Neighbours and comments when cleaning?

Chris16v

I live on a small quite street, I like to clean my car properly every week......

Every week all i get is patronising comments same in week and week out.

So.....

Am I the only guy who washes everyweek and makes sure a dam good job is done ?

Every 6 months I

Wash

Clay

Polish

Wax

Lets have a laugh and post all the **** and borring comments of passing neighbours and il start

Cleaning again are we ?

If you keep cleaning that you will run out off paint

You have too much time on your hands

Missed abit!

Hose pipe ban is on (joke)

Still cleaning ?

Ohh have you seen that scratch?

Give me a break and PI%% OFF!!!!

Make me feel better cant just be me with this !

:)

Chris

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Nothing better to do. Nothing wrong with looking after your pride and joy. Bloke over the road from me at my old address used to talk to his car. ( was a rover, so prob swearing at it ) .

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
I've not had to put up with it much at home, however I can see that changing. I'm moving into my new terraced student house in September with a shared drive and plently of cocky student neighbours about.

I've definitely had the "you'll rub the paint off with all that cleaning" "what's the point, it'll be dirty in a few days anyway" "I just use a sponge and water, looks just as good, none of that polishing or shampoo rubbish".

Last edited:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
You can do mine while your at it....

Grrrr

That's the classic.

I get my doing bits on it

'your always under that bonnet'

My response the other day upset 'well I will always have more money that you then go take you're **** heap to the garage ass clown'

Hasn't spoke to me since RESULT

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Yeah i get that from this old dude, when he noticed it was rit-off he was like...all that effet yiu put into this..what a shame! Hes ok now he see's me working on the blue one and says....whys it always broke??

They dont understand modding lol

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Fancy doing my car !!!!! Fuk off its hard enough doing my own . I wash my car twice a week and alway get sly comments , but at the same time wen its clean i get more comments saying how nice it looks . Im sure my neibours do think I'm abit mad with my cars . I had vagcom plugged in the other day and my next-door neibour was like " what u doing now , tuning it up :))) can u do my fiesta . I just look laughed and said I'm turning up my exhaust tone so its louder , he gave me a well funny look ha. I know i wake half of my street up already wen im goin to work at half 5 every morn lollllll . That should **** the nosey **** up

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Can understand totally with everyone on here. It seems washing the car is frowned on by most of the population. Never understood folks that clean an 'average joe' car all the time though. Boggo Vectra diesel for example. Performance cars yeah, just cos they are cool.

I used to wash my car ALL THE TIME but if I'm truly honest I don't clean it now half as much. Why? Well for as sad as it sounds, I'm hugely sick and tired of random people coming and talking to me. Sometimes bout the car, sometimes not. I mean, I'm very very sociable but when it comes to my car I like to shut off and clean. I'm almost 'umming and Arring' their answers cos I really don't f**king care about small talk. This is England and even in summer it WILL torrential rain on my ass.

So I'm constantly fighting this shite weather, all the chavs and pikeys that walk through my street. (the fact my car is clean, immaculate and fast gets me paranoid they are casing it), so any "nice car mate what engine is it and how fast is it?" gets a reply like "it's only a 1.8. It's not fast though cos it has a problem with....." YOU HAVE TO DOWNPLAY the car in my area or it will be nicked!!! Also you always get the people I generally never talk to (but they wanna chat when I'm busy) and all kinds of other crap. As the car is getting on now it's even harder to keep on top of the cleaning. After 7 years tho it still gets compliments.

Normal comments

1. Nice car mate, what size engine.
2. How fast is it?
3. Sick car bro
4. Can you do mine.
5. Missed a bit.

Or the annoying:

1. Hello ain't spoke in awhile how are u?
2. Your gonna make it rain, so how are u?
3. I see u the other week how are you?

Yeh just f**k off, I'm racing against the weather here ok, ;)

Rant truly over. Apologies for language.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I can see where you are coming from Dolby!

I have had the what engine and when u say 1.8 u got 'oh?' just don't tell them it's a turbo and if they think bigger the engine the better then they don't no much and I ain't got the time to explain.

I don't clean mine enough due to having two kids and when the weather is nice like to make the most of it.

I take mine down to the mother in laws as its quiet and the kids play at nannys for abit lol

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lol yeah I know. Sounds really bad that I get pee'd off with folks that just wanna talk!

I have a next door neighbour that I hardly talk to, but whenever I'm hoovering my car (willing to guarantee 6 months wages as I'm so sure) and the interior is immaculate, he will say "can I ask a favour, can you drop me in town if I give u a tenner"......as he sometimes gets me free entry in clubs I'm almost compelled to say 'yeh ok'. But these days, nah I tell him straight up lol. No one goes in my car when it's clean. A tually I don't enjoy ANYONE in my car really as I like it spotless!!!!

I'm such a awesome twat huh??? ;)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Can understand totally with everyone on here. It seems washing the car is frowned on by most of the population. Never understood folks that clean an 'average joe' car all the time though. Boggo Vectra diesel for example. Performance cars yeah, just cos they are cool.

Bit harsh with the 'boggo vectra' comment. Some poor guy might have worked his arse off his whole life to get a 'boggo vectra'.

IMO, detailing is a hobby that can be done on any car - it's acutally more rewarding to work on a car that's not seen much more than a bucket and a sponge all its life. Plus it's nice to know that even if you do have a boggo vectra, it'll be one of the cleanest in the country :)

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
I agree. Doesn't matter what car ou got it will also look loads better cleaned. Mk1 fiesta or GTR i used to look down on people who mod crap cars like 106's ect. Used to think what's the point but now I'm like fair play my car is my toy their car is their toy. I used to get loads of stupid unfunny comments when washing my car. I combatted that by wearing headphones. Works 100% when i used ti wash my old impreza some kids from a cuple doors down would come over and bother me saying rubbish like "do you drift that?" I'm stood there thinking its a awd car so can't drift...... just hsed to say no not yet.... LEAVE ME ALONE TO CLEAN MY CAR!!
Rant over

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lol you know what I mean, a Boggo vectra has no 'car enthusiast here' subtlety emblazoned on the car has it???

People that 'detail' are enthusiasts but 'bucket and sponge' brigade are not lol.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
I no what you mean. Id love to have the gear and time to do a proper wash of my leon. Work and kid make free time hard lol. Would lime to clay mine one day. I litterly have no clue how to detail a car tho lol. I usually wash dry and maybe polish if time permits as washing takes like 2hours

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I agree. Doesn't matter what car ou got it will also look loads better cleaned. Mk1 fiesta or GTR i used to look down on people who mod crap cars like 106's ect. Used to think what's the point

Hey! I had a 106 gti years back and it was modded suspension wheels and then all engine mods it was great to see the look on people's faces (CTR's etc) when I beat them on 1/4miles or overtook them on track days.

I'd rather have a lesser car modded to take the smile off people's faces than just buying a fast car out the box.

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Hey! I had a 106 gti years back and it was modded suspension wheels and then all engine mods it was great to see the look on people's faces (CTR's etc) when I beat them on 1/4miles or overtook them on track days.

I'd rather have a lesser car modded to take the smile off people's faces than just buying a fast car out the box.

Amen to this...

people tend to forget that some people are less fortunate than others & a cheap ass vectra diesel could be all they were able to afford, family with 1 income & 3 kids for example cant afford performance over practicality,

my first 121k rover 414 was a 500 quid 12 year old car, but my god was it clean,

"you cant polish a turd" true, but you can cover it in glitter,

at 22-23 i was all for my car, at 28-29 its not as high a priority, keeping clean yes, but at the end of the day it is an inanimate object/material possession.

i think many will agree its all about status in today's day & age, either the underdog, or the 10ft bloke.

Never really had much issue with people talking, had comments on how immaculate the car is, back in 2008 it was machined once a month, Worst was from a guy 2 doors down,

"if you spent as much time on your bird as you do your car she'd be worn out"..

that i agree there's no need, I would never slate anyone taking pride in their motor no matter what it cost,

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I agree and disagree to this I have a 1.9dturbo 306 r reg to get me to and from work as most days I finish I'm dirty so I don't wanna dirty a good car

I have never polished this car or even bothered to dry it, it gets a quick clean with the pressure washer at work with brush attachment every month or so, yet the LCR gets the full works

I'm sorry but of all I could afford was a crap car and nothing I did (polishing all day etc) I wouldn't bother as I don't really have the time

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lol these threads are funny. For the umpteenth time I'm not cussing a cheap car as the pug is glorious. My point is (and certain folks on here knew my point), so again a light hearted thread turns into a slanging match yet again

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members