillar. Could you forward the light cluster diagram then and ill be able to work it out I think lol.

Thanks again
Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I'll post up the wiring diagrams for the rear light clusters when I get home.

Out of interest, have you tried measuring the voltage on that purple/grey wire to see if it reads zero volts when the car is not in reverse gear, and 12v when the gearstick is put into reverse? That would be the simplest thing to do first before chasing around for other wires.

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary,

I did measure for voltage and on the wire I've used its measuring around 3-3.5v im now assuming this is incorrect :(

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary,

Tbh I am not 100% sure on that. My car has the tech pack with front LED headlights and im nearly sure it has the LED side lights in the rear tail lights.

Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
If it's anything like the Mk2's that are fitted with LED rear lights, it will probably have LED position marker lights (side lights) and LED brake lights, but incancescent bulbs for the indicators, fogs, and reverse lights. VAG seem to save the "full" LED rear clusters for their premium brand cars (Audi and VW).

If you've got an incandescent bulb for the reversing light then 3.5v definitely isn't enough to power it on properly...unless you like reversing by candlelight!

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary

your definitely right there lol. I'm definitely into the wrong reverse wire then. I think I was assuming that as the dash screen was switching I was into the correct wire also. But assuming the screen is switching due to the coding in the infotainment is just using the reverse switch?

Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
My understanding is that the Infotainment system receives a signal that the car has been put into reverse either via a CAN Bus message or from a voltage via one of the BCM pins, and not from the Rear View Camera.

If you think about it logically, the Infotainment system will switch on the OPS when the car is put into reverse even without a camera fitted, so it can't be the camera that notifies the Infotainment system that the car has been put into reverse. The trigger wire from the reversing light circuit to the camera is simply used to turn on (power up) the camera itself. The two wires that go from the RVC to the quadlock connector on the Infotainment control unit only carry a video signal and nothing more.

So your Infotainment system will be switching to the camera display mode when you put the car into reverse based on the coding you've done, but it won't be receiving any video signal from the camera on the 2 quadlock wires due to the camera not being powered up so that would explain the blank screen.

Below is the wiring diagram for the inner tail lights on the boot lid that contain the reversing light and fog lamp. The reason for the wiring diagram showing two different sets of wires going from the BCM (J519) to the reversing bulb and the fog lamp bulb is because the two lights are swapped over on LHD and RHD cars with the fog lamp always being on the offside of the car.

I've also included another wiring diagram that shows the RVC wiring on a Leon Mk3. This isn't an official diagram because one doesn't seem to exist, but it's one I've created myself in the same style as other VAG wiring diagrams and it's been compiled from wiring information I found for the same type of RVC that's installed on other VAG cars. I'm fairly confident that this custom schematic is an accurate RVC wiring diagram for the Mk3 Leon. This also shows two wires going from the BCM to the "power on" wire of the RVC for the same reason that on a LHD car the reversing light voltage comes from BCM pin T73a/64, and on a RHD car the reversing light voltage comes from BCM pin T73c/11.

k539eu.jpg

jhpkrt.jpg

Last edited: